Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 269

Thread: The Batman

  1. #241
    BANNED Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    I'm not. Some of the "rumors" that have been circling this movie is that Reeves is planning a wide brimming "Bat-verse" that may not just be tied to his Batman trilogy. Ala spin offs, etc. from Batgirl or Nightwing's perspectives that can then feature these same characters more than once. If this is the case, then I have no issue with these big names all being introduced in the first movie with clear intent to carry them into other movies.
    Iono didnt Mccaughey talk about how he was open to A MCU movie but he didnt wanna get locked in a long term contract. So iono he might be signed on for one movies and open if he enjoys the experience to come back for more if his schedule allows it. Everybody else I can see signing on long term though. Farell probaky the next most likely to take issue but hes had parts in franchise type stuff before. Though DareDevil was early on and Harry potter he turned into Johnny Depp after one movie lol. Really interesting cast none the less,I'm excited for this.

  2. #242
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Well it belies the expectation that THE BATMAN was going to be a back to basics dark detective story. If it's doing all this set-up for future movies, it isn't going to be that stripped down film noir focused on the Batman. It's going to have all that other business going on--even if it's in the background. I get the feeling it's going to be a bloated picture that's trying to do too many things all in one movie, just like BATMAN V SUPERMAN. And then, of course, it will probably be nearly three hours long yet the nervous WB execs will cut the movie down to about 100 minutes, so it can have more showings, because they'll be scared that this behemoth isn't going to make enough BO for its budget--which it probably won't.
    If the rumors are true that this film will be a Long Halloween-style detective story that takes us through the Bat-verse, then the number of characters actually makes sense.

    This movie definitely looks like its breaking away from the formula of "Batman vs. one or two villains" which has been the standard since the Burton film, and I do think that's one of the most exciting aspects of the film.

  3. #243
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    If the rumors are true that this film will be a Long Halloween-style detective story that takes us through the Bat-verse, then the number of characters actually makes sense.

    This movie definitely looks like its breaking away from the formula of "Batman vs. one or two villains" which has been the standard since the Burton film, and I do think that's one of the most exciting aspects of the film.
    Spider-Man: Homecoming and Black Panther shows how you can seamlessly work in multiple villains into a single movie so hopefully that remains true here.

  4. #244
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,484

    Default

    The thing is THE LONG HALLOWEEN was a l o n g Hallowe'en. It would be better done as an HBO Max limited series. If they have to squeeze that much story into less than three hours, it's not going to be as good. I'm tired of these overstuffed Batman movies where they feature loads of trademark villains and stunt casting. I'm always hoping for a story like "Night of the Stalker"--a basic darknight detective story from the (no-costumed villains) early 1970s, when Batman was routinely called "The Batman."
    I read the news today oh boy

  5. #245
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The thing is THE LONG HALLOWEEN was a l o n g Hallowe'en. It would be better done as an HBO Max limited series. If they have to squeeze that much story into less than three hours, it's not going to be as good. I'm tired of these overstuffed Batman movies where they feature loads of trademark villains and stunt casting. I'm always hoping for a story like "Night of the Stalker"--a basic darknight detective story from the (no-costumed villains) early 1970s, when Batman was routinely called "The Batman."
    Maybe it won't be a self-contained movie?

  6. #246

    Default

    I'm disappointed that Robin won't be included, apparently. But at least he's involved in the Teen Titans show.

    I wonder will the Batmobile look simpler this time, compared to the more complicated recent interpretations. I'd like to see some other vehicles too. And why can't we see the giant penny and dinosaur statue yet?

  7. #247
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    6,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm disappointed that Robin won't be included, apparently. But at least he's involved in the Teen Titans show.

    I wonder will the Batmobile look simpler this time, compared to the more complicated recent interpretations. I'd like to see some other vehicles too. And why can't we see the giant penny and dinosaur statue yet?
    If Supergirl can give us a giant ice statue of Jor-El and Lara in the Fortress of Solitude and even animate Jor-El in one episode you'd think they could give us a giant penny and a T-Rex statue in the Bat Cave by now.

