View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

3 9.68%
  • ★ ★ ★ ★

13 41.94%
  • ★ ★ ★

7 22.58%
  • ★ ★

6 19.35%
  • 2 6.45%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    WonderScott was using the term interlude in a perfectly cromulent way. We have just ended one larger narrative ("The Just War") and get a short narrative that is different in tone and scope to the earlier narrative. We know, via tease at the end of this issue and solicitations, that we will start another larger narrative with the next issue that will have another tone.

Bingo!

Thank you.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    WonderScott was using the term interlude in a perfectly cromulent way. We have just ended one larger narrative ("The Just War") and get a short narrative that is different in tone and scope to the earlier narrative. We know, via tease at the end of this issue and solicitations, that we will start another larger narrative with the next issue that will have another tone.
    Leaving aside the grammatisfactory cromulicity of the post, I will aquiesce to the pointification that the narratorium is an interlude from one where Wonder Woman is a progressively less meaningful presence to one where she almost entirely in absentia.

So in the sense that one’s car was lurching along in second gear and now Shifts down to first is an “interlude”, then I suppose I agree.
    Last edited by brettc1; 02-05-2019 at 11:20 PM. Reason: I meant say “less meaningful”
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

You wait 2 weeks and pay 3.59€ for a quick 5-minute read, the last thing you want is an “interlude” so Wilson can make her point about refugees

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    You wait 2 weeks and pay 3.59€ for a quick 5-minute read, the last thing you want is an “interlude” so Wilson can make her point about refugees
    I also wonder if it is the case that when you don't actually write the character of Wonder Woman, people can't get upset about the way you write the character of Wonder Woman
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I also wonder if it is the case that when you don't actually write the character of Wonder Woman, people can't get upset about the way you write the character of Wonder Woman
    That won't work in the long run. gww said she started to get Diana's voice about 8 issues into her run. So we are almost there. Fans are going to be waiting to see what finding her voice means for gww, and will judge her work based on that. Since i no longer have expectations for WW in or outside her title, as she does almost nothing no matter where she is, i guess the blow will hurt far less this time around if this run ends up being another disappointment.