Page 74 of 207 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 3103

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    The X-Men have never fought Phoenix before. Not even joking.
    She was a villain who attacked them twice killing Xavier in one attack and God knows how many cannon fodder characters on Alcatraz. Just because they didn't get in a punch doesn't negate Kinberg already told the Phoenix story and is remaking it now.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    That's not what IMDB says. According to IMDB, it's 2 hours and 41 minutes, which would put it on par with the Rogue Cut of Days of Future Past. And IMDB is usually much more reliable than some tweet.
    Yes, hello, that's me.

That's what we're being told so far and to be fair I believe it. This isn't an Endgame sort of film where more than 80% of the movie is left out in the trailers, we've already seen most of what's going to happen and it just being under 2hrs makes sense in my eyes.

However what I will say is one showing starts at 5:00pm (5:30ish is you count in the advert and trailer times) that will then finish around let's say 7:30pm, however the next showing is at 8:30pm in the same screen, I don't see a reason as to why they've made that long of a gap between showings, but it still wouldn't make sense if it added 45mins and finished at 8:15pm, that's far too short for cleanup
    Last edited by HaydnC95; 04-30-2019 at 07:05 AM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    She was a villain who attacked them twice killing Xavier in one attack and God knows how many cannon fodder characters on Alcatraz. Just because they didn't get in a punch doesn't negate Kinberg already told the Phoenix story and is remaking it now.
    She didn’t attack Wolverine or Storm at the house, all her attention was on Xavier(who wasn’t really killed). None of those canon fodders were X-Men either and Jean never even tried to attack the team in Alcatraz, unless you think destroying the Blackbird counts.

So what if Jean was a villain? Magneto was a villain in all the X-films. Is every X-Men sequel a remake of X1? There is also Stryker who has been a villain four times.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-30-2019 at 08:05 AM.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    Yes, hello, that's me.

That's what we're being told so far and to be fair I believe it. This isn't an Endgame sort of film where more than 80% of the movie is left out in the trailers, we've already seen most of what's going to happen and it just being under 2hrs makes sense in my eyes.

However what I will say is one showing starts at 5:00pm (5:30ish is you count in the advert and trailer times) that will then finish around let's say 7:30pm, however the next showing is at 8:30pm in the same screen, I don't see a reason as to why they've made that long of a gap between showings, but it still wouldn't make sense if it added 45mins and finished at 8:15pm, that's far too short for cleanup
    It's kinda weird to me that this could be that short, if only because it seems like every X-Film after X3 was over 2 hours. I could be wrong there, though.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter to me if it's short: only if it's good. Yeah, I might be complaining for more footage if it's really good (because who doesn't want more of a good thing?) or really choppy, but the potential number alone doesn't give me pause (or excitement: it's just a number).

Kinda curious that they haven't nailed it down, considering that we're a little over a month away from release, but I don't work in the biz. So that could be SOP.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Yes, hello, that's me.

EDIT: I’ve looked again at the times for that day and the showing is at 5:45 not 5:00. Adverts and trailers lasting about 20mins, film will start around 6:05pm and end around 7:59pm. So yeah, just under 2hrs

EDIT: I’ve looked again at the times for that day and the showing is at 5:45 not 5:00. Adverts and trailers lasting about 20mins, film will start around 6:05pm and end around 7:59pm. So yeah, just under 2hrs
    And now it looks like IMDB has been updated accordingly. Still nothing official since the movie hasn't even been rated yet, but if what you say is true, a 2 hour movie looks to be most likely. I tried confirming it on Box Office Mojo, but it hasn't been posted yet for Dark Phoenix, nor has the MPAA rating. Hopefully, we'll get confirmation in the next couple weeks.
    Last edited by MarvelMaster616; 04-30-2019 at 09:21 AM.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    It's kinda weird to me that this could be that short, if only because it seems like every X-Film after X3 was over 2 hours. I could be wrong there, though.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter to me if it's short: only if it's good. Yeah, I might be complaining for more footage if it's really good (because who doesn't want more of a good thing?) or really choppy, but the potential number alone doesn't give me pause (or excitement: it's just a number).

