Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saddest Moments

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I don't remember the exact issue number, but the funeral for the Ultimate Spider-man is definitely number 1 on my list.
    Ultimate Fallout 1
    Man, seeing that little girl hugging Aunt May made me tear a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    You're right in that he was under a lot of emotional stress, and Tony sort of paid for everybody and anybody Hank was mad at at that time, including himself for not having been there. He blamed Tony because it was easier that way, I think. And even Tony himself (from what I got from the issue) felt guilt at what had happened. You could see frames of him looking at Jan's picture in church and bowing his head in shame? guilt? sadness? It's up to the reader to determine for themself at that point. Personally I don't really blame Tony. In hindsight, he was as much a victim, in a way, having been sublty and cleverly manipulated by the Skrulls. The fact that Hank and Tony have been seen working with each other again later on and on apparent good terms is rather heart-warming to me. I can't say things are going to remain that way if ever Hank comes back though...
    Very much in agreement with this. I would love to see Hank and Tony work together again. I miss Hank. Him and Tony worked together in A vs. X and when the Inhumans cloud was changing people into Inhumans. Honestly to me he didn't deserve what happened to him recently and the Avengers should have done more to help him.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Shadowland 5

Last edited by theoneandonly; 01-31-2019 at 11:47 PM.

BANNED

D2D91F34-8ECB-426D-A444-6B5D427E4FEB.jpg

Not the best image for full context, but those that know the story will likely agree.

Iron man annual 8
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Sleep well, Frankie

CWEND.jpg

CWEND02.jpg

In a way this marked a profound change in comics.

Cyclops M-pox.jpg

Ideas never die.

A few Daredevil mentions already and I will add another...

The last issue of the mini Daredevil: Redemption was one of the saddest things I have read in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    CWEND.jpg

CWEND02.jpg

In a way this marked a profound change in comics.
    This was a very sad and profound moment. It really hit me when I read this.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Granny Staples being killed in New Warriors was pretty sad. As well as Firestar's dad being shot.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    The scene that gets me is Ben Reilly out on the roof, mourning a woman he loves and cares for that doesn't even know he exists. Peter makes it very clear that he's not welcome inside the home so he grieves alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    The death of Mariko in Wolverine #57, with Logan having to put her out of her misery after being poisoned.

The death of Aunt May in Amazing Spider-Man #400, i actually cry at the end of it, that's pretty hard to do with me.
    Cosigned, all of you. And yeah, I thought it was rather sad that Peter left Ben to mourn alone while he at least had Mary Jane and Anna Watson to support him as Aunt May passed away in front of them. Even sadder was the part where Peter was arrested for murders committed by another clone of his almost right after that, and despite all the distrust Peter had shown Ben, including being suspicious that Ben might've been a killer all along (because who else was known at the time to have Peter's fingerprints?), Ben still took his place in lockup so Peter could uncover who the real killer was.

I thought that was a genuine act of brotherly love and heroic selflessness on Ben's part, topped only by his self-sacrifice at the end of the Clone Saga, which for me was one of the saddest moments in Spider-Man, what with Ben simply asking Peter as he felt himself fading away (in more ways than one) to tell his daughter about "her Uncle Ben." Compounding that sadness was both of them being unaware at the time that his daughter was already dead, either a stillbirth or otherwise "dealt with" from Norman Osborn's sick and twisted machinations to break Peter's will and spirit. Yeah, the Clone Saga might've been a very mixed bag at best, but for me and I guess a lot of others, it still managed to invoke a lot of genuine sorrow and heartache.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

This one will always stick with me.
    zuncanny_303_4-sized.jpg
    zuncanny_x-men_vol_1_303.jpg

I remember being a kid in the 90s and a big X-Factor fan. Issue 100 when Jamie Madrox dies from the Legacy Virus and the team had no idea. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-vInBs_o-bM...Man+splash.jpg