Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839

Thread: The Batman

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Batman is definitely marketed towards kids as a franchise and has been since nearly the beginning. Those adults that collect stuff now started as children, too.
    Yes - he's marketed towards kids and adults, but that doesn't mean each and everything Batman is marketed to both at the same time. The Batman movie isn't being marketed to kids, and Batwheels won't be marketed to adults. It's not difficult to do a little due diligence to sort out which is for which. Like people taking their kids to see Joker.

Extraordinary Member

Batman is definitely marketed towards kids as a franchise and has been since nearly the beginning. Those adults that collect stuff now started as children, too.
    Exactly. Perusing the toy isles at Target today, it's pretty clear that there was no way in hell WB weren't also going to market this movie to just about everyone, both adults and children.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 03-03-2022 at 01:46 PM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Yes - he's marketed towards kids and adults, but that doesn't mean each and everything Batman is marketed to both at the same time. The Batman movie isn't being marketed to kids, and Batwheels won't be marketed to adults. It's not difficult to do a little due diligence to sort out which is for which. Like people taking their kids to see Joker.
    I agree. You sum up my thoughts well.

I'm not saying parents can't take kids to watch this. They can. Because some kids can handle the content. But I think most audiences are too accustomed to the idea that a film about a superhero will be suitable for kids. Marvel films, for the most part, are all family friendly affairs.

However, this Batman film really isn't though. Not sure what happened to the kid that left because they never came back.

Astonishing Member

The character, yes. But this film probably shouldn't be geared towards kids.

Remember the last time a Batman film was marketed towards kids and the end film was far from it?

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post

Remember the last time a Batman film was marketed towards kids and the end film was far from it?
    Kids don't make that distinction. They'll see the previews and big their parents about seeing it. It's not so simple as just telling them "No." It's Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post

I think you can make a general audience appealing Batman film (although that would probably get accused of being MCU-lite).

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    True - I blame parents for taking their kids to theaters period. Noisy little things, can't shut up and watch a movie. People don't pay good money to hear kids screaming and joking.

(I kid...mostly)
    Haha this is funny because when I took my kids to The Batman this morning my 14 yr old was grumbling because someone's phone kept going off and my 9 yr old shushed a family near her three times and then moved to the seats behind us she was so p!$$ed that they wouldn't be quiet

Astonishing Member

Kids don't make that distinction. They'll see the previews and big their parents about seeing it. It's not so simple as just telling them "No." It's Batman.
    Kids don't, but parents should.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think you can make a general audience appealing Batman film (although that would probably get accused of being MCU-lite).
    You absolutely could. Given the fact DC are going with a "everything goes" approach, I don't see why they can't. You can have something like this and do a Batman film along the lines of ITSV.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    Haha this is funny because when I took my kids to The Batman this morning my 14 yr old was grumbling because someone's phone kept going off and my 9 yr old shushed a family near her three times and then moved to the seats behind us she was so p!$$ed that they wouldn't be quiet
    I think 8 upwards is okay. But the kid in my case was about 5.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    This is why I make it a point to pick a matinee showing when most folks are at work and a week or two has passed so there's fewer people. If I were rich I'd just buy out a whole screening for myself and family. But I'm not. People who argue that there's something special about the "shared experience" aspect of seeing things in theaters have got to be masochists!