Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I guess maybe the 3rd or 4th time is the charm with an all-female Marvel hero team .

Not that I don't like the roster but with that kind of name it feels like it should be more...I dunno, Captain America-centric in it's roster? Or have more outwardly patriotic membership? Just my two cents.
    Just my two cents but.... I'm under the impression that this team, who, yes, is composed of members who each have differing experiences for what patriotism means for them, was intentional on Coates' part, at least this is how I'm interpreting it. Sort of redefining what patriotism means as a whole - or maybe 'redefining' is the wrong word, more like 'broadening' it - because right now, Steve, himself, has very little faith in his country, it's government (not that he ever does), or it's people (but especially it's government)...

Cap7.jpg
    Cap7(2).jpg

...just have a feeling that these ladies are ultimately going to save more than just his freedom, but maybe restore a bit of his faith, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I sort of wish they would try and re-use an existing groups name so that we don't have 5 billion female teams come and go. A-Force or Fearless Defenders or whatever. They should try and keep something existing going rather than trying to re-invent the wheel over and over again.
    Don't forget about the Lady Liberators .

Yes!! Definitely. Hopefully there's a spin-off soon

*picks up the phone*

"Hey, B-VOORT!"

"Yeah, SNOOP?"

"When ya gonna announce those NEW TEAM BOOKS?"

"Sorry, SNOOP. Can't tell ya! Your HAPPINESS is my trinket!"

"WHOA, that's not epic. Hope we get some ALL-FEMALE teams soon..."
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Another idea of a team was teased in Unstoppable Wasp, it's most likenly not going anywhere and its just a fun idea but it's cool to think about. A team led by Janet and consists of Mockingbird, Angela, Hulkling and more

I love how we're already into the second page of this thread, all based on a single (awesome) panel. I'm so psyched for this team! I've been wanting a lot of these characters to team up for a very long time. (Can you believe that Bobbi and Sharon have never worked together in 616 before, despite the fact that they both worked directly for Fury throughout the 70s?)

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Just my two cents but.... I'm under the impression that this team, who, yes, is composed of members who each have differing experiences for what patriotism means for them, was intentional on Coates' part, at least this is how I'm interpreting it. Sort of redefining what patriotism means as a whole - or maybe 'redefining' is the wrong word, more like 'broadening' it - because right now, Steve, himself, has very little faith in his country, it's government (not that he ever does), or it's people (but especially it's government)...

Cap7.jpg
    Cap7(2).jpg

...just have a feeling that these ladies are ultimately going to save more than just his freedom, but maybe restore a bit of his faith, as well.
    I also think that's part of the reason why these particular characters were chosen, with Valkyrie being an odd addition if this is the case.

I wonder what it means for each of them and I think the team is only missing a mutant perspective.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I love how we're already into the second page of this thread, all based on a single (awesome) panel. I'm so psyched for this team! I've been wanting a lot of these characters to team up for a very long time. (Can you believe that Bobbi and Sharon have never worked together in 616 before, despite the fact that they both worked directly for Fury throughout the 70s?)
    Sue is my favorite character from Marvel and Bobbi is also very high on my list. Seeing them interact would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Age-wise it looks like Angela.
    Actually its pretty difficult to tell them apart from behind and without masks, from my first impression I would say Ava but it could be either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It definitely is Angela, yeah, Ava wears a full mask with a ponytail sticking out of the back, so it's easy to tell the two female White Tigers apart.
    Angela also wears mask, just with not full. Also Avas ponytail is usually hold by her mask, when she takes it off her hair is loose (https://i.imgur.com/LCs5pqm.jpg). She also had cameo in Defenders last year with pretty similar lineup.

Personally I really hope its Ava, I have nothing against Angela but Ava is just so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Another idea of a team was teased in Unstoppable Wasp, it's most likenly not going anywhere and its just a fun idea but it's cool to think about. A team led by Janet and consists of Mockingbird, Angela, Hulkling and more
    Come to think of it, Nadia clearly thinks that Janet no longer has a team since the Uncanny Avengers disbanded. She doesn't seem to be aware of the Agents of Wakanda, which I suppose makes sense since they're also referred to as the latest version of the Secret Avengers. So she was trying to fix things by thinking of who would be available to join a New Avengers team (in actuality, any New Avengers team is likely to be the No Road Home team with a new member or two to replace Vision, who looks likely to die). Hulkling of course was on the last New Avengers team, while Mockingbird was an obvious pick. Nadia likely also doesn't know that Angela is busy with the Asgardians of the Galaxy, and probably guessed she could be a substitute for her former teammate Thor (the female one, who Nadia probably just thinks went missing, since the Avengers, except for Falcon, never knew Jane Foster's identity).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

I think it's brilliant. As is always the case with teams, there are a couple members I'd change up- Hellcat, Colleen Wing and Songbird should 100% be on this crew, and I'm not sure Maya Lopez or Angela del Toro are needed, despite being cool characters in their own right.

Interesting that Sue and Annabelle have time to be apart of this tbh, given their responsibilities to the FF and AotG respectively.

Nonetheless, a few tweaks and I would 100% read this book.
    With Domino coming to a close and Domino Hotshots being a miniseries, maybe some of the girls could transfer over here and Gail Simone could pick up writing duties...

I like the hook of it being a long established team, perhaps even institution.

Theroster isn't that weird. You've got your ex-spies, ex ninjas, ex cops... Valkyrie was on the secret avengers, and I think this is a version of that.

I get the feeling that Sharon's the leader of this team, and okay, it might be wishful thinking. I hope she's an active team member, at any rate, rather than mission control again.

Spectacular Member

Kind of a sweet lineup, and totally didn’t expect them to show up at the end of that issue. Coates is straight killing it on this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i laughed. what a weird random collection of heroines. still think it's stupid that Valkyrie has a human host. Jane Foster's done that to death.
    Where's Valkyrie in this? I didn't see her in the image posted in the OP.

She's the girl in glasses and a coat on the left.