Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saddest Moments

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Saddest Moments

I’m really interested in this sort of thing. I started a “badass moments” thread a while ago, so now I thought I’d change it around. What are some of the saddest, emotional moments in Marvel history? Anything you can think of, put it in here.

Tissues at the ready.

I’ll start:

I was deeply upset when a few government fascists and Wolverine stormed the X-Men’s utopia island and started throwing their weight around like they owned the joint.
    Thankfully, Cyclops and the gang kicked their asses and utterly humiliated them.

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    I was deeply upset when a few government fascists and Wolverine stormed the X-Men’s utopia island and started throwing their weight around like they owned the joint.
    Thankfully, Cyclops and the gang kicked their asses and utterly humiliated them.
    #Cyclopswasright

Even though I knew it was going to happen in Marvel Tales #98.
    It still tore me up when I read it.
    spiderman-gwen-stacy.jpg

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I’m really interested in this sort of thing. I started a “badass moments” thread a while ago, so now I thought I’d change it around. What are some of the saddest, emotional moments in Marvel history? Anything you can think of, put it in here.

Tissues at the ready.

I’ll start:

Where did this happen?

I dont have a picture of it, but for me it would be the scene where Jonah broke down in tears near the end of "My dinner with Jonah" issue of SSM
    Man, I cried a bit at that scene, poor man had lost everything he ever loved

One of the saddest moments in Marvel history for me will always be when Archangel was turned back into plain, ol' Warren Worthington III
    (but with metallic wings and memory loss ):

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-23-2021 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

For me it was the end of Hickman's Fantastic Four run and the story where Reed goes to the future to see Ben's life and him outliving his family. Him dying of old age and the end of the story where Reed just spends some time with Ben always gets me.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Where did this happen?
    If I'm not mistaken, this happened in Hickman's Fantastic Four after Johnny died.

There's a part in Worlds Most Wanted where Tony's mind is just fading away and Pepper thanks him before his mind fades where he can't remember her thanking him. Then she tells him thank you for everything you've done for me and Happy. Tony waits a bit and then asks her "Who's Happy?". I remember reading that and it felt like a kick in my stomach. My idol was not only losing his greatest asset, but was already so far gone he couldn't remember a man he loved like a brother. I teared up a little bit reading that.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-31-2019 at 02:23 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Where did this happen?
    During Hickmans Fantastic Four, in the “month of mourning” issue after Johnnys supposed death. The Thing has been angry all issue so Hulk and Thor meet up with him so he can get it out of system until he finally breaks down.

This moment from World War Hulk: X-Men where Mercury confronts Hulk: