Page 38 of 207 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    The Dark Knight pulled an arc like that off in a single movie with Harvey Dent.
    I love Dark Knight but Harvey was wasted in the third Act he shoukd had gone MIA after the killings or something and saved for another film. I mean such a great build for so little Two-Face.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    I think there is a lot going on with this movie... despite all the criticisms over the plot, cast, direction etc., people want this film to fail. The funny thing is, there is no guarantee the MCU will embrace the X-men in a satisfactory way...
    I think it’s less about people wanting this movie to fail and more about people not wanting this much exposure to the FoX-men so close to the Disney merger. They are afraid that an X-movie this late in the game will only make the MCU wait longer to introduce them into their world in order to give people enough space to forget about such a recent X-men take. No real X-men fan wants a good X-men movie to fail. That just doesn’t make sense at all. The thing is there are a lot of people who just aren’t down for what Fox has been putting out for the last 20 years. They don’t see a reflection of the X-men that they, as fans, have been wanting and waiting on for a long time. Just like there are a good amount of people that really do love Fox’s take on them and they have every right to do so by enjoying all of the hype for this movie, which is likely the last of the franchise. I think people forget that we’re all X fans here and as much a we might HEAVILY disagree on the way things should be sometimes, when it comes down to it we all really want the same thing. A fantastic and honest portrayal of these characters and stories that we know and love. So while you are absolutely right that there is no guarantee that the MCU will do a perfect take on the X-men, people are just excited and pumped because at long last there is at least a Hope(pun intended) that they might see a reflection of their favorite mythos finally portrayed on the big screen in a way that matches their expectations. While on the other hand as well, people who are anti-Disney/MCU can’t really say that they won’t like the new movies either. As much as you might dislike the MCU’s track record so far, we really don’t have any idea as to what they’re officially going to do with them yet. No matter what, we all just want good X-movies. I wish people would remember that sometimes before getting so devisive and defensive about people with differing opinions. On BOTH sides to be clear. Why can’t we all just hope for the best? Disney is factually, the future of the X-men so I hope we can all just get on board for something new and equally as good, if not better until more information comes out about the MCUX-men’s direction going forward. They we can all fall back into our lovely tradition of bickering over who wants what and would would be better lol.
    Last edited by Ororo101; 03-11-2019 at 08:48 AM.

I absolutely don't want this film to fail (or any film really)... I just feel like FOX hasn't done much to help the franchise along and even when we do have shining moments like Logan or Deadpool I feel like it has more to do with the actor's involvement to make quality films than it does FOX or the directors attached to the films to respect the source material. They've gone so far off the train tracks that they don't resemble X-movies in my mind outside of having characters that loosely resemble those in the comics. That isn't Rogue, that isn't Kitty, that isn't Beast, that isn't Nightcrawler. Charles and Magneto make those films work, and since Hugh no longer wants to play Wolvie, it's time to move on.

While you're 100% correct that MCU won't necessarily make these films any better, it's time to give someone else the toys to play with and then we can complain about THOSE films. They certainly don't make perfect or "correct" Avengers movies, but at least those are FUN films that help you put aside any gripes because they take us back to that element of entertainment we hadn't seen in epic genre movies since the 80's/90's.

So yeah, I'll take questionable casting in MCU X-films so long as they are so dang fun I forgive them for it (which is what happened for me with the current crop of MCU films).

