Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: The Batman

Mighty Member

‘The Batman’ Could Lead to Spinoff Movies for Catwoman, Riddler, and Penguin

In Variety’s recent report on the future of WB/DC, they note that contrary to previous rumors, the bulk of The Batman’s plot does not take place in Arkham Asylum. Instead, only a handful of scenes take place at the infamous holding cell for Gotham’s criminally insane. However, the report notes that Warner Bros. and DC hope that if The Batman is a success, it could lead to any of these villains headlining their own spinoff movies.

Hopefully Catwoman gets a good movie this time around. I waited 12 years for a Catwoman movie after Batman Returns and I was so angry and sad with what they put out.

Amazing Member

It's an unstated fact that successful films may spawn spin-offs. So why state it?

There are many, many instances where specifically-stated hoped-for spin-offs seem to shift focus, expectations and attention to such a degree that they never happen. And often never happen because the springboard fails. Focus on the film to hand - not the Jinxes and the Mutts and the Dark Universes. And from that focus, maybe a good film will emerge - and if it does, then talk spin-offs.

.... so what would be the focus of a Riddler or Penguin movie? A heist film? gangs at war? a mystery to solve? Curious.

I hate articles like this. Has there ever been a case when they talk about spin-offs before the main movie even comes out? Sinister Six, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    .... so what would be the focus of a Riddler or Penguin movie? A heist film? gangs at war? a mystery to solve? Curious.
    Catwoman- heist
    Penguin- a gangster film
    Riddler- detective thriller- "Sherlock Holmes as a Psychopath" would be my pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Catwoman- heist
    Penguin- a gangster film
    Riddler- detective thriller- "Sherlock Holmes as a Psychopath" would be my pitch.
    I would love to see the comic book mini-series "Selina's Big Score" adapted into a movie. It probably wouldn't cost that much to make, a lot would just need practical effects rather than expensive CGI.

Catwoman - Selina's Big Score pg53.jpg

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I would love to see the comic book mini-series "Selina's Big Score" adapted into a movie. It probably wouldn't cost that much to make, a lot would just need practical effects rather than expensive CGI.

Catwoman - Selina's Big Score pg53.jpg
    Get Ed Brubaker to write the screenplay

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Get Ed Brubaker to write the screenplay
    Recent issues of Criminal point to that he might not be in any hurry to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Hopefully Catwoman gets a good movie this time around. I waited 12 years for a Catwoman movie after Batman Returns and I was so angry and sad with what they put out.
    Let the dust settle first with The Batman. I do think it will turn out great and may even redefine the superhero genre. The potential for this movie, with what we have seen so far is High. but let WB make that official, then we can start talking about Catwoman spin offs.

I don't think WB is carried away again with spin offs or expanding on a new DCU. A Catwoman film does not need to be a High priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Let the dust settle first with The Batman. I do think it will turn out great and may even redefine the superhero genre. The potential for this movie, with what we have seen so far is High. but let WB make that official, then we can start talking about Catwoman spin offs.

I don't think WB is carried away again with spin offs or expanding on a new DCU. A Catwoman film does not need to be a High priority.
    I am probably a little biased as Catwoman is my favorite comic book character. Have hundreds of comic books with her in them and about two dozen Catwoman action figures. (No Halle Berry ones).
    The main reason I started watching Gotham was because I found out Selina Kyle was going to be in it and Camren Bicondova was sooooo good in it. That is the Catwoman I want in a movie.

Mighty Member

The Batman Working Title Revealed

The Batman enters production under tentative title Vengeance, according to a listing found in Production Weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Perfect title .

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Perfect title .
    I liked Intimidation Game much better
    Rory's First Kiss, Magnus Rex and Vengeance... nope, don't feel it
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 12-09-2019 at 10:52 PM.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Peter Sarsgaard joins cast in an unknown role.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/p...on-1203427877/