View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

3 9.68%
  • ★ ★ ★ ★

13 41.94%
  • ★ ★ ★

7 22.58%
  • ★ ★

6 19.35%
  • 2 6.45%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cerulean Scarab View Post
    She can do what she wants (within reason, like leaving a little early) and she won’t get fired because it would be more trouble to hire and train a new server.

I’ve witnessed this firsthand and it’s actually really annoying because it’s usually bad employees avoiding getting axed for way too long lol
    Except she won't get paid either...and she's a low wage earner in a big, gentrified city.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I really liked it. I knew Ferdinand would come back to connect with Eirene! If she will be his new love interest, I guess we really won't be seeing Leslie again any time soon.

The Veronica Cale stuff has me excited. I hope Dr. Cyber, Cheetah and Maru are at least mentioned in the next few issues if not making full appearances. I ditched Odyssey fairly quickly, so it's surprising that Nemesis resembles the version there. It might be too early to read too much into it beyond "it's a neat design, might as well use it," sort of like how New 52 Hera showed up in Snyder's JL just because.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The issue was fine, but there is a major tonal shift between this issue and the previous ones. I mean, this is issue #5, right? So a tpb might be capped off with this issue.
    I think it will be in whatever trade the Veronica Cale story is in.
    And the tonal shift isn't that jarring, especially as it's a new story with a new artist. If Wilson is indeed going for a Superhero Sandman thing, the series she was inspired by had such issues, as did Lucifer. Transitional/interlude stories are really the place for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
    Also, I'm scratching my head at Maggie's pronouncement- her boss is short-staffed, so it's okay she's leaving? What?
    Her boss cannot afford to lose a good worker, even if she does something to piss him off. And her shift is almost over anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Except she won't get paid either...and she's a low wage earner in a big, gentrified city.
    But again, she says her shift is almost over. What she'd get paid in that amount of time isn't likely to make much of a difference in her paycheck anyway, sadly. What's a dollar or two gonna get her when she can blow off work a bit early to hang out with a pegasus?

I can not wait for this to be released in trade.
    I followed the first two issues in digital (and liked them)
    But also realized why I stopped reading single issues.
    In the mean time I will amuse myself with the books I have
    and the up coming Jimenez Omnibus and Azzarello Omnibus

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cerulean Scarab View Post
    She can do what she wants (within reason, like leaving a little early) and she won’t get fired because it would be more trouble to hire and train a new server.

I’ve witnessed this firsthand and it’s actually really annoying because it’s usually bad employees avoiding getting axed for way too long lol
    Ah, thanks. That makes sense. And to think I always defended Diana's job at Taco Whiz because of the very same reason- she was always taking off and missing the much rush, but never got fired. Perfect job for a superhero.

I liked it! It was a filler issue for sure but it was an amusing one, and the next arc looks to be focusing on Cale and Nemsis (interesting that they kept the design from the short-lived JMS run).

I thought it was pretty solid - 3.5 stars.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I liked it! It was a filler issue for sure but it was an amusing one, and the next arc looks to be focusing on Cale and Nemsis (interesting that they kept the design from the short-lived JMS run).
    I'm not sure you can call this a filler issue. From the way Wilson has been talking about her run, I'm not sure she is as concerned with plots as she is with themes and exploration. "The Just War" looked at the impact of gods (and superpowers, in both senses of the world) unto human society (in this case a conflict); this issue looked at the impact of human society unto our stranded three mythketeers. I'm not sure that theme is the exact ones that Wilson settled on for her entire arc (that will probably become clearer in time), but I think the three mythketeers are going to be integral to Wilson's exploration, in providing a viewpoint that is more comical, more down-to-earth, and more surreal.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I'm not sure you can call this a filler issue. From the way Wilson has been talking about her run, I'm not sure she is as concerned with plots as she is with themes and exploration. "The Just War" looked at the impact of gods (and superpowers, in both senses of the world) unto human society (in this case a conflict); this issue looked at the impact of human society unto our stranded three mythketeers. I'm not sure that theme is the exact ones that Wilson settled on for her entire arc (that will probably become clearer in time), but I think the three mythketeers are going to be integral to Wilson's exploration, in providing a viewpoint that is more comical, more down-to-earth, and more surreal.
    Pretty sure this is what Gail was doing with the gorillas

Extraordinary Member

So after four issues where Diana seemed preogressively less important, we now get one where she is barely in it at all?

Look, the art is good and the writing of the characters clever. Bit after the last arc I can’t get enthused enough about the sidebar issue to give it more than a two.

At least the variant cover was nice.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    During the JMS story everything that happened to Wonder Woman before the 600 issues was still cannon but hidden behind a veil in the new alternate reality. Rucka gave evidence that this was the case in Rebirth too, with the first issue's self reflection and Diana's talk with the snake in the mental hospital where she saw past versions of herself and alluded to Pre-Flashpoint continuity. I think on some level, deep down, Diana knows of her previous histories and timelines and what we have now is a new reality where pieces of the old insert themselves in new ways, hence Nemesis looking as she did in the Odyssey when so many other gods (as well as Diana herself) have drastically changed, more than once in some instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    To be frank, I didn't think the gorillas were that interesting. Diana had a bunch of white gorillas who all looked and talked the same, and didn't really do much that I could see. So even if Simone did it first, I'd still say that Wilson does it better so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I mean, who would choose talking gorillas in a Wonder Woman comic over creatures of myth?

I really did not like those gorillas.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I mean, who would choose talking gorillas in a Wonder Woman comic over creatures of myth?

I loved those little gorillas. Diana could always use more sci if.

Fantastic Member

Those gorillas were supposed to represent "fun" without being fun themselves.

Extraordinary Member

Me for one, because it helps move Wonder Woman out of her own little world and place her in the wider universe. Diana vs Grodd would be a match up I’d like to see.

These new characters though, are still pretty fun and well written. I would give this issue four stars, if Diana herself were in it more and written as well as ADHD Mr Tumnus.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor