Page 53 of 207 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by frankyspaceout View Post
    Dark Phoenix has a lot of things working against it. Between Avengers Endgame, Toy Story 4, and Godzilla, it's got a lot of competition.

That said, if it's good, word of mouth will help. It always does. That's how movies like Aquaman can make only $72 million opening weekend, but go onto make $1 billion worldwide. Now, I doubt Dark Phoenix will gross that much. It probably won't even gross as much as DOFP at this point. But if it's good and generates some buzz, it will show in its total.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I am going to see it. If I like it, I might see it again. Always catch things missed on a second viewing!

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frankyspaceout View Post
    I think that sounds about right, but I'm not sure how much its BO matters. We know this is the last hurrah for this iteration of the franchise, and, while it'd be nice if it did we'll financially, it's not like a sequel is riding on it.

As far as I'm concerned, this one's for the fans, and I'm more than ok with that, as I'm freaking psyched to see it.

EDIT: I'd be curious to see what kind of review embargo there is on DP. Three weeks of negative reviews, which I think were undeserved, prior to Apocalypse is what sank its opening BO.
    Last edited by Sam Robards, Comic Fan; 04-12-2019 at 02:20 PM.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Fans don’t really matter when it comes to Box Office just ask Venom. They are less than 1% of the audience.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-12-2019 at 03:00 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    We know this is the last hurrah for this iteration of the franchise.
    No, I think the last hurrah is "The New Mutants".

Said that, I'm super-glad that "Apocalypse" was a global hit, because to me it's a masterpiece.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    No, I think the last hurrah is "The New Mutants".

Said that, I'm super-glad that "Apocalypse" was a global hit, because to me it's a masterpiece.
    I was talking about X-Men proper, but I'm still not convinced that New Mutants is getting a theatrical release. We'll see, though!
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I was talking about X-Men proper, but I'm still not convinced that New Mutants is getting a theatrical release. We'll see, though!
    Blue fingers crossed.

What was Logan’s Box Office projection?

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Dark Phoenix has a lot of things working against it. Between Avengers Endgame, Toy Story 4, and Godzilla, it's got a lot of competition.

That said, if it's good, word of mouth will help. It always does. That's how movies like Aquaman can make only $72 million opening weekend, but go onto make $1 billion worldwide. Now, I doubt Dark Phoenix will gross that much. It probably won't even gross as much as DOFP at this point. But if it's good and generates some buzz, it will show in its total.
    Aquaman made 67 million on its opening weekend.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=dcfilm0617.htm

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Logan was a heavy risk. More solo focused, R-rating, banking heavily on the marketability of Hugh Jackman at that point. And it worked.

But Dark Phoenix is different. Another team focused movie banking heavily on the goodwill from First Class and hoping that audiences want to see a movie based around Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, and Jennifer Lawrence still works.

BANNED

$68 million and actually got $88 million. But it was got great reviews and word of mouth.

Fans don’t really matter when it comes to Box Office just ask Venom. They are less than 1% of the audience.
    Die hard fans are the minotity for sure. Mostly are just casual viewers

Aquaman made 67 million on its opening weekend.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=dcfilm0617.htm
    No way Kinberg matches Wan in his directorial debut. Aquaman was a treasure chest of visual delights, a fantasy epic that was stunning and transcended the superhero genre. DP? Not so much. It would be hilarious if tSLoP2 outgrosses it opening weekend.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    No way Kinberg matches Wan in his directorial debut. Aquaman was a treasure chest of visual delights, a fantasy epic that was stunning and transcended the superhero genre. DP? Not so much. It would be hilarious if tSLoP2 outgrosses it opening weekend.
    Aquaman was very mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Aquaman was very mediocre
    Yeah visually it was cool but I wasn’t blown away but the movie itself was meh...