Page 49 of 207 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Now I'm wondering why the Force and the aliens did NOT show up in the original two timelines. I think that it came to be that way because the X-Men did NOT travel in space back in Timeline 1 or even Timeline 2, and so Jean never came in contact with the Force. Easy.

So I guess that, without Jean Grey, the Force just moved away from our galaxy and transported itself into another one.

I bet Chastain managed to possess the Force in the very end and the aliens eventually conquered the galaxies, including our one (I guess in the far far future, when the X-Men are dead).

Thank God, Sebastian Shaw traveled back in time decades after "The Last Stand".
    Jean’s powers were surpressed in the original timeline.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-04-2019 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Now I'm wondering why the Force and the aliens did NOT show up in the original two timelines. I think that it came to be that way because the X-Men did NOT travel in space back in Timeline 1 or even Timeline 2, and so Jean never came in contact with the Force. Easy.

So I guess that, without Jean Grey, the Force just moved away from our galaxy and transported itself into another one.

I bet Chastain managed to possess the Force in the very end and the aliens eventually conquered the galaxies, including our one (I guess in the far far future, when the X-Men are dead).

Thank God, Sebastian Shaw traveled back in time decades after "The Last Stand".
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

...what's happening now?

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    X2 had a pretty decent push, if I recall. But I don't remember merch like this so I think it's a positive sign that Fox/Disney are making a concerted effort with this movie.
    I have some nice action figures from the X-2 movie. I even remember a fairly sizable Nightcrawler figure for sale at Walmart that I didn't have the money for at the time, so X-1 and X-2 was marketed more than the other FoX-Man movies were. It's good to see at least an effort with Dark Phoenix, although I suspect the merger was finalized a little too late for anything very substantial.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    I have some nice action figures from the X-2 movie. I even remember a fairly sizable Nightcrawler figure for sale at Walmart that I didn't have the money for at the time, so X-1 and X-2 was marketed more than the other FoX-Man movies were. It's good to see at least an effort with Dark Phoenix, although I suspect the merger was finalized a little too late for anything very substantial.
    Yeah, I think I know the Nightcrawler figure you're talking about. He really was the breakout star in X2 and I recall a lot of merch for him showing up. I still see some of it at comic conventions. After that movie, though, the marketing seemed to taper. The only one who got a real push was Deadpool, but that was only after his movie succeeded. I'm hoping Dark Phoenix has more going for it with the Disney machine behind it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    ...what's happening now?
    Trying to start an interesting discussion... at least, I'm trying to do that. LOL

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Jean’s powers were surpressed in the original timeline.
    Ehm, yes. But I was talking about the Force. Not Jean.

John Byrne on both Fox film adaptations of Dark Phoenix not a fan.

John Byrne did not co-create Scott Lang, common misconception.

Any criticism from one of the braintrust who ruined the Phoenix is a glowing endorsement.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    John Byrne did not co-create Scott Lang, common misconception.

Any criticism from one of the braintrust who ruined the Phoenix is a glowing endorsement.
    If you mean bringing Jean back and the Jamaica Bay storyline that and the X-Factor run with the original X-Men was Fantastic.

Good on Byrne to tell it like it is! Claremont is always too diplomatic with these Hollywood demons.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member

I love the way he explains the FOX films failure. Without building there can't be any reward.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    John Byrne on both Fox film adaptations of Dark Phoenix not a fan.

finally someone is speaking the truth. thank you mr. byrne
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Wonder if he feels the same about the 90s animated version which happened a few episodes after Jean became Phoenix.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Wonder if he feels the same about the 90s animated version which happened a few episodes after Jean became Phoenix.
    the 90s animated did a billion times better of handling the story than the foxmen movie. so I'm sure he would be more forgiving.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-05-2019 at 02:06 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!