Page 45 of 207 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast

You don't need two movies for this story (you could start seeding it in earlier movies but oops), you don't need need to go to space, and you can't make it the subplot of a different film.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    https://screenrant.com/dark-phoenix-...istake-cosmic/

I disagree. As much as I'd love to see the cosmic side of Dark Phoenix on screen, I wouldn't say it's necessary to tell the story. It was far from being X3's problem. It doesn't even really look like it's going to be a big part of this movie.

Also, wasn't it originally said that this was going to be a two part thing? That would have been a good way of showing the cosmic part of the story. The first part could deal with the initial incident in space, and Jean developing her powers, while the 2nd part would deal with her going Dark Phoenix, and the cosmic part of the story.
    Guessing it was supposed to have a cliffhanger, but then Disney happened.

The only one who ever said it was a two-parter was Olivia Munn. So....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The only one who ever said it was a two-parter was Olivia Munn. So....
    I always wondered why she said 2 parts. D you think they changed this since she said that? Made it 1 film and maybe combined some elements of both?

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I always wondered why she said 2 parts. D you think they changed this since she said that? Made it 1 film and maybe combined some elements of both?
    She said "it's like a two-parter," referring to how "big" it is, not that it actually was a two-parter.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

What was wrong with Selene being a telepath with life-draining abilities or a telepath who could manipulate inorganic matter? Anyway, I will wait to see.

I feel like the Acolytes would've been better followers for Mags like originally mentioned.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    My thing is I know they've taken extreme liberties with characters, especially side or lesser known mutants but if they were going to change her to Selene they could've at least made her look more Selene like. I'm not saying she's got to wear the Hellfire fetish wear but a blue/black wig and some dark stylized clothes/leather. Considering how dark the clothes & costumes have been in most of these films you'd think they'd have some pieces left to give her a proper X-film look, if not the comic look.

The entire punk look with the tattoos, tank top and little accessories gives me Morlock/Omega Last Stand vibes.
    *Sigh* I guess they just couldn’t resist teasing us Psylocke fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    *Sigh* I guess they just couldn’t resist teasing us Psylocke fans.
    Can't get any worse than the "Psylocke" in Last Stand. God, how was that even a thing?

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    No, that Storm is too good a character to play second fiddle to Black Panther or any romantic lead, that Storm deserves her own movie regardless of who plays her and that she’s tired of being a background nobody.
    I think she's right. That marriage was the worst thing to happen to Storm in the comics, and I don't want her first appearance in the MCU to be as T'Challa's arm-candy.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I think she's right. That marriage was the worst thing to happen to Storm in the comics, and I don't want her first appearance in the MCU to be as T'Challa's arm-candy.
    She was right about everything, but she pissed the MCU stans and MRAs off by saying Storm can be as strong a character as BP on her own and that women don't need men to be validated, respectively (and it wasn't an attack on Marvel Studios since she criticized Fox for not letting her do anything).

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    What was wrong with Selene being a telepath with life-draining abilities or a telepath who could manipulate inorganic matter? Anyway, I will wait to see.

I feel like the Acolytes would've been better followers for Mags like originally mentioned.
    Can't be like the comic version I guess. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    She was right about everything, but she pissed the MCU stans and MRAs off by saying Storm can be as strong a character as BP on her own and that women don't need men to be validated, respectively (and it wasn't an attack on Marvel Studios since she criticized Fox for not letting her do anything).
    she was unpopular before this tho

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Did Wonder Woman ultimately play second fiddle to batman or superman when she appeared in BvS only to go on to have a mega blockbuster selling solo film? Hasnt storm being playing the 10th fiddle to characters like wolverine, jean, magneto, professor x, quicksilver, mystique, and beast? surely she and others who agree with her statements dont think marvel will do worse than fox did with her. I mean idolizing mystique of all characters? needing a man, apocalypse, to reach your full potential?? please she cant be serious. nevertheless, Appearing in a movie doesnt mean she would play second fiddle to anyone and if done correctly it could lead to a successful solo film akin to WW. Also I find it hilarious when people say that getting married was the worst thing to happen to Ororo when it led to her being queen and much later led to her having the biggest development she has had in eons which is her being an actual goddess. if the marriage had started right after claremonts first run ended I could see that point but the actual worst thing to happen to ororo was being written by Scott lobdell and that all happened way before she was married to tchalla.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-01-2019 at 11:36 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Storm went from headlining X-Treme/Uncanny with her UN-mandated XSE team to being T'Challa's arm candy and loosing all relevance to the X-Men mythos during their darkest hour(paving the way for Rightclops and Emma's reign). All because Hudlin wanted her and promised a BET series that ultimately never even aired in the US. Coates's Adversary story was not worth it.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Awesome. Glad to hear that not everyone is down on this movie, as some movie pundits would have us believe.

Two months left...
    People at comic con also cheer Batman V Superman stuff. Just saying. Companies aren't stupid the first audiences you show stuff are type of audiences who will overlook any bad stuff. I am not saying movie is Bad it is just a Con crowd being excited over a clip isn't really a positive sign. If they drop review embargo early that is first real positive sign about movies you can get these days