Kinda curious that they haven't nailed it down, considering that we're a little over a month away from release, but I don't work in the biz. So that could be SOP.
    I'm not sure how standard it is. Runtimes aren't revealed until a movie is rated. And even then, they don't always show up in IMBD. If you look Aladdin up on IMDB, there's no run-time yet. But it's there on Box Office Mojo, which has it at a little over two hours. If you look up Toy Story 4 on IMDB, the run time says it's about 90 minutes, but there's nothing on Box Office Mojo yet. It's pretty confusing.

Whatever the case, I think the length of Dark Phoenix doesn't matter as much as the quality. If it manages to be good with a two-hour runtime, I'll be happy. If nothing else, it'll be easier on my bladder.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

And now it looks like IMDB has been updated accordingly. Still nothing official since the movie hasn't even been rated yet, but if what you say is true, a 2 hour movie looks to be most likely. I tried confirming it on Box Office Mojo, but it hasn't been posted yet for Dark Phoenix, nor has the MPAA rating. Hopefully, we'll get confirmation in the next couple weeks.
    Movie is a 12A, didn’t expect anything more tbh

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    She didn’t attack Wolverine or Storm at the house, all her attention was on Xavier(who wasn’t really killed). None of those canon fodders were X-Men either and Jean never even tried to attack the team in Alcatraz, unless you think destroying the Blackbird counts.

So what if Jean was a villain? Magneto was a villain in all the X-films. Is every X-Men sequel a remake of X1? There is also Stryker who has been a villain four times.
    Well then someone needs to send a memo to Horror and Film fans because Evil Dead (2013), Rob Zombie's Halloween, Dawn of the Dead (2004), I Spit on Your Grave (2010), Wicker Man (2006), My Bloody Valentine (2009), Prom Night (2008), Fly (1986), & Thing (1982) all have been called remakes while telling the same story but making massive changes to the details.

Well then someone needs to send a memo to Horror and Film fans because Evil Dead (2013), Rob Zombie's Halloween, Dawn of the Dead (2004), I Spit on Your Grave (2010), Wicker Man (2006), My Bloody Valentine (2009), Prom Night (2008), Fly (1986), & Thing (1982) all have been called remakes while telling the same story but making massive changes to the details.
    The difference is Dark Phoenix is about as similar to The Last Stand as Venom is to Spider-Man 3. Except Jean was even more wasted than Venom since he actually got to fight Spider-Man.

The story X3 was X-Men vs Magneto & The Brotherhood of Mutants(again) over the mutant cure. Magneto even gets more screen time than Jean with all the fights being between X-Men and his brotherhood. A premise that is absent from this movie.

Incredible Member

Are we already comparing Dark Phoenix to X3? Have our expectations fallen so low?

I would've loved to see that cosmic exploration, as well. But the Disney/Fox deal (which I imagine the producers knew was possible before it got announced) made it so they just didn't have time to develop something that deep. Why would they bother beginning this vast, elaborate story if it was likely that Disney would cancel it in favor of rebooting? They only have time for one more movie and it just happens to be a movie that the director himself acknowledges he got wrong. Why not end his run on this franchise by correcting his mistake? That makes sense. It's even admirable, on some levels.

Also, I was among those who wanted a remake of the Phoenix Saga, if only to get the story right in all the ways X3 didn't. So to say nobody asked for it is a bit presumptuous. The trailers alone show that this movie is getting a lot of things right, from taking the X-Men into space to actually focusing on Jean instead of making her a side-plot. I'm genuinely excited about this movie and I think it's a good way for Fox to cap off their run on this franchise.
    People ask for I good adaptation of the Dark Phoenix Saga.
    Everything shown until know is just a remake of X3.
    There's a difference. And it's HUGE.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    People ask for I good adaptation of the Dark Phoenix Saga.
    Everything shown until know is just a remake of X3.
    There's a difference. And it's HUGE.
    Jean wears a coat and that’s enough to call it a remake?
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-30-2019 at 11:50 AM.

BANNED

They are "reimaginings", especially the last two - The Fly and The Thing.