Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I would imagine yes, it would. Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat, her most recent run, DID use characters from the old pre-Hellcat Patsy Walker comics, so if that series had legacy numbering it would've probably counted them.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think her problem unfortunately is that her name is sort of attached to a franchise that's mostly dead. Being a Defender hasn't meant a whole lot in the past couple decades. And despite this new Defenders book coming out, I honestly doubt it will decades from now.

I think her best best is to either rediscover her Avengers roots, or perhaps carve more of a niche on the street level side of things. Maybe have her become friends with Jessica Jones.
    In spite of the TV show I think Jessica Jones is a bad pairing with the real Patsy. Her relationship with She-Hulk makes sense and I could also seeing getting close to the Scarlet Witch but Jessica Jones ...it be somewhat forced initially.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    In spite of the TV show I think Jessica Jones is a bad pairing with the real Patsy. Her relationship with She-Hulk makes sense and I could also seeing getting close to the Scarlet Witch but Jessica Jones ...it be somewhat forced initially.
    They're both private investigators, so professionally it wouldn't be hard to have them link up. Also, both suffered trauma in the past... poor Patsy committed suicide back in the day. Obviously a very different trauma than Jessica but still, there might be common ground there. Ultimately yes, it might be forced but if they wanted to increase Jessica's super hero friendhsip circle Patsy works.

They're both private investigators, so professionally it wouldn't be hard to have them link up. Also, both suffered trauma in the past... poor Patsy committed suicide back in the day. Obviously a very different trauma than Jessica but still, there might be common ground there. Ultimately yes, it might be forced but if they wanted to increase Jessica's super hero friendhsip circle Patsy works.
    Friendships are built on more than just Career choices. If Marvel was going more for MCU synergy that would be the only reason to have them together.

Hopefully, Hellcat gets used elsewhere. She would only get so far mingling with Jessica Jones long term.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Friendships are built on more than just Career choices. If Marvel was going more for MCU synergy that would be the only reason to have them together.

Hopefully, Hellcat gets used elsewhere. She would only get so far mingling with Jessica Jones long term.
    I agree it needs to be more than that. But its a believable starting point they can build off of. You gotta start somewhere.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

the cat 1.jpg
    Where first I met The Cat!!

And do you think she'd be a great fit and addition to The West Coast Avengers?
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Spectacular Member

i have always had a soft spot for patsy as she appeared in one of the first issues of the avengers (#144) that i ever purchased. Was super excited to see her turn up in Jessica Jones, and even more so to see that they are giving her powers. Super intrigued as to where they will take all that in Season 3, but will know soon enough as there isn't that long to wait until it is released now

Avengers_Vol_1_144.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by maklelin highbain View Post
    i have always had a soft spot for patsy as she appeared in one of the first issues of the avengers (#144) that i ever purchased. Was super excited to see her turn up in Jessica Jones, and even more so to see that they are giving her powers. Super intrigued as to where they will take all that in Season 3, but will know soon enough as there isn't that long to wait until it is released now

Avengers_Vol_1_144.jpg
    Hopefully there WILL be a season 3. Things don't look good for the marvle net flixs shows. But they haven't cancelled Jessica's show yet, so I guess there's hope.

some more comics needed with Patsy. maybe an all ages "Untold Tales of patsy walker" Archie-style stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    the cat 1.jpg

And do you think she'd be a great fit and addition to The West Coast Avengers?
    Well, that is Greer Nelson, The Cat. Different person from Patsy Walker, The Hellcat.

Yeah, that's Tigra. Patsy inherited her old costume when Greer got her current powers.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hopefully there WILL be a season 3. Things don't look good for the marvle net flixs shows. But they haven't cancelled Jessica's show yet, so I guess there's hope.
    Season 3 was already filmed, so it will be happening. I'm pretty sure that's the reason it and Punisher weren't canned yet. Neither show will get another season after that, that's obvious considering the other three are all confirmed to be over.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Jones_(season_3)

They're both private investigators, so professionally it wouldn't be hard to have them link up.
    Not nowadays. Patsy ran a temp agency last we saw (in her last solo book).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-02-2019 at 11:29 AM.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Whah hahahhahaaaa....aaahh....damn. Digifiend and Phoennixx9...you're so right! Braina brain brain gone.
    sigh. It's not me, you know, it's old age.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Whah hahahhahaaaa....aaahh....damn. Digifiend and Phoennixx9...you're so right! Braina brain brain gone.
    sigh. It's not me, you know, it's old age.
    Well, you were right in what you said in that post:

Since that was "The Cat". Just not "Hellcat".

And feel free to check out this thread:
    Tigra (Greer Grant Nelson) Appreciation (2019)
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ciation-(2019)
    where the initial post mentions that issue:
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Greer first appeared in her own self-titled comic book titled...
    The Cat.

from issue #1, cover-dated November 1972,

Spectacular Member

season 3 is made and awaiting release