Page 75 of 207 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 3103

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    People ask for I good adaptation of the Dark Phoenix Saga.
    Everything shown until know is just a remake of X3.
    There's a difference. And it's HUGE.
    I still don't get how you say it's "Just a remake of X3."

X3 didn't go into space.

X3 didn't give Cyclops a major role.

X3 didn't make Jean or the Phoenix a secondary plot.

And these are all details from the trailer. The movie isn't out yet and there's plenty of room to differentiate itself more than it already has. I get that people are still cynical after how poorly X3 panned out. Believe me, I'm one of them. But everything I've seen from this movie thus far tells me that this is not the same movie. While improving on X3 is a low bar, it's one this movie is already poised to exceed.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

People ask for I good adaptation of the Dark Phoenix Saga.
    Everything shown until know is just a remake of X3.
    There's a difference. And it's HUGE.
    I mean it includes Magneto and Mystique again seems a little too similar to X3.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I mean it includes Magneto and Mystique again seems a little too similar to X3.
    It also features Nightcrawler and Quicksilver, neither of which was in X3.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    And now it looks like IMDB has been updated accordingly. Still nothing official since the movie hasn't even been rated yet, but if what you say is true, a 2 hour movie looks to be most likely. I tried confirming it on Box Office Mojo, but it hasn't been posted yet for Dark Phoenix, nor has the MPAA rating. Hopefully, we'll get confirmation in the next couple weeks.
    Kinberg said it was 2 hr. Then again Jean was on fire back then so...

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I still don't get how you say it's "Just a remake of X3."

X3 didn't go into space.

X3 didn't give Cyclops a major role.

X3 didn't make Jean or the Phoenix a secondary plot.

And these are all details from the trailer. The movie isn't out yet and there's plenty of room to differentiate itself more than it already has. I get that people are still cynical after how poorly X3 panned out. Believe me, I'm one of them. But everything I've seen from this movie thus far tells me that this is not the same movie. While improving on X3 is a low bar, it's one this movie is already poised to exceed.
    Have you read the leaked script?
    It removes the cure plot and inserts Chastain character, but the struct is very similar.
    Couldn't find the spoiler code, so it's in white:

Xavier hide something from Jean, she discovers the truth in her family's home, looses control kills a important X-men, we have a funeral, while Jean refugees with Magneto, she fights government agents and causes a huge destruction, Magneto realizes he was wrong.

It's so close to X3, and so far from Dark Phoenix Saga.

BANNED

Leaked script or leaked "script?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Leaked script or leaked "script?"
    It matches with the material seeing in the trailers released months later.

If they changed something, it will be the third act, that was officially confirmed reshoted.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

It removes the cure plot and inserts Chastain character, but the struct is very similar.
    Couldn't find the spoiler code, so it's in white:

Xavier hide something from Jean, she discovers the truth in her family's home, looses control kills a important X-men, we have a funeral, while Jean refugees with Magneto, she fights government agents and causes a huge destruction, Magneto realizes he was wrong.

It's so close to X3, and so far from Dark Phoenix Saga.
    A couple of the things you mentioned didn’t really happen in X3:

Jean was shown to be well aware of what Xavier did long before she went to the house. She only freaked out because Xavier tried to recreate the psychic blocks.

https://youtu.be/FoNd6Zxot50?t=1m10s

And Xavier’s “death” was a fake-out so Jean doesn’t really kill anybody at the house.

She never fights government agents or anybody for that matter(one of the film’s problems). She dusts some soliders but it’s not really what you call a fight, it’s like calling Thanos wiping out half the universe a “fight”. Jean causing huge destruction also happened in the original Dark Phoenix, she destroyed a planet remember?

