Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Daughters of Liberty Appreciation (2019)

Hopefully it's not too soon for this, but . . .

Possible SPOILERS

for Captain America #7 . . .

(on sale January 30, 2019) . . .

from Captain America #7 (2019)

And from a posting on CBR:
    Spider-Woman Leads Marvel's New Female Superhero Team
    . . . As Captain America #7 comes to a close, a new team of superheroes rises up to come to the aid of Captain America: The Daughters of Liberty.

Following Steve's imprisonment, Sharon Carter, seeing the injustice unfolding in front of her, takes it upon herself to recruit a team of heroes to help Cap out. She travels deep underground until she finds herself in a secret base. There, she summons the Daughters of Liberty, a team comprised of Jessica Drew, Susan Storm, Mockingbird, Echo, Misty Knight, White Tiger and Annabelle Riggs, the human host of Valkyrie.
    While this new team of female superheroes, apparently led by Spider-Woman is new to us, it appears that it may not be new to the Marvel Universe. When Sharon calls forth the team, it's with the Latin phrase "Aeternum filias," which translates to "Eternal Daughters." She continues by saying that their services are needed once more -- and that's when the team teleports in. Though we've never seen them in action, it appears that this team, or some version of it, has been secretly active for an unspecified amount of time.
    How long? Well, given their name, it's possible they've been around for a very, very long time. After all, the name is one steeped in the history of the American Revolution. In the real world, and presumably Marvel's continuity, The Daughters of Liberty were a union of female patriots that first banded in 1765 to protest British taxation, and the name was eventually extended to any woman who fought for American freedom during the war. . .
    To see the full article, https://www.cbr.com/captain-america-...rs-of-liberty/

It should hopefully be interesting to see what happens in the coming months, though.

team book when

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    team book when
    Good question . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    team book when
    Well, I guess maybe the 3rd or 4th time is the charm with an all-female Marvel hero team .

Not that I don't like the roster but with that kind of name it feels like it should be more...I dunno, Captain America-centric in it's roster? Or have more outwardly patriotic membership? Just my two cents.

Wait which White Tiger is this?

How did she "summon" them though? Seems kinda fishy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Wait which White Tiger is this?
    Age-wise it looks like Angela.

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    i laughed. what a weird random collection of heroines. still think it's stupid that Valkyrie has a human host. Jane Foster's done that to death.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 01-30-2019 at 12:52 PM.

would buy this in a HEARTBEAT

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    would buy this in a HEARTBEAT
    same

same but for 10char

I would have enjoyed a mutant or two, but I guess the X-Offices aren't letting them due to what's happening in the X-Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I guess maybe the 3rd or 4th time is the charm with an all-female Marvel hero team .

Not that I don't like the roster but with that kind of name it feels like it should be more...I dunno, Captain America-centric in it's roster? Or have more outwardly patriotic membership? Just my two cents.
    I sort of wish they would try and re-use an existing groups name so that we don't have 5 billion female teams come and go. A-Force or Fearless Defenders or whatever. They should try and keep something existing going rather than trying to re-invent the wheel over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I would have enjoyed a mutant or two, but I guess the X-Offices aren't letting them due to what's happening in the X-Books.
    That's probably it. X-Men are sort of going through something pretty major right now, so they might want to try and avoid using some of them just to avoid confusion. Otheriwse I'll bet Coates would have thrown Storm in there.

Yeah, Sue was out of action until recently, and this team are supposed to have been around behind the scenes for a while, so maybe she replaced a mutant?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Age-wise it looks like Angela.
    It definitely is Angela, yeah, Ava wears a full mask with a ponytail sticking out of the back, so it's easy to tell the two female White Tigers apart.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I sort of wish they would try and re-use an existing groups name so that we don't have 5 billion female teams come and go. A-Force or Fearless Defenders or whatever. They should try and keep something existing going rather than trying to re-invent the wheel over and over again.
    Considering the whole Avengers aren't American thing going on right now, the A-Force brand was not an option here. It is basically a new A-Force team though.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-30-2019 at 01:10 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman