Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I would like to see him as his mentor too.
    Thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I hope it sticks closer to the DCAU version with Bruce as Terry's mentor, rather than Damian. I mean, this is a movie, meant for a wider general audience, having to explain who Damian is to people (because the vast majority of people watching it will not have read the comics) seems counter-productive. The general audience knows who Batman is, so a movie where someone takes over Batman's mantle should start with the Batman they know. Having it so the mantle was already passed down makes it needlessly complicated. It works fine in comics, but a film should keep it simpler. Bruce and Terry.
    He's been in a few animated movies so far, so he had enough exposure so his inclusion would be fine and passable. Who knew anything about the father of Miles Morales before Into the Spider-Verse?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Thumbs up.

He's been in a few animated movies so far, so he had enough exposure so his inclusion would be fine and passable. Who knew anything about the father of Miles Morales before Into the Spider-Verse?
    DTV animated movies don't have near enough exposure to mainstream audiences for it too work either. The animated films sell more than comics true, but even so at least 90% of the GA for a movie won't know who he is. And nobody needed to know anything about Miles Morales' father for Spider-Verse because his father didn't matter. All they needed to know was who Spider-Man usually is (Peter Parker) and that Miles was taking over the mantle. It's simple. Now if instead of taking the Spider-Man ID hadn't involved Peter at all, but say his alternate universe future daughter May "Mayday" Parker? That would have been confusing. If you want Damian teaching Terry, you have to expose the GA to who Damian is first, and not with a few DTV appearances but on the Big Screen. If between now and Batman Beyond they make a big screen theatrical Batman movie that has Damian as Robin show up in a big way, then you could get away with doing Damian in Beyond, but no in no way should Damian be introduced to general audiences as a grizzled old retired Batman. Do Damian as Robin first, introduce Damian in another film first.

Fantastic Member

While I understand what others have posted about Friedle needed to be replaced eventually, which isn't wrong, I think that - like with Mark Hamill as Joker - it makes sense to continue to use Friedle if he's still interested in and able to do the part, which given he's been consistently involved in DC animation since -

(Zeta Project (Terry), Static Shock (Terry), Teen Titans (Fang), JLU (Kyle & Terry),
    Batman: BatB (Jaime), Green Lantern: TAS (Ragnar), TTG! (Kid Flash), Batman Beyond web short (Terry),
    Batman Unlimited (Dick), Lego DC Comics (Dick), Batman Ninja (Tim)

which represent only a small of the 94 VA credits to his name - I'm fairly sure he'd up for a reprisal if offered.

That said, if they must recast, I'd be fine with YJ's Jesse McCartney, Cameron Bown or Yuri Lowenthal taking over, or even DCOAM's Stuart Allen or Travis Willingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    While I understand what others have posted about Friedle needed to be replaced eventually, which isn't wrong, I think that - like with Mark Hamill as Joker - it makes sense to continue to use Friedle if he's still interested in and able to do the part, which given he's been consistently involved in DC animation since -

(Zeta Project (Terry), Static Shock (Terry), Teen Titans (Fang), JLU (Kyle & Terry),
    Batman: BatB (Jaime), Green Lantern: TAS (Ragnar), TTG! (Kid Flash), Batman Beyond web short (Terry),
    Batman Unlimited (Dick), Lego DC Comics (Dick), Batman Ninja (Tim)

which represent only a small of the 94 VA credits to his name - I'm fairly sure he'd up for a reprisal if offered.

That said, if they must recast, I'd be fine with YJ's Jesse McCartney, Cameron Bown or Yuri Lowenthal taking over, or even DCOAM's Stuart Allen or Travis Willingham.
    I think they won't pick any TV/cartoon VA to voice Terry, but an actor who has some fame to his name, aka minor movie star or at least bigger TV star. Remember, this isn't some 2D DTV they're doing, but a big budget picture, they'll look for a bigger celebrity more than likely. Anyone know of any young~ish Asian American (since apparently they're race bending him) film stars who could do Terry? Maybe someone from Crazy Rich Asians (which I have not seen)?

Also, on the subject of how some people thought Terry looked kind of Asian in the cartoon - while I never once thought Terry looked Asian American, back in the early days of Superman the Animated Series I thought Lex Luthor was a lighter skinned African American, so I get making that kind of mistake watching cartoons.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    Just like how WB kept saying Affleck was staying on as Batman...
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I think it would be cool if Michael Keaton were to voice Bruce Wayne... if they were making it of course.
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label