Also talked to someone who was at a private screening of Dark Phoenix back in November who even posted on this thread by the name “Icekid”. Couple of those things don’t happen:

She doesn’t take refugee with Magneto but comes for advise about how to deal with the darkness inside herself since he was about to he himself out of it. This is after she kills Mystique but Mags isn’t aware of it so she isn’t planning on staying there. Magneto doesn’t really do anything wrong.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-30-2019 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    A couple of the things you mentioned didn’t really happen in X3:

Jean was shown to be well aware of what Xavier did long before she went to the house. She only freaked out because Xavier tried to recreate the psychic blocks.

https://youtu.be/FoNd6Zxot50?t=1m10s

And Xavier’s “death” was a fake-out so Jean doesn’t really kill anybody at the house.

She never fights government agents or anybody for that matter(one of the film’s problems). She dusts some soliders but it’s not really what you call a fight, it’s like calling Thanos wiping out half the universe a “fight”. Jean causing huge destruction also happened in the original Dark Phoenix, she destroyed a planet remember?

Also talked to someone who was at a private screening of Dark Phoenix back in November who even posted on this thread by the name “Icekid”. Couple of those things don’t happen:

She doesn’t take refugee with Magneto but comes for advise about how to deal with the darkness inside herself since he was about to he himself out of it. This is after she kills Mystique but Mags isn’t aware of it so she isn’t planning on staying there. Magneto doesn’t really do anything wrong.
    Except his sentiment is 100% correct. This has literally zero in common with the Dark Phoenix Saga outside of of someone named Jean.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Come on, peeps, to the average moviegoer, this totally looks like a semi-remake/correction of The Last Stand.

The only way this can surprise me is if spoilers:
    Jennifer Lawrence
    end of spoilersis resurrected by the Phoenix Force becomes the real host and saves the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The only way this can surprise me is if spoilers:
    Jennifer Lawrence
    end of spoilersis resurrected by the Phoenix Force becomes the real host and saves the universe.
    Considering this is just another movie in the James and Michael's Excellent Adventure series, this would be the most likely outcome.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Except his sentiment is 100% correct. This has literally zero in common with the Dark Phoenix Saga outside of of someone named Jean.
    And Jean bonding with a cosmic entity that eats stars and twists her mind, fights the X-Men, gets manipulated by a group of bad guys, and another group wants her dead because they believe she is too dangerous.

The basic themes are there.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Come on, peeps, to the average moviegoer, this totally looks like a semi-remake/correction of The Last Stand.
    No, to the average moviegoer look like The Umbrella Academy and Jean looks like Scarlet Witch. The Last Stand has pretty much faded from the public consciousness. It was 13 years ago and majority of younger audiences never watched it.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Considering this is just another movie in the James and Michael's Excellent Adventure series, this would be the most likely outcome.
    You will say that no matter what until the movie comes out?

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    And Jean bonding with a cosmic entity that eats stars and twists her mind, fights the X-Men, gets manipulated by a group of bad guys, and another group wants her dead because they believe she is too dangerous.

The basic themes are there.

No, to the average moviegoer look like The Umbrella Academy and Jean looks like Scarlet Witch. The Last Stand has pretty much faded from the public consciousness. It was 13 years ago and majority of younger audiences never watched it.

You will say that no matter what until the movie comes out?
    I don't think it is too much to ask for one of, if not the largest X-Men stories of all-time to be treated with the gravitas it deserves. As those before me have said, the entire Dark Phoenix concept loses all meaning when you have no setup with Jean as Phoenix as a hero. The entire story works because Jean was the most in control of her emotions and powers before things went wrong. Going from shuttle to evil Jean with nothing in between completely misses the entire concept of the story as a whole. The fact that Charles and Erik were not involved in the original story, and are only there because of the success of First Class just adds fuel to the fire. Scott is completely punchable in the trailer, and has zero emotional connection to Jean. Nightcrawler and Quicksilver are there entirely because they had hit scenes in X2 and DofP, not by what they bring to the story or those involved.

Incredible Member

The Dark Phoenix Saga should be approached progressively. There should be some build up so that we could feel empathy for Jean and the X-Men. Sansa Jean has just appeared last movie, we barely know this Jean Grey and she becomes Dark Phoenix. Sorry, but for me, that's not only ridiculous but a little insulting for the people that love these characters. FOX has treated them with such disrespect for me (that's my opinion, you are free not to agree), that's almost insulting.