Page 37 of 207 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Dark Phoenix is heading to Wondercon Friday, March 29 3:15pm - 4:15pm.

Quote Originally Posted by MaddieGrey View Post
    Dark Phoenix is heading to Wondercon Friday, March 29 3:15pm - 4:15pm.
    Hope that means more footage.

I was at NYCC last year when Sophie Turner, Tye Sheridan, and Simon Kinberg did a panel for the audience. They were all wonderful, charming, and fun. I hope it shows in the final product.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Hope that means more footage.

I was at NYCC last year when Sophie Turner, Tye Sheridan, and Simon Kinberg did a panel for the audience. They were all wonderful, charming, and fun. I hope it shows in the final product.
    Acording to twitter, the visiting cast are: Turner, McAvoy, Chastain, Hoult and Fassbender, along with Kinberg. There's suppose to be footage as well. It could be the same first 15 mins.

We're in the home stretch, so they have to give more details now and expect a new trailer for Endgame.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Just finished watching Umbrella Academy was surpised with the parallels it had with this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Just finished watching Umbrella Academy was surpised with the parallels it had with this movie.
    Yeah, that series did the DPS better than we'll get in this movie, most likely. You just can't do character development like that in no time. In 10 hours we got a balanced ensemble and the slow corruption of #7 before her going "Dark Phoenix". You just can't do that in 2 hours. The Umbrella Academy did more in one season than Fox has done in 20 years, real talk...
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yeah, that series did the DPS better than we'll get in this movie, most likely. You just can't do character development like that in no time. In 10 hours we got a balanced ensemble and the slow corruption of #7 before her going "Dark Phoenix". You just can't do that in 2 hours. The Umbrella Academy did more in one season than Fox has done in 20 years, real talk...
    The Dark Knight pulled an arc like that off in a single movie with Harvey Dent.

I don't think so. I've never seen the appeal of the Nolan Batman films. And they certainly didn't handle development of a whole team/family of powered individuals like The Umbrella Academy did, which was basically a masterclass in Claremontian ensemble techniques.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Not really. Dent was the bog-standard "Introduce good guy, something bad happens to good guy, good guy becomes bad guy" that's been done a million times.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Not really. Dent was the bog-standard "Introduce good guy, something bad happens to good guy, good guy becomes bad guy" that's been done a million times.
    That's essentially the Phoenix story just played out over a longer format.

I talked to a couple of people who saw a private screening of the movie back in November.

I’m not going to spoil anything but I will say that there is some misdirection going on with this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    no one coulda predicted the DPS lay in the future of Marvel Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Much longer, with a lot more details. If Batman Begins had shown dent as lifelong childhood friend of Bruce Wayne that used his connections to save Bruce/Batman's life, and then things went downhill it would be closer. DPS stood alone because of having Jean be established so long ago as a defining member of the X-Men.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

I talked to a couple of people who saw a private screening of the movie back in November.

I’m not going to spoil anything but I will say that there is some misdirection going on with this movie.
    I think there is a lot going on with this movie... despite all the criticisms over the plot, cast, direction etc., people want this film to fail. The funny thing is, there is no guarantee the MCU will embrace the X-men in a satisfactory way...
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Since it's in editing right now, I have a feeling the final cut is not finalized. Movies like this usually have multiple endings and chances are Fox still hasn't determined which they'll use. With 3 months left, it could still go in any number of directions. I have a feeling the details will leak some time in late May, but my biggest hope is that the movie will close on a high note before the X-men head to the MCU.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

any news on who the castmate Sophie had to give Dark Phoenix cause the way/times(?) she was stepped to?

https://heroichollywood.com/sophie-t...nix-x-men-set/
    Last edited by BroHomo; 03-11-2019 at 05:41 AM.