Page 58 of 207 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

And it will be all Fox fault.
    Fans are sicking tired of give support a almost always disappointing and disrespectful franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Fans are sicking tired of give support a almost always disappointing and disrespectful franchise.
    Then, how do you explain the success of Deadpool?

Fox can and has made successful X-Men movies. Days of Future Past grossed $700 million worldwide and did not have $100 opening weekend. That movie had a lot of momentum because it got great word of mouth. While I thought the theatrical cut was mediocre compared to the Rogue Cut, I can easily see why it succeeded. I think Dark Phoenix could do the same, although I don't deny that it will have an uphill battle, much more so than DOFP.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

While it's sad that DP appears to be heading towards a low opening, that won't make a difference at all on those that do want to see it. I'm looking forward to it and am going to try to get to a Thursday night preview. I have loved most of the X-Men movies, except W: Origins and The Last Stand, even though Apocalypse was decent if not great. Good or bad opinion, people have already made up their minds if they're going to like this or not, for the most part. Not be a hypocrite to that, I think I'm also guilty of deciding I'm going to like this. It would have to be really bad for me to change my mind. Conversely, if people have already decided to be disappointed ,it would have to be levels above DOFP for people to like it. I don't think it's going to be either.

What matters most to me is it's coming out. Hoping for a cancellation of a movie you don't want to see may or may not hurt you, but it does hurt those who do want to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Then, how do you explain the success of Deadpool?

Fox can and has made successful X-Men movies. Days of Future Past grossed $700 million worldwide and did not have $100 opening weekend. That movie had a lot of momentum because it got great word of mouth. While I thought the theatrical cut was mediocre compared to the Rogue Cut, I can easily see why it succeeded. I think Dark Phoenix could do the same, although I don't deny that it will have an uphill battle, much more so than DOFP.
    Deadpool has nothing to do with the X-men movies.
    Actually it mocks the X-movies incongruousness, bad characterizations and confusing chronology, ignore the old characterization of Colossus and mainly, it just was filmed and released after Ryan Reynalds fight for his view and because footage were leaked and the feedback was huge.
    That's the reason its the only thing Disney will keep from the Foxverse.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

You think the small number of comic fans matter to Box Office?
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-16-2019 at 11:38 AM.

Deadpool has nothing to do with the X-men movies.
    Actually it mocks the X-movies incongruousness, bad characterizations and confusing chronology, ignore the old characterization of Colossus and mainly, it just was filmed and released after Ryan Reynalds fight for his view and because footage were leaked and the feedback was huge.
    That's the reason its the only thing Disney will keep from the Foxverse.
    Honestly, I have to agree. Saying that as someone who does enjoy most of the Fox movies in spite of their many flaws, but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Venom fans are a lot less, discerning, and a lot less numerous, than X-fans. And Venom has outgrossed every Fox X-film to date, including the Deadpool ones, so...
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Venom fans are a lot less, discerning, and a lot less numerous, than X-fans. And Venom has outgrossed every Fox X-film to date, including the Deadpool ones, so...
    Venom is a huge part of Spider-Man mythos who most Spider-Man fans like and Spider-man is the biggest superhero ever.

Word-of-mouth marketing is very important.
    And fans are the most excited and most willing to help spread the word.
    I've already been one of those defending X-men movies and trying to convince people to watch them.
    I was very happy when Logan and Deapool showed new directions and DOFP rebooted the franchise.
    But then came Apocalypse that was a disaster and now Dark Phoenix, showing that Fox, Synger, Kinberg and Donner have learned nothing.
    So they don't deserve the characters I love and much less my support.

Venom is a huge part of Spider-Man mythos who most Spider-Man fans like and Spider-man is the biggest superhero ever.
    Venom's film is entirely divorced from Spider-Man, and he, on his own, is nothing compared to the X-Men in terms of pop cultural impact(including comic sales, animated features, video games, etc). Fox has squandered the IP for decades now, whereas Sony was able to elevate Venom to a surprising degree on their second try(SP3's was horrible).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Venom's film is entirely divorced from Spider-Man, and he, on his own, is nothing compared to the X-Men in terms of pop cultural impact(including comic sales, animated features, video games, etc). Fox has squandered the IP for decades now, whereas Sony was able to elevate Venom to a surprising degree on their second try(SP3's was horrible).
    Which pissed off Spider-man fans. There was a lot venom(pun) for that movie from the Spider-fanbase as whole.

Word-of-mouth marketing is very important.
    And fans are the most excited and most willing to help spread the word.
    I've already been one of those defending X-men movies and trying to convince people to watch them.
    I was very happy when Logan and Deapool showed new directions and DOFP rebooted the franchise.
    But then came Apocalypse that was a disaster and now Dark Phoenix, showing that Fox, Synger, Kinberg and Donner have learned nothing.
    So they don't deserve the characters I love and much less my support.
    Problem is fans are a small minority of the general audience who watches these movies. And you think saying “it’s not like the source material” is going to sway people from seeing a film? Why should they care about that?

Okay, imagined if there were plans for a Magneto series set in a universe where the X-Men do not exist and Magneto has no relationship with Charles. How do you think the X-Men fanbase would react to that?
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-16-2019 at 12:50 PM.

Can't wait for Wednesday!