Page 70 of 207 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 3103

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Not true. Worldwide, there are massive tons of people caring for the franchise.
    Of course there is people who cares, but theather just shrugged

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Of course there is people who cares, but theather just shrugged
    I don’t think an audience being quiet as a trailer play is a good way to measure interest. My theater was pretty quiet when Venom played in front of Infinity War.

We’ll just have to wait and see when it comes out. Endgame has been getting such high praise and recognition. Lets see if DP comes close.

I didn't want to say this, but after watching Endgame, all I could think was that Dark Phoenix should have been released in November. Good or bad that was right time for this movie, maybe late Aug. Right now, it feels set up to fail.

Edit: I think Kinberg knew this. I think he made a smaller scale movie, not a summer blockbuster. I think it looks good, but would've worked better in the fall.
    Last edited by MaddieGrey; 04-28-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaddieGrey View Post
    I didn't want to say this, but after watching Endgame, all I could think was that Dark Phoenix should have been released in November. Good or bad that was right time for this movie, maybe late Aug. Right now, it feels set up to fail.

Edit: I think Kinberg knew this. I think he made a smaller scale movie, not a summer blockbuster. I think it looks good, but would've worked better in the fall.
    Wasn’t it supposed to come out in the fall originally?

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Wasn’t it supposed to come out in the fall originally?
    Yes, specifically Nov and it shows in how this movie is shaping itself.

I dunno. Don’t think it could have handle that long of a delay.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-28-2019 at 06:27 PM.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Will an X-Men film fail in comparison to an Avengers film this year? Yes, but they aren't making it to compete against Earth's Mightiest. The FoX-Men have their audience, and as long as they're happy with what they see, nothing else should matter. It's a shame that the posters for Dark Phoenix are of characters who have had so little to say that no one cares. The least they could have done was give the fan service of a Dark Phoenix costume.

Disney will most likely get them right. Not even DC was able to able to get the formula right with the Justice League, until now, kinda.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Will an X-Men film fail in comparison to an Avengers film this year? Yes, but they aren't making it to compete against Earth's Mightiest. The FoX-Men have their audience, and as long as they're happy with what they see, nothing else should matter. It's a shame that the posters for Dark Phoenix are of characters who have had so little to say that no one cares. The least they could have done was give the fan service of a Dark Phoenix costume.

Disney will most likely get them right. Not even DC was able to able to get the formula right with the Justice League, until now, kinda.
    Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Beast, and Quicksilver are characters who have had so little to say after two to three movies?
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-28-2019 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I want to put some perspective on this before I comment and that is even Episode 9 I don't think will do Endgame numbers so Dark Phoenix doesn't have a snowball chance in H E double Hockey Sticks of doing it. But there were reports that tracking was low and Avengers Endgame has been marketed and is the end of an era this chapter the Infinity Saga of the MCU is ending. We all know X-Men are being rebooted in a few years maybe even 5 till we get another. So should Dark Phoenix be marketed as the end of the Fox X-Men era instead of just another X-Men movie? Which let's give credit Fox X-Men started the modern superhero genre and without we wouldn't had gotten the MCU.

P.S. I know Blade came out in 98 and is Marvel's first cinematic hit which I saw on opening night and it doesn't get enough credit but it was a vampire movie not a superhero movie and I doubt many movie goers at the time released it was a comic book character.
    Dark Phoenix's story is culmination of all X-Men films, says director Simon Kinberg

I've always thought that it was Sam Raimi's Spider-Man that really kickstarted the "modern" superhero genre. There are way more similarities MCU has with Spider-Man trilogy than X-Men movies. Costumes, humour, big battles, embracing silliness, mostly tight continuity... And while X-Men(2000) was a successful movie, Spider-Man was shattering box office, it had the biggest opening weekend of that time iirc. And to be honest, all this talk is silly. Superhero movies have been critical and commercial hits for a long time. Since the first Superman movie.

Anyway, I don't think "the culmination of Fox-verse" marketing is going to do any good. Endgame was always meant to be end of an era. Dark Phoenix clearly wasn't. Hell, wasn't Apocalypse meant to end the First Class trilogy and begin the new era of X-Men? Dark Phoenix's main characters journey hasn't even started yet.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Beast, and Quicksilver are characters who have had so little to say after two to three movies?
    There were more people than the ones you mentioned on those posters. Xavier's 17 year story finished in Logan and Magneto's had the best character development. The rest might as well be extras.

dprt.jpg

Wow, that is the longest FoX-Men movie, I think?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

Anyway, I don't think "the culmination of Fox-verse" marketing is going to do any good. Endgame was always meant to be end of an era. Dark Phoenix clearly wasn't. Hell, wasn't Apocalypse meant to end the First Class trilogy and begin the new era of X-Men? Dark Phoenix's main characters journey hasn't even started yet.
    The general public didn’t know who Bryan Singer was until that Queens movie got a Golden Globe. I doubt the general public knows what went on behind the scenes of this film.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    There were more people than the ones you mentioned on those posters. Xavier's 17 year story finished in Logan and Magneto's had the best character development. The rest might as well be extras.
    I know but 4/5 of them are focal characters in this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I know but 4/5 of them are focal characters in this movie.
    Kind of. Quicksilver is clearly just there to do his DoFP scene over and over until the end of time. McAvoy/Fassbender/Lawrence are the main characters. Jean is a plot device, Cyclops even less.