  8. #248
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The thing is THE LONG HALLOWEEN was a l o n g Hallowe'en. It would be better done as an HBO Max limited series. If they have to squeeze that much story into less than three hours, it's not going to be as good. I'm tired of these overstuffed Batman movies where they feature loads of trademark villains and stunt casting. I'm always hoping for a story like "Night of the Stalker"--a basic darknight detective story from the (no-costumed villains) early 1970s, when Batman was routinely called "The Batman."
    From what I understand, its not an adaptation of the story. It simply uses the basic premise of Batman trying to solve a mystery, and in the process we get to see him explore the world of Gotham and meet a bunch of characters.

  9. #249
    Fantastic Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Iono didnt Mccaughey talk about how he was open to A MCU movie but he didnt wanna get locked in a long term contract. So iono he might be signed on for one movies and open if he enjoys the experience to come back for more if his schedule allows it. Everybody else I can see signing on long term though. Farell probaky the next most likely to take issue but hes had parts in franchise type stuff before. Though DareDevil was early on and Harry potter he turned into Johnny Depp after one movie lol. Really interesting cast none the less,I'm excited for this.
    Maybe, but the McCaunoghey casting is still a rumor and one that hasn't been confirmed by any trades.
    I personally don't feel he would fit in with this current cast and hope they take a different route with Dent.

  10. #250
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Maybe, but the McCaunoghey casting is still a rumor and one that hasn't been confirmed by any trades.
    I personally don't feel he would fit in with this current cast and hope they take a different route with Dent.
    The moment he appears people are going to count down to his face getting half-burnt .

  11. #251
    Fantastic Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The moment he appears people are going to count down to his face getting half-burnt .
    It was such an awkward thing to hear being rumored: Matthew McCaunoghey as Harvey Dent?
    Eh… Someone said it best in this thread I think, how is the Texas Lawyer going to come across in a Gotham City? His voice acting range is pretty limited from everything I've seen and heard him in, which is probably no less than 10 films.

    Edit: I think John David Washington was rumored early on but I *think* he declined because he's going to be the new Blade. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I don't feel like using a search engine right now.
    Last edited by Wandering_Wand; 11-11-2019 at 04:40 PM.

  12. #252
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Edit: I think John David Washington was rumored early on but I *think* he declined because he's going to be the new Blade. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I don't feel like using a search engine right now.
    Did he mean be in the new Blade? Because Mahershala Ali is the new Blade.

  13. #253
    Fantastic Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did he mean be in the new Blade? Because Mahershala Ali is the new Blade.
    You're right, I forgot about Ali.
    I must be thinking of some other big name project that he's in talks for.

  14. #254
    BANNED Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    You're right, I forgot about Ali.
    I must be thinking of some other big name project that he's in talks for.
    Hes rumored to be wanted for The Batman but I never saw a role attached to him.

  15. #255
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,850

    Default

    What do you'll make of this?

    https://batman-news.com/2019/11/12/r...in-the-batman/

    So two sources claim that the Batsuit in this film will be blue and grey.

    First up, Thomas Polito chimed in saying, “I’m hearing the Batsuit in Matt Reeves’ Batman will be blue and gray and that we might get a first look next month!” He went on to add, “Haven’t been able to confirm it yet but comes from a reliable source.”
    and

    Polito’s track record has been slightly mixed, so we definitely are taking with a grain of salt, A second report than surfaced from KC Walsh saying, “Take this as a rumor, but we are hearing from a reliable source The Batman’s suit will be a modernized take on the West costume, incorporating Blues and Greys, but no longer yellow, but most importantly I’m told it will feature the white eyes.”
    While I've long hoped to see a blue and grey suit on-screen, I'm not quiet sure if this movie is the right place for it, judging by everything we know about the story and the tone so far. Then again, we don't really know a lot.

    So if this is true, I'm guessing we can expect Pattison's Batman to look something like this:



    Or this:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •