Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: The Batman

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Matt Reeves "proposed" to composer Michael Giacchino during a concert in London tonight, asking if he would compose "The Batman" for him.

He said "yes!"

Officially from a trade: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...cchino-1248779

This movie is shaping up to be something potentially special. So far, I don't see any wrong moves made.

Looking forward to it, for sure.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Pattinson's Batvoice will be inspired by Willem Dafoe's voice. I prefer voice acting over voice gadget.

Would be nice if they based Dano's Riddler on ZERO YEAR or EARTH ONE

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Pattinson's Batvoice will be inspired by Willem Dafoe's voice. I prefer voice acting over voice gadget.

Would be nice if they based Dano's Riddler on ZERO YEAR or EARTH ONE
    I prefer voice gadget, seems more real (like most people can really disguise their voices that effectively from people who know them, bull), but it's something I just accept as stupid comic book logic.

A voice gadget makes more sense from a realism perspective, but I think it misses the point of an actor having an actual voice and persona for Batman.

Then again, after what Bale did, I think most people probably don't want to try their hand at a Batman voice without some vocal modulation .

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

They could just use Willem Dafoe's voice when Bruce wears the mask
    It always rubbed me the wrong way when Bale said Batman has a beast/animal voice. Kevin Conroy did it so well but times change. Maybe Bruce and Batman can have the same voice. Bruce just would have to be more of a recluse staying out of the gossip papers, avoiding paparazzi, much like Michael Keaton's version. He wouldn't endanger his secret identity and you don't need a gadget or a beast voice. Just a minor gripe. As long as Pattinson speaking with a cowl doesn't distract from the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A voice gadget makes more sense from a realism perspective, but I think it misses the point of an actor having an actual voice and persona for Batman.

Then again, after what Bale did, I think most people probably don't want to try their hand at a Batman voice without some vocal modulation .
    I don't think it misses the point at all - acting isn't all in the voice, there's you know, facial expressions and body movements. Plus just because a voice is distorted mechanically doesn't mean it can't carry emotion. Does it have to sound like we know the actor sounds like?
    And then there's all the Bruce Wayne scenes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    They could just use Willem Dafoe's voice when Bruce wears the mask
    It always rubbed me the wrong way when Bale said Batman has a beast/animal voice. Kevin Conroy did it so well but times change. Maybe Bruce and Batman can have the same voice. Bruce just would have to be more of a recluse staying out of the gossip papers, avoiding paparazzi, much like Michael Keaton's version. He wouldn't endanger his secret identity and you don't need a gadget or a beast voice. Just a minor gripe. As long as Pattinson speaking with a cowl doesn't distract from the movie.
    Disagree on Conroy, he didn't really play Bruce and Batman that differently, and the effort in trying to play them differently diminished and eventually stopped as he went on I feel.
    Still the best Bat-voice ever though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't think it misses the point at all - acting isn't all in the voice, there's you know, facial expressions and body movements. Plus just because a voice is distorted mechanically doesn't mean it can't carry emotion. Does it have to sound like we know the actor sounds like?
    And then there's all the Bruce Wayne scenes as well.
    But we're talking specifically about the voice, though. I'd just rater the actor come up with a voice themselves then modulate it, since it feels like a bit of a "cheat."
    Disagree on Conroy, he didn't really play Bruce and Batman that differently, and the effort in trying to play them differently diminished and eventually stopped as he went on I feel.
    Still the best Bat-voice ever though.
    I think his B:TAS voice for Bruce and Batman were very distinctive from one another. It did become less pronounced over time but Bruce Wayne also became less pronounced over time within the actual DCAU, leading to what he was like in Beyond where he didn't even bother anymore.

But we're talking specifically about the voice, though. I'd just rater the actor come up with a voice themselves then modulate it, since it feels like a bit of a "cheat."

I think his B:TAS voice for Bruce and Batman were very distinctive from one another. It did become less pronounced over time but Bruce Wayne also became less pronounced over time within the actual DCAU, leading to what he was like in Beyond where he didn't even bother anymore.
    Disagree then, I see no reason why to think of it as a cheat. It makes more sense, and could be cool. We're not getting it though, so kudos on having your way, but I can't see how it's cheating. I mean, it's a movie role, whatever is best for the role is good, there's no such thing as cheating.

Disagree on that too, rewatching the series as an adult, yeah Conroy made them kind of distinctive to begin with, but not so much that you wouldn't realize it was the same guy just doing his voice a little bit differently.

Can we get an in media res Batman tale again? Batman and most of his foes have been around "for a while"-- but not 20+ years like BVsS.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Can we get an in media res Batman tale again? Batman and most of his foes have been around "for a while"-- but not 20+ years like BVsS.
    What does in media res mean?

Disagree then, I see no reason why to think of it as a cheat. It makes more sense, and could be cool. We're not getting it though, so kudos on having your way, but I can't see how it's cheating. I mean, it's a movie role, whatever is best for the role is good, there's no such thing as cheating.
    I'm not trying to force my own way, I just prefer a more natural Batman voice.
    Disagree on that too, rewatching the series as an adult, yeah Conroy made them kind of distinctive to begin with, but not so much that you wouldn't realize it was the same guy just doing his voice a little bit differently.
    I don't see it. I mean, it was the same guy doing the voice, but Batman and Bruce Wayne really didn't sound that much alike. Maybe Batman and Batcave Bruce, but that's about it.

I'm not trying to force my own way, I just prefer a more natural Batman voice.

I don't see it. I mean, it was the same guy doing the voice, but Batman and Bruce Wayne really didn't sound that much alike. Maybe Batman and Batcave Bruce, but that's about it.
    I know, just differing opinions. I prefer more effort on establishing the secret identity stuff.

They sounded pretty alike to me, and always did.

What does in media res mean?
    Media res means start in the middle. I think what the OP is saying is he doesn't want another origin story. It'd be kind of cool if he just did batman year one that focused heavily on gordon and selina. I think that would be an intersting take on the character. Make The Batman about the origins of the three of them, they could even add a young harvey dent.

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    Media res means start in the middle. I think what the OP is saying is he doesn't want another origin story. It'd be kind of cool if he just did batman year one that focused heavily on gordon and selina. I think that would be an intersting take on the character. Make The Batman about the origins of the three of them, they could even add a young harvey dent.
    Mahershala Ali playing Gordon ? Or was that a rumor. So much stuff it's hard to keep up