Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Mighty Member

Honestly I'm sick of the Titans either being about the Fab Five or NTT era. Jesus! Let them move on already. But i do have an idea for a pitch:

I'm going to call it Titans South. If there can be a West Coast Avengers and Justice League Detroit, there can definitely be a Titans South. It won't consist of ANY of the Fab Five and Wolfman crew. I like breaking hearts. With Titans South I would focus more on the lesser known guys. The Titans mythology is too big to focus on the same members over and over.

-Titans South would take place throughout the southern region of America (Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, etc)

-The group would be consisted of Hotspot, Mas Y Menos, Zachary Zatara, Bombshell and Solstice.

-It would be a mixture of Justice League International, Runaways, Gravity Falls and Stranger Things involving a group of young adults with extraordinary abilities that go around to these small towns in the deep south to investigate the weirdest activities ever. American southern folklore will play a huge role in Titans South.

-Everyone looks up to the Justice League but who looks up to Nightwing, Arsenal, Donna, etc? I will definitely play around with that. When they were much younger, The Titans were their biggest inspiration which why they all decided to take on the name.

-Of course, other Titans and other DC characters will make appearances but I wouldn't want them to take away too much of the focus from my guys

Titans
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Yeah, that's cute. WB laid down $300 Million for JL, (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just...29?wprov=sfla1). Titans budget is much harder to identify. Until you can show it's comparable, or demonstrate equivalent merchandising incomes, your contention is basically "I see them more often and like them better." Which is not the same thing as ...that's before we talk about eyeballs involved, or (the topic you ignored) merchandising income.

Niche streaming wiil supplant Cinema as measure of importance. Probably pretty soon. But we're not quite there yet.
    Nightwing and Blue Beetle have films in development and they're popular TT characters. I'm willing to bet that the first cinematic TT film will be more successful than the first JL film.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Here's another idea. Not sure if anyone else has dropped something like this yet. Probably, but if so I've forgotten.

Titans Incorporated.

The League usually has a small roster and can only deal with a couple problems at a time, so use the Titans to deal with other problems by using *all* of them, as well as members of Infinity Inc, former Leaguers in their 20's like Firestorm and Vibe. While the League is dealing with a Dominator invasion, Titans Inc can be dealing with flooding in Nepal, the Shaggy Man in Gateway City, a hostage situation in Tokyo, an outbreak of the OMAC virus in Khandaq, etc.

Handle the team the same way the JLU handled its roster. The powerful big guns can be used to tackle threats like War World, the less powerful members for stuff like the Royal Flush Gang.

It keeps the Titans' MO and purpose different enough from the League for them to stand out, it brings in new blood and fresh faces (because reunions dont work no matter how many excuses are made for them!), and it increases the Titans' profile in-universe by making them the heroes most likely to respond to a problem. It fixes the problem DC seems to have with no knowing what to do with Infinity Inc.

Still not what I'd do with them personally, but I suppose its a better option than many that DC have gone with.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This thread is tying itself in knots between why the Titans are or are not League Level. Most of those arguments revolving around story originality and in-story capability depictions.

IMO, it's all moot. The Titans (with the possible exception of Dick Grayson), do not have the merchandising and brand power of their predecessors. As long as that's the case, The Titans aren't being canonically elevated to League Level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Right now, between Teen Titans Go, Young Justice and Titans 2018, they've got better brand power than the Justice League.
    There is the fact that the Titans as a group are strong as a brand, but break it down to its individual members and it's a different story. The JL as a group may be weak right now, but it's members are powerful IPs in their own right.

Currently, Aquaman and Wonder Woman are stronger IPs than any of the of the individual Titans save perhaps Nightwing (with his Batman association). Shazam will likely be joining them soon. The Superman brand has taken a hit but is always around. The Flash has the TV show. They all move merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Nightwing and Blue Beetle have films in development and they're popular TT characters. I'm willing to bet that the first cinematic TT film will be more successful than the first JL film.
    Nightwing's in development hell though, isn't it?

But then, so is the Flash and the damn Trench may be getting a movie, so who the hell even knows anymore.
    And as long as the Titans are good, it wouldn't be hard to perform better than the first JL film. But then, a new JL film that is better put together would probably perform just as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Here's another idea. Not sure if anyone else has dropped something like this yet. Probably, but if so I've forgotten.

Titans Incorporated.

The League usually has a small roster and can only deal with a couple problems at a time, so use the Titans to deal with other problems by using *all* of them, as well as members of Infinity Inc, former Leaguers in their 20's like Firestorm and Vibe. While the League is dealing with a Dominator invasion, Titans Inc can be dealing with flooding in Nepal, the Shaggy Man in Gateway City, a hostage situation in Tokyo, an outbreak of the OMAC virus in Khandaq, etc.

Handle the team the same way the JLU handled its roster. The powerful big guns can be used to tackle threats like War World, the less powerful members for stuff like the Royal Flush Gang.

It keeps the Titans' MO and purpose different enough from the League for them to stand out, it brings in new blood and fresh faces (because reunions dont work no matter how many excuses are made for them!), and it increases the Titans' profile in-universe by making them the heroes most likely to respond to a problem. It fixes the problem DC seems to have with no knowing what to do with Infinity Inc.

Still not what I'd do with them personally, but I suppose its a better option than many that DC have gone with.
    I had a similar idea but it was more like the 50 state initiative from the Avengers.

All-New Member

This thread is tying itself in knots between why the Titans are or are not League Level. Most of those arguments revolving around story originality and in-story capability depictions.

IMO, it's all moot. The Titans (with the possible exception of Dick Grayson), do not have the merchandising and brand power of their predecessors. As long as that's the case, The Titans aren't being canonically elevated to League Level.
    The problems with this point, as I see it from what you say, is that Titans are not elevated as JL level because they are not as popular, however they can't be as popular if they are not elevated as JL level, so we just running out in a circle you can't get out in this case.

However this was proved wrong in the past. The Titans were in a (much) worse position before the 80', when W and P take the charge and propelled them to the top. They not just that left behind the League and Batman and WW and such, but were going head to head with the X-men as the best comicbook heroes around (and kinda saved the DC comics in general).

Its just that after a decade or so, and when Batman brand had get back more on its feet, the DC pushed down or on a side the TT brand and focused more again on Bat and Superman and such, unlike Marvel with the X-men. If DC can handle more than JL and allow the Titans back to their glory status I can see them being at least as popular.

Titans brand (based mostly on the NTT original core) is still one of the most popular around

https://screenrant.com/superhero-tv-...8/2/?view=list

The later kiddie cartoon is in top 15, the original cartoon in top 10 and the live series in top 3 most popular superhero shows of 2018. And the original cartoon is from 2003
    Last edited by darud; 02-12-2019 at 04:52 AM.