Page 31 of 207 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So with all the talk of Jean dying in this movie, how exactly would they pull that off in a way that doesn’t instantly conflict the ending of Days if Future Past where she was shown to be alive and well especially in a universe more grounded in reality where when you’re dead, you’re dead.
    This was brought up in an article. Mystique is gonna be killed off, and it's questioned where that makes sense in timeline, and how old are Magneto & Xavier supposed to be here. lol

Here it is.
    https://www.cbr.com/dark-phoenix-dea...ie-continuity/

They should’ve at least made Fassbender’s hair gray. Show him aging towards looking like Ian McKellen. And I hope they don’t kill Jean this time honestly. Just Mystique and leave it at that. Otherwise it does contradict everything from the happy ending of DoFP. Then again, so does Logan. But I think Logan was supposed to take place in the old continuity, however if it does then he should theoretically be in the original timeline with the Sentinels and whatnot. X-men film continuity is a mess. Even more so than the comics.

I’ll go ahead and hazard a guess that...

- The original X-men timeline was altered by Wolverine in DoFP;
    - Logan takes place in a version of the newly altered timeline;
    - The X-men films subsequent to DoFP, Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix, are on their own timeline now and not headed towards Logan’s timeline or Cable’s for that matter; because
    - Deadpool and his films are in a totally different universe, and not just a different timeline.

That’s about the only way I can make sense of it.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 03-04-2019 at 08:51 AM.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

So with all the talk of Jean dying in this movie, how exactly would they pull that off in a way that doesn’t instantly conflict the ending of Days if Future Past where she was shown to be alive and well especially in a universe more grounded in reality where when you’re dead, you’re dead.
    Funnily enough, I just posted a thing about the timeline in the other DP thread. Essentially, the series now has a split timeline, and the future shown at the end of DOFP was the end point of the original trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    The original timeline: X-Men: First Class > X-Men Origins: Wolverine > X-Men Trilogy > The Wolverine > Days of Future Past (future portion)

New series: X-Men: First Class > Days of Future Past (past portion) > X-Men Apocalypse > Dark Phoenix
    In other words, this new timeline isn't beholden to future shown in DoFP.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

What about Logan? Is it in its own timeline then?

And I don’t worry about Deadpool. It’s kind of its own thing. Colossus being a vastly different character, for one thing, causes me to just put it in its own little pocket universe. Hell, maybe Deadpool is already in the MCU for all we know.

With all the links to the International Trailer being disabled, I finally saw it in this clip review/analyzing it. Probably a loophole in copyright infringement as “coverage”. I agree it does a better job giving the narrative. Perhaps it does it TOO well...

And getting back to an earlier reference to “Final Form Phoenix” being Turner/Grey being naked and glow-y. Looks like she’s not there yet during the showdown with Chastain/Smith. Perhaps it’s meant as White Hot Room Phoenix.

0E97AF4F-6B21-44D0-B966-3EDD089BE07C.jpg

Last edited by Thirteen; 03-04-2019 at 09:26 AM.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    What about Logan? Is it in its own timeline then?

And I don’t worry about Deadpool. It’s kind of its own thing. Colossus being a vastly different character, for one thing, causes me to just put it in its own little pocket universe. Hell, maybe Deadpool is already in the MCU for all we know.
    I tend to leave Logan on its own due to both its self-contained nature and Mangold's dislike of cinematic universes, but, if forced to choose, I tend to group it with the original timeline (probably post-corrected DoFP future) since Xavier specifically mentions Logan's background as a cage fighter as shown in X-Men.

EDIT: Regarding your second point, I, too, put the Deadpool movies in their own section. It's funny how the success of the MCU has made people try to start cramming things together that aren't supposed to for the sake of a "cohesive" universe.

What I liked about the Fox films, at least toward the end, was that they weren't afraid to eschew a cinematic universe in order to make more interesting or out there solo movies (DC seems to be going this route, too). Yeah, the main X-Men films were meant to fit together, but Deadpool was its own thing, Logan was another, New Mutants (should it see the light of day) is oozing in horror elements, etc.

Heck, I would've loved to have seen the James Franco Multiple Man movie, if only to see how freaking wacky it would've been.

Not to get too far off-topic, but that's what gotten me a little disillusioned with the MCU. In phases 1 and 2, you could tell that they were making individual films that were contributing to a larger whole: Captain America felt different than Iron Man, which felt different than Thor, but they were all leading toward The Avengers.

Nowadays, it feels like the larger whole is all that matters, and the solo movies tend to be rather homogenized as a result. In Captain America: Civil War , Iron Man had more of a character arc than the titular character, Iron Man had a huge impact on the characters and plot in Spider-Man: Homecoming and Thor basically shared Ragnarok with the Hulk.

Not trying to derail the thread here. Just talking. Lemme know if I need to remove my added material.
    Last edited by Sam Robards, Comic Fan; 03-04-2019 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Tangential ranting
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    With all the links to the International Trailer being disabled, I finally saw it in this clip review/analyzing it. Probably a loophole in copyright infringement as “coverage”. I agree it does a better job giving the narrative. Perhaps it does it TOO well...

And getting back to an earlier reference to “Final Form Phoenix” being Turner/Grey being naked and glow-y. Looks like she’s not there yet during the showdown with Chastain/Smith. Perhaps it’s meant as White Hot Room Phoenix.

0E97AF4F-6B21-44D0-B966-3EDD089BE07C.jpg

To me, that is more Silver/Silvery-White version if Phoenix as opposed to the White ( Hot )version.

Maybe Silvery-White can be the version of Jean as Phoenix being alive (as opposed to White Phoenix being in White Hot room) after being the Dark Phoenix? This version is more toned down, but filled with knowledge and understanding of the cosmos.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Funnily enough, I just posted a thing about the timeline in the other DP thread. Essentially, the series now has a split timeline, and the future shown at the end of DOFP was the end point of the original trilogy.

In other words, this new timeline isn't beholden to future shown in DoFP.
    I believe it is.

At the end of DoFP, Xavier say's to Logan "Welcome back" and "I had a promise to keep"

To me, this implies that this is in fact the same altered Xavier we saw during DoFP, McAvoy's Xavier, the one that stopped moping around, stopped taking drugs, got his sh*t together, the one that went on to Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix, formed the X-Men and went on to remember THIS version of Logan. I don't see how the timeline just splits off when he remembers this Logan.

EDIT: I do hope I made that easy to understand?
    Last edited by HaydnC95; 03-04-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    What do you think of Nando v Movies' Hopeless Horsemen rewrite of X-Men: Apocalypse?
    I think he misunderstood the character of Apocalypse. He is no Thanos but the Summers family’s own Sabertooth. And the mind control thing only happened in the animated version.

Remember the ending to X2?

Quote Originally Posted by sublimeclown View Post
    I think people are referring to the transport with Mystique and Juggernaut in it. Not a train, but a similar looking set piece.
    Deadpool 2 a actually created that set piece.

All they need to do is hint that Jean Grey is still alive at the end, just like they did in X2. It doesn't have to be major. It just has to make clear that she's not completely dead and that epilogue from DOFP is still canon.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Why do you act like this franchise has ever cared about continuity. Even they did, so what? She's Phoenix. Its part of her thing to be resurrected

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Who else appreciates that they adapted this scene?

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this actually.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Eh, not really. There’s still a solid 30ish years between DP and the ending in DOFP so it’s not a problem.

Days of Future Past killed any “groundedness” the Fox verse had tbh
    Last edited by Arsenal; 03-04-2019 at 05:31 PM.