Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Have a cast made up of Dick, Wally, Garth, Donna, Roy, Gar, Lilith, Victor, Raven, Starfire, Amal, Karen, Hawk, and Dove (though the last four wouldn’t really be full time members). Basically the classic members from original TT and New TT grown up.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 01-31-2019 at 07:16 PM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

The TITANS find themselves lost on an Earth not their own. With the fate of their Justice League Legacy Mentors unknown, the former sidekicks find themselves the champions on a world where the Age of Heroes went quite differently. Along the way, they encounter the legacy characters of THAT Earth (Infinity Inc)
    TITANS: the Lost Generation.

It gets the Fab 5 out from under the shadow of the League and from stepping on the toes of the newest generation. That generation crunch is what keeps killing any direction the book has taken.
    Hell, I'd even propose shunting the characters over into the Marvel Universe for a 12 issue maxi-series ala Heroes Reborn and see if that is enough to get DC's creative juices primed to reclaim the character. Most of the Titans character are archetypes that Marvel lacks in prominence.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 01-31-2019 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I'd pitch the Titans as a younger contemporary alternative to the JL. Where creatively the goal would not be for the Titans to be better, or even equal, but cooler. They's be that professional team, filled with young player that are fun to watch, and want to prove that they not only belong but that the can contend. My first issue would open with the JL responding to a world crisis only to find the Titans already there handling it. Differently from how the JL would do it but effectively nonetheless. They would use social media as a resource, and other modern aspects of today.

Cast would looks something like this,
    Nightwing - Leader
    Donna Troy - PR head
    Wally West
    Batgirl - Social Media head
    Starfire
    Powergirl
    Raven
    Natasha Irons
    Damian Wayne

And the theme with the character is that they are all looking to prove something at the highest level. It wouldn't necessarily be the same thing for each character, but whatever it is would be their driving force here.
    Which Power Girl? Karen or Tanya?

My pitch would be simple : don't re-do what was already tried. Don't destroy the current Teen Titans team, which is breeming with potential and really likeable.

Other than that, go wild. Either the Fab 5/NTT/New Characters have enough legs to carry the Titans and it's great, or they don't and it's time to let the idea of an adult team of Titans to be dropped.

Astonishing Member

The first step to making the Titans franchise good again is to identify which characters need to be simplified or retooled. Simplify the ones who have become too convoluted and retool the ones who need it.

The second step is to make a conscious decision to NOT rehash old storylines.

The third step is to rely less on Trigon, Deathstroke and Brother Blood. Use some of the other villains and reinvent them if need be.

The fourth step is to choose a roster. With all of the characters, I wouldn't be opposed to having multiple rosters with different leaders and agendas.Personally, I would go wild and use a non traditional roster.

Some random opinions:

Make Donna into Wonder Woman's younger sister. Drop all of the extra convoluted nonsense. It would remove all the extra baggage from her character.

Cyborg's ties to the Titans should be fully restored. Don't demote him from the JL, have him manage a Titans team on the side.

Lilith should act as the team's shrink.

Lightning(Black Lightning's daughter)and Cir El should become members. I feel like both characters have untapped potential.

Controversial opinions:

Terra should be retooled as an antihero. This was one of the few things that the New 52 did RIGHT.I know she was created to be a traitor, but doing things the same way because they worked in the past is what made the franchise bad in the first place.

Harvest should be retooled into a metahuman trafficker/ mad scientist. Drop the time travel angle and all the other nonsense. He was an interesting concept that became needlessly complicated for some bizarre reason.
    Last edited by king81992; 01-31-2019 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Which Power Girl? Karen or Tanya?
    Karen.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The first step to making the Titans franchise good again is to identify which characters need to be simplified or retooled. Simplify the ones who have become too convoluted and retool the ones who need it.

The third step is to rely less on Trigon, Deathstroke and Brother Blood. Use some of the other villains and reinvent them if need be.

The fourth step is to choose a roster. With all of the characters, I wouldn't be opposed to having multiple rosters with different leaders and agendas.Personally, I would go wild and use a non traditional roster.

Some random opinions:

Make Donna into Wonder Woman's younger sister. Drop all of the extra convoluted nonsense. It would remove all the extra baggage from her character.

Cyborg's ties to the Titans should be fully restored. Don't demote him from the JL, have him manage a Titans team on the side.

Lightning(Black Lightning's daughter)and Cir El should become members. I feel like both characters have untapped potential.

Controversial opinions:

Terra should be retooled as an antihero. This was one of the few things that the New 52 did RIGHT.I know she was created to be a traitor, but doing things the same way because they worked in the past is what made the franchise bad in the first place.

Harvest should be retooled into a metahuman trafficker/ mad scientist. Drop the time travel angle and all the other nonsense. He was an interesting concept that became needlessly complicated for some bizarre reason.
    Terra as an anit-hero would be interesting. Or even switching her over to the Outlaws along with Artemis and Biz would be an interesting way to go about things.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Karen.
    This made me laugh out loud for real.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post

Some random opinions:

Controversial opinions:

The Harvest thing isn't controversial. He was a great character design wasted with a convoluted back story and terrible dialogue with a plan that made no sense.

As for Terra, she should stay 6 feet under.

As for everything else I pretty much agree on some level. I don't really want to see Lightning or Cir El but if it was done well I wouldn't complain.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The TITANS find themselves lost on an Earth not their own. With the fate of their Justice League Legacy Mentors unknown, the former sidekicks find themselves the champions on a world where the Age of Heroes went quite differently. Along the way, they encounter the legacy characters of THAT Earth (Infinity Inc)
    TITANS: the Lost Generation.

It gets the Fab 5 out from under the shadow of the League and from stepping on the toes of the newest generation. That generation crunch is what keeps killing any direction the book has taken.
    Hell, I'd even propose shunting the characters over into the Marvel Universe for a 12 issue maxi-series ala Heroes Reborn and see if that is enough to get DC's creative juices primed to reclaim the character. Most of the Titans character are archetypes that Marvel lacks in prominence.
    I had a similar idea, I always liked the idea of the Titans traveling the multiverse or something like that since their own Earth has been so limiting in recent years.

Honestly, I wouldn't do an ongoing. I just don't think its there anymore with this franchise. When a creator pops up with a good idea and a 6-12 issue limited series is born, great, but these characters (when together) have been going through the motions for about three decades now, trying to recapture NTT.

I do think there are quality stories to be told, don't get me wrong. I'm just not optimistic we'll ever consistently see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't do an ongoing. I just don't think its there anymore with this franchise. When a creator pops up with a good idea and a 6-12 issue limited series is born, great, but these characters (when together) have been going through the motions for about three decades now, trying to recapture NTT.

I do think there are quality stories to be told, don't get me wrong. I'm just not optimistic we'll ever consistently see them.
    There's always quality stories to be told.

It’s time they graduated. The first gen was JSA. Then came JLA. Let’s give them something new. Instead of Titans (as so new readers don’t confuse them with TT) we give them a “Justice “ moniker. How about Justice Alliance. We have Nightwing, Donna, Wally, Garth, and Red Arrow (yes, let him graduate to that name again) Then, expand the roster. Beast Boy can be a member. Keep Kyle there. Keep Natasha Irons. That gives you a make up similar to The League. You have a connection to the five major brands ( Dick-Batman, Donna-WW, Wally-Flash, Kyle-GL and Nat-Supes) plus it still gives us the Titans feel of Family

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post
    It’s time they graduated. The first gen was JSA. Then came JLA. Let’s give them something new. Instead of Titans (as so new readers don’t confuse them with TT) we give them a “Justice “ moniker. How about Justice Alliance. We have Nightwing, Donna, Wally, Garth, and Red Arrow (yes, let him graduate to that name again) Then, expand the roster. Beast Boy can be a member. Keep Kyle there. Keep Natasha Irons. That gives you a make up similar to The League. You have a connection to the five major brands ( Dick-Batman, Donna-WW, Wally-Flash, Kyle-GL and Nat-Supes) plus it still gives us the Titans feel of Family
    Now that I think on it, its kind of strange that the only Titans/TT member with a direct connection to Superman was Kon. Frankly, I was disappointed with how Abnett handled Natasha(then again, I was disappointed by his entire run). He barely did anything with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post
    The Titans are a graduation to me.