Page 78 of 207 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 3103
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Also how can you forget that Storm was the one who saved the world in that movie?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Interesting that we are on complete opposite ends on this. I think the X-Men movies rely on the die hard comic fans to know the characters and filling in the gaps that the movies don't bother to cover.

While the Avengers movies do more character developing of the full roster than the X-Men movies, they also have an advantage that the X-Men movies don't. The Avengers films can afford to skimp on character development because they have individual stand alone movies that fleshes out the characters. For those who don't have their own movies, we learn enough about the characters so that we understand their motivations and they feel like whole people. For the X-Men movies, only a select few get any development. The rest are the characters as left as these one dimensional people so when they are thrust into the forefront of a story line, that audience really know them and therefore doesn't care about the story line.

Its funny that you bring up the non comic book audience because my parents in their 60's and the my 3 teenage nephews, none of whom read comics, are all very excited to see most of the Disney Marvel movies. Disney did a good enough job making their characters fun and compelling that these non-comic book readers are excited to see their movies. By contrast, I literally couldn't get them to go see X-Men: Apocalypse with me in the theater. They couldn't care less about the characters or seeing the movie. The X-Men movies failed to create characters compelling enough to get them to want to see them again in the theater.
    But keep in mind your family members don’t represent all movie audiences. XMen Apocalypse did very well in China and I doubt more of these people were comic fans. XMen DOFP brought in 700 million worldwide abs most of those people were probably not die hard comic fans.

Dark Phoenix has recognizable younger actors, I think it will do even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Interesting that we are on complete opposite ends on this. I think the X-Men movies rely on the die hard comic fans to know the characters and filling in the gaps that the movies don't bother to cover.
    Comic sale figures regularly range in the tens of thousands while the ticket sales are in the tens of millions. So comic readers are less than 1% of the movie going audience and I’m only talking about domestic ticket sales, world wide the gap is much huger.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 05-04-2019 at 12:13 AM.

Last edited by juan678; 05-04-2019 at 03:02 AM.

Found this amusing comment on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Around the same length as the animated version.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Found this amusing comment on YouTube.

Around the same length as the animated version.
    Well when my mum saw a Infinity War trailer last year and saw all the heroes together she asked me if Wolverine was going to be in.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Well when my mum saw a Infinity War trailer last year and saw all the heroes together she asked me if Wolverine was going to be in.
    When my mom and my where watching Infinity War last year half way through the movie she turn to me and said "I thought we were watching X-men." I'm not sure why it took so long to realize she wasn't watching an X-men movie. XD
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

Speaking of Infinity War:

spoilers:

Endgame takes place the same year as Days of Future Past and both deal with time travel.
    end of spoilers

Speaking of Infinity War:

spoilers:

Endgame takes place the same year as Days of Future Past and both deal with time travel.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Also due to Endgame we know DOFP is one storyline the MCU will never touch due to Endgame establishing in the MCU you can't change the past
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Also due to Endgame we know DOFP is one storyline the MCU will never touch due to Endgame establishing in the MCU you can't change the past
    end of spoilers
    I also means:

spoilers:
    The Deadpool films will not be retconned into the MCU.
    end of spoilers

I also means:

spoilers:
    The Deadpool films will not be retconned into the MCU.
    end of spoilers
    I never thought he would be just maybe get to use some D List characters they have no use for and allowing him to commentate on the situation like "Feige ignores me like I was on Netflix".

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Disney doesn't need time travel to add deadpool to the mcu. He could be from another universe.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Why would they need to? spoilers:
    Days of Future Past
    end of spoilers was fantastic: one of the best of the genre, to say nothing of the franchise.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Why would they need to? spoilers:
    Days of Future Past
    end of spoilers was fantastic: one of the best of the genre, to say nothing of the franchise.
    It's a classic story worth being re-told. I wholeheartedly agree with your opinion on the film, but that's sort of like saying never make another Batman vs Joker movie because Dark Knight will always be superior.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.