Page 7 of 207 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    General audiences liked X3 though. It seems that most people who complain about that stuff are people who pretend to have read Dark Phoenix and act like they know what they are talking about.

Naw, just saying that it is possible that Disney probably produced that poster.
    I know this is off-topic, but is your username a reference to Halloween?

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I know this is off-topic, but is your username a reference to Halloween?
    Yes.

10char.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Looks good. China has become a more critical market in recent years. It's part of what helped sub-par Transformers movies still turn a profit. X-men clearly has an audience waiting in China and I hope it helps give this movie a boost.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Looks good. China has become a more critical market in recent years. It's part of what helped sub-par Transformers movies still turn a profit. X-men clearly has an audience waiting in China and I hope it helps give this movie a boost.
    Like I said, it’s the third most anticipated foreign film in China.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 02-05-2019 at 03:17 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    This upcoming criticism isn't directed at you, so please don't take it that way.

I just have a problem with people thinking that damn-near every plot point has to be spread out over multiple movies now that Marvel Studios has embraced cinematic decompression.

It is still possible to create compelling characters, relationships and the like and give them a compelling arc in one film. In fact, that's how most movies operate, and the idea that any given character or story beat is "rushed" because it's only being explored in one film is really bothersome to me.

In terms of this plot point specifically, Apocalypse gave me enough to go on: there was the premonition that something was happening with Jean earlier in the film and the display of destructive potential when she destroyed Apocalypse at the end of the film. Yeah, her and Scott could've been brought together a bit more, but I'm hoping that Dark Phoenix shows us how much their relationship means.
    So i just wrote something and when i clicked "reply" it sent me to a page where it said i was "not log in", not a first good impression, cbr. Anyway here i go again:

This. Some people are so used to the way the mcu does things (as if it was some shining example of quality, continuity, consistency, and faithfulness to the source material) that anything that drifts slightly from that formula is "not good", which is of course ridiculous. The amount of made up excuses without substent those people make to say any non-mcu superhero movie is bad is just funny. So far we have no reason to doubt Dark Phoenix is not gonna be good.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    I mentioned this in the old thread...

But its frustrating when some fans complain about certain scenes from X3 (Jean going back to her childhood home, Jean fighting Xavier, and Jean holding back Scott's power) being repeated in Dark Phoenix considering all three of these events are from the source material. They are all important moments in the original story.

And there will be differences from how they were executed in X3 considering Jean doesn't atomize Xavier or Scott this time. lol
    The Last Stand is a good movie too. Not bad, not great, but good.

Was it a problem when Netflix redid Elektra’s death and resurrection which Fox had already covered?

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Was it a problem when Netflix redid Elektra’s death and resurrection which Fox had already covered?
    1. Death and resurrection plots in comics are common.

2. I, personally, wasn't a fan of that. Especially when they killed her second time anyway.(Man, Defenders was lame.)

3. How many people even remember that Elektra(the movie) even exists? I never remember it unless someone points it out. Seriously, if someone told me to list all Marvel movies, I would most likely forget Elektra.

4. If you were referring to my "Jean holds Cyke's powers back" argument, then apples and oranges.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 02-05-2019 at 11:07 PM.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

A (possibly) rhetorical question here in regards to the Dark Phoenix/X3 comparisons: what is the general audience's thoughts about X3? Yeah, it's largely reviled in the fandom, but we, by and large, don't speak for the audience at large.

I'm just curious to know if said audience thinks that DP having superficial similarities* to X3 is a bad thing.

*Based on everything we know outside of the first trailer, the similarities to the two movies do appear to be superficial in nature. Even if they're not, they appear to be overlapping with the source material, which is what the fans want from this movie.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    A (possibly) rhetorical question here in regards to the Dark Phoenix/X3 comparisons: what is the general audience's thoughts about X3? Yeah, it's largely reviled in the fandom, but we, by and large, don't speak for the audience at large.

I'm just curious to know if said audience thinks that DP having superficial similarities* to X3 is a bad thing.

*Based on everything we know outside of the first trailer, the similarities to the two movies do appear to be superficial in nature. Even if they're not, they appear to be overlapping with the source material, which is what the fans want from this movie.
    I wanted full on Shi'Ar, Imperial Guard, and Hellfire Club DP anything less is a fail to me. Seriously what's the point? We got the waterdowned verison of Dark Phoenix with Last Stand.

Second trailer release date.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Pooli3739...49118715084801

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    1. Death and resurrection plots in comics are common.

2. I, personally, wasn't a fan of that. Especially when they killed her second time anyway.(Man, Defenders was lame.)

3. How many people even remember that Elektra(the movie) even exists? I never remember it unless someone points it out. Seriously, if someone told me to list all Marvel movies, I would most likely forget Elektra.

4. If you were referring to my "Jean holds Cyke's powers back" argument, then apples and oranges.
    Her death happened in Daredevil, which is a well remembered movie. Her resurrection happened in her solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I wanted full on Shi'Ar, Imperial Guard, and Hellfire Club DP anything less is a fail to me. Seriously what's the point? We got the waterdowned verison of Dark Phoenix with Last Stand.
    The Last Stand wasn’t even that. It was a loose Gifted adaptation with a few elements of Dark Phoenix.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 02-06-2019 at 07:44 AM.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Then I'm afraid you set yourself up for disappointment, my friend, because these movies have never been 1:1 adaptations of the source material. So why think that this one would?

As long as it successfully carries over the important themes and the like, I'm good.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

The Hellfire Club is gone and the shoehorning Shi’ar into the third act would have been a bad idea.

This could be a three part movie. No way can they fit it all into one movie unless they want to leave a lot of things out.
    First X-Lady

I like the pic they're using.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I like the pic they're using.

Beautiful.