Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: The Batman

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Batman no selling AUTOMATIC gunfire is stupid. Even Batfleck sold a 9mm head shot to the cowel. Still not sold on Pattinson, and probably never will be. Having said all that I thought the trailer was perfectly fine.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Also the cowel is ugly AF tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I was right on the mark as usual about some of the issues with the trailer. Warner studios re-released another trailer today this time in 4K definition, so we can see things more clearly, which is the honest criticism I gave yesterday that the film looks dark dour even a bit bland.

Thank goodness the studio has listened and given us a sharper look. The 4K version has upgraded the cinematography quite a bit. Now things are looking better.

We just got the sharper color grading as ordered. Thanks for the delivery Warner.
    Resolution is not cinematography. The upgraded the resolution, which makes the pictures clearer, but the cinematography, is not changed, nor is the color grading.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Resolution is not cinematography. The upgraded the resolution, which makes the pictures clearer, but the cinematography, is not changed, nor is the color grading.
    dear me, usually this is what I get when I just do a summary of something Now I have to break it down to the basics. I never directly said it was, pure resolution. For all we know the movie could have had good cinematography in the directing room but the trailer's look did not show case that enough. what the 4k has done so far is sort of clear things up a bit more to see actually what the film's cinematography looks or could really be like. Also read my other post, when I said, the film looks like a diamond in the rough. the rough part is eased out more here in 4k.

Additionally please read more on cinematography. the color grading or palette of the film is part of the process. the word cinematography does come from the word photography merged well with how the directors uses cameras, filters and lenses' to get beautiful shot or stills in films. Like what a painting would be if done by an Artist like Leonardo Da Vinci.

watching this trailer, for example, I did not see any perfect still shot that would have looked like a beautiful painting framed well with the camera direction of an object or scenery. I thought the build up to the Riddler cup scene was a potential but now that I see it in 4K more clearly. I think the cup scene looks a lot better to get a perfect still.

sadly, this is not a thread to dive too deep into this stuff. However if you want more on this same issue of another series, please see the story of the game of thrones episode called the long night. an episode some fans later tried to upgrade the cinematography of that episode to make it more tolerable to the sight.

This is after the episode was just a mess both in story, action scenes, directing and cinematography, that the cinematographer himself spoke out and blamed HBO for the mess of the episode been too dark bland and blurred.

'Game of Thrones' Cinematographer Blames HBO for Dark 'Long Night' Episode

I feel like the Game of thrones Batman fan here with the same issue, but the 4K is making this easier and better since it is not making the movie too blurring anymore.
    Last edited by Castle; 10-17-2021 at 05:15 PM.

dear me, usually this is what I get when I just do a summary of something Now I have to break it down to the basics.

The "Basics..." are that you were clearly grumbling about the cinematography -

Hmmmm. What is going on. As a person who has always said I look at everything objectively only and always put my fan boy-girl mind away when it comes to films. This did not impress me much, despite been a big Batman fan and appreciate that DC has far creative option to choose from than marvel, but the trailer was just okay.

Honestly I am bit disappointed actually because my standard for the film is high...very high, but the trailer came off like a Nolan clone movie. From this trailer, I think Snyder's Batman v Superman first trailer was stronger and more distinctive in film style from what Nolan did, to this.

In fact I had to quickly go back and rewatch Batman Begins 2005 trailer and I prefer that trailer to this. There is something very refined and fresh from the batman begins trailer that I did not get with this.

Additionally the cinematography looks kinds of bland. It is dark dour bland compared to the Nolan films that had good cinematography, It is almost the same issue I have with marvel cinematography except marvel is light dour bland. The Batman Cinematography reminds me of that season 8 Games of thrones episode (I think it was called The Long Night) where everything was so dark add blur, you could barely see anything.

I do remember when this film was announced like 3-4 years ago, some fans felt it