Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: The Batman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I did think it was kind of ridiculous that they were having Batman come off as bulletproof as Superman.

And this is, like, an early years Batman.
    Yeah thing is, it really looks like everyone outside of comics fans think the idea of a Batman who just.....kind of....avoids being shot is even more ludicrous.

And I think there's an association of Spandex Batman with Batman 66, Adam West and a bunch of other things that a Director of a kick-ass Batman franchise wants no part of.

Even Nolan's Batman, who went around throwing those Ninja Smoke Bombs, had to be able to tank bullets to be any use.

But I have to say Reeve's Batman tanking machine gun fire is way less crazy than Snyder's Batman tanking at least one bullet to the cowl and I don't remember anyone complaining about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    But I have to say Reeve's Batman tanking machine gun fire is way less crazy than Snyder's Batman tanking at least one bullet to the cowl and I don't remember anyone complaining about that.
    In their defense, there was a lot of other things to complain about with that film, so it probably just got lost in the shuffle.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

I assumed his cowl was, like, lead-lined metal cowl.

This new Batmobile is quickly becoming one of my all-time, non-comic favorites.

The Bat-shaped manifold and the Bat-shape in the back engine parts ... *chef's kiss*
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah if he’s gonna stand there like a VENGEANCE fueled dope and take machine gun fire he should probably cover up the bottom half of his face.
    Luckily, movies have trained us to know that henchmen are idiots with terrible aim.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Luckily, movies have trained us to know that henchmen are idiots with terrible aim.
    I don't know if anyone has seen "Halloween Kills" but that movie takes bad aiming to ridiculous new heights.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I assumed his cowl was, like, lead-lined metal cowl.
    I thought he just wore a bullet proof cowl.
    I didn't think anything of it
    Last edited by Starrius; 10-18-2021 at 11:51 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

So that's joaquin phoenix who's face they don't show right?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Wouldn't bet on it. Not sure what scene your talking about. The one where Bats is relentlesly beating someone? I'd bet money that's Riddler. Guy he visits in prison is 100% Paul Danos Riddler.

Only thing really bothering me is Pattinsons Teeth with the mask on. Hes got fine Teeth but when that's all you can see of his face they look weird for some reason. Iono stupid thing to complain about but his teeth was bugging me.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 10-19-2021 at 02:41 AM.

No - Joker is set in a different continuity than The Batman.

I don’t think so, but man I hope not

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

Because he didn't no-sell the gun shot. Even the KNIFE wound was sold by Batfleck. C'mon man, stop arguing in bad faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Because he didn't no-sell the gun shot. Even the KNIFE wound was sold by Batfleck. C'mon man, stop arguing in bad faith.
    And it wasn't just that - Batfleck was fast and agile, he was actively trying to avoid getting hit by gunfire, he moved as much like Batman in the comics as possible; Pattinson's Batman isn't dodging and weaving, he's just marching at guys like a tank. Batman is supposed to be a great fighter and athlete, this Batman is letting his suit do all the work. I don't mind a bit of armour, but I want to see mostly skill and agility.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    C'mon yourself.

Bats being able to take shots to the head in ANY form is something that even the comics don't do last time I checked.

But armor no selling machine gun fire is kinda...standard...for the genre. I am assuming that Super Hero movie is a genre by now.

But if peeps are going to insist on being arbitrarily nitpicky, have at it, I guess.

"I don't care what happens to me." Its right there in the trailer. While I don't think he is suicidal, this Batman is definitely reckless. Which is a consistent way to portray an early Batman who hasn't matured enough to realize yet that there is more to it.

Also - on another note - I do like the street level vibe of Penguin's words. Ever since Burgess Meredith, Penguin has been shown as more like a Kingpin type who is sophisticated. This Penguin seems very mobster and I like that. Getting a very Nolan Falcone vibe here.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 10-19-2021 at 12:40 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.