View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

3 9.68%
  • ★ ★ ★ ★

13 41.94%
  • ★ ★ ★

7 22.58%
  • ★ ★

6 19.35%
  • 2 6.45%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I mean, who would choose talking gorillas in a Wonder Woman comic over creatures of myth?

I really did not like those gorillas.
    Same.

They belonged in a Flash book. Diana interacting with other corners of the DCU is fine, but her own corners are fairly diverse already and need more love.

Extraordinary Member

Its okay for these new characters to say that Diana doesn’t really empathithize with them because she is a perfect goddess, but the problem here is she has so little time in the book that she gets no real real right of reply.

Ferdinand was a nice tough, but the time Cale turned up I was feeling bored.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

I enjoyed the issue and thought it was a fun interlude, with the characterization of strangers in a strange land and the politics of them being refugees. (Although aren’t we missing the cranky griffin who was with them in the beginning? What happened to them? Although I guess I can see the other three wanting to hang out with them.)

The subplots of them fitting in and experiencing Patriarch’s World and Diana’s world is kind of fun as street level view of the world. I always liked Ferdinand, so I’m invested in where this possible relationship goes and his take on being a Minotaur in a man’s world.

Nice to see some new characters provide some humor and additional scope and texture to the Wonderverse.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I enjoyed the issue and thought it was a fun interlude...
    From what?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    From what?
    The war in Durovnia, the question of what's going on with the gods, and Diana beginning to search for home.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    The war in Durovnia, the question of what's going on with the gods, and Diana beginning to search for home.
    I don't think you can have an interlude from something that hasn't happened yet.

The fact is, for me the first arc was not that compelling. An interlude from what I read would actually be Wonder Woman being decisive and awesome, but so far the run hasn't delivered for me.

The war... it was very meh for me. Like the kids showing up. They don't get names, and they happen to be the grandchildren of the Prime Minister, who I can't remember having a name either. We never see their parents and after the one issue we don't see them again either. It was all very generic paint by numbers conflict writing for me.

This issue is much better in that regard, but ironically Diana is barely in it.
    Last edited by brettc1; 02-04-2019 at 06:17 AM.

I don't think you can have an interlude from something that hasn't happened yet.
    WonderScott was using the term interlude in a perfectly cromulent way. We have just ended one larger narrative ("The Just War") and get a short narrative that is different in tone and scope to the earlier narrative. We know, via tease at the end of this issue and solicitations, that we will start another larger narrative with the next issue that will have another tone.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

After reading this issue, I felt like I had just read an issue of Captain Carrot & the Zoo Crew. While I'm sure some saw this as a nice change of pace, I found it to be a waste of my time. While better than Simone's talking gorillas, if GWW wanted to write a story about intelligent animals from Diana's world, she should have used Jumpa instead of these 3 new-comers. This story could have been told over 2 pages inside another story that featured Diana in action against one of her villains. After the Ares story having a very anti-climatic ending and now this story, I'm getting a little worried about this title. While it's not offensive or character-desecrating like some previous runs, it's just rather boring so far. Hopefully the Giganta arc turns things around.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    After reading this issue, I felt like I had just read an issue of Captain Carrot & the Zoo Crew. While I'm sure some saw this as a nice change of pace, I found it to be a waste of my time. While better than Simone's talking gorillas, if GWW wanted to write a story about intelligent animals from Diana's world, she should have used Jumpa instead of these 3 new-comers. This story could have been told over 2 pages inside another story that featured Diana in action against one of her villains. After the Ares story having a very anti-climatic ending and now this story, I'm getting a little worried about this title. While it's not offensive or character-desecrating like some previous runs, it's just rather boring so far. Hopefully the Giganta arc turns things around.
    If the first 6 issues are an indication of what gww run will be in terms of approach. Then i am not very optimistic about this run. Like you say it feels anti-climatic. Diana is barely in it and does almost nothing. I think i'm not the only one who think that a title like WW, should move you in a big way. as an epic power adventure. And we don't have that vibe with gww or the previous run. We don't have that vibe outside her title either, she is just there.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    After reading this issue, I felt like I had just read an issue of Captain Carrot & the Zoo Crew.
    This made me laugh out loud ��

This made me laugh out loud ��

Happy to help!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    If the first 6 issues are an indication of what gww run will be in terms of approach. Then i am not very optimistic about this run. Like you say it feels anti-climatic. Diana is barely in it and does almost nothing. I think i'm not the only one who think that a title like WW, should move you in a big way. as an epic power adventure. And we don't have that vibe with gww or the previous run. We don't have that vibe outside her title either, she is just there.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. I'd like to see big, high stakes adventures in this book and this run just hasn't given it to me so far even with the return of what some says is Diana's most powerful and dangerous villain(Ares). I'll admit, I did like GWW's take on Aphrodite but that's about the only really interesting thing to come from this run so far.

I really wasn't too sure about the variant cover at first but it's kinda grown on me :-)

NOV180522_500.jpg

https://allforgeeks.com/variant-cove...ahama-variant/

The fact is, for me the first arc was not that compelling. An interlude from what I read would actually be Wonder Woman being decisive and awesome, but so far the run hasn't delivered for me.

The war... it was very meh for me. Like the kids showing up. They don't get names, and they happen to be the grandchildren of the Prime Minister, who I can't remember having a name either. We never see their parents and after the one issue we don't see them again either. It was all very generic paint by numbers conflict writing for me.

This issue is much better in that regard, but ironically Diana is barely in it.
    I’m confident in my use of interlude and I’m sharing my thoughts on this issue and not the previous issues of the first storyline.