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I think it’s less about people wanting this movie to fail and more about people not wanting this much exposure to the FoX-men so close to the Disney merger. They are afraid that an X-movie this late in the game will only make the MCU wait longer to introduce them into their world in order to give people enough space to forget about such a recent X-men take. No real X-men fan wants a good X-men movie to fail. That just doesn’t make sense at all. The thing is there are a lot of people who just aren’t down for what Fox has been putting out for the last 20 years. They don’t see a reflection of the X-men that they, as fans, have been wanting and waiting on for a long time. Just like there are a good amount of people that really do love Fox’s take on them and they have every right to do so by enjoying all of the hype for this movie, which is likely the last of the franchise. I think people forget that we’re all X fans here and as much a we might HEAVILY disagree on the way things should be sometimes, when it comes down to it we all really want the same thing. A fantastic and honest portrayal of these characters and stories that we know and love. So while you are absolutely right that there is no guarantee that the MCU will do a perfect take on the X-men, people are just excited and pumped because at long last there is at least a Hope(pun intended) that they might see a reflection of their favorite mythos finally portrayed on the big screen in a way that matches their expectations. While on the other hand as well, people who are anti-Disney/MCU can’t really say that they won’t like the new movies either. As much as you might dislike the MCU’s track record so far, we really don’t have any idea as to what they’re officially going to do with them yet. No matter what, we all just want good X-movies. I wish people would remember that sometimes before getting so devisive and defensive about people with differing opinions. On BOTH sides to be clear. Why can’t we all just hope for the best? Disney is factually, the future of the X-men so I hope we can all just get on board for something new and equally as good, if not better until more information comes out about the MCUX-men’s direction going forward. They we can all fall back into our lovely tradition of bickering over who wants what and would would be better lol.
    They made a Spider-Man movie and included him in Civil War like 2 years after TAS2. I don't think they'll wait a long time. They do want to release The Eternals, Shang Chi, Black Panther 2 and more Spider-Man films soon though. I hope they don't abandon the universe they created and just incorporate mutants. Disney Plus will affect MCU-lore, so there's plenty of opportunities for anything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    I absolutely don't want this film to fail (or any film really)... I just feel like FOX hasn't done much to help the franchise along and even when we do have shining moments like Logan or Deadpool I feel like it has more to do with the actor's involvement to make quality films than it does FOX or the directors attached to the films to respect the source material. They've gone so far off the train tracks that they don't resemble X-movies in my mind outside of having characters that loosely resemble those in the comics. That isn't Rogue, that isn't Kitty, that isn't Beast, that isn't Nightcrawler. Charles and Magneto make those films work, and since Hugh no longer wants to play Wolvie, it's time to move on.

While you're 100% correct that MCU won't necessarily make these films any better, it's time to give someone else the toys to play with and then we can complain about THOSE films. They certainly don't make perfect or "correct" Avengers movies, but at least those are FUN films that help you put aside any gripes because they take us back to that element of entertainment we hadn't seen in epic genre movies since the 80's/90's.

So yeah, I'll take questionable casting in MCU X-films so long as they are so dang fun I forgive them for it (which is what happened for me with the current crop of MCU films).
    Well said. I'm sure there will be gripes about the future films, but we can count on them being fun and entertaining. I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post

100% agree on this. Which is why I’m more than ready for the change. Others aren’t excited for it and that’s totally okay too. Just want to see something resembling the characters I love on the big screen.

Do we have any new info regarding Dazzler? I'm finding it hard to think of where she will fit in the movie. I'm not expecting anything other than a cameo, maybe she's on Genosha?

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    They made a Spider-Man movie and included him in Civil War like 2 years after TAS2. I don't think they'll wait a long time. They do want to release The Eternals, Shang Chi, Black Panther 2 and more Spider-Man films soon though. I hope they don't abandon the universe they created and just incorporate mutants. Disney Plus will affect MCU-lore, so there's plenty of opportunities for anything.
    I would say give it two years before like maybe doing Rogue in Captain Marvel 2. Like I do think it should be slightly different from how it went down in the comics, but that could be a good starting off point for the X-Men.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    Do we have any new info regarding Dazzler? I'm finding it hard to think of where she will fit in the movie. I'm not expecting anything other than a cameo, maybe she's on Genosha?
    Like in Wolverine & The X-Men.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    As much as you might dislike the MCU’s track record so far, we really don’t have any idea as to what they’re officially going to do with them yet. No matter what, we all just want good X-movies.
    Actually, I think the MCU has done very well with their films and I am interested to see what they have in mind for our merry mutants.

It is my sincere hope that the MCU/Disney has me sitting speechless, with a goofy-ass grin on my face when I see their take on the X-men whether on the big and/or little screen.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

I'm not sure I believe anything from this gossipy piece about the Dark Phoenix movie from this site I've never even heard of before now. Although if true, it's hysterical to read of anyone at a Fox organization complaining about capitalism:

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...-quitting/amp/

I'll say it could be true and it's a quick, interesting read even if it's all lies.

BANNED

You’ve never heard of Vanity Fair?

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Someone on reddit theorized that the aliens are the D'Bari based on the shot in the international trailer showing a supernova.

On Jimmy Fallon Jessica Chastain said that character’s motive is just in her eyes. Maybe she wants the Phoenix so she can resurrect the planet it destroyed?
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 03-17-2019 at 09:35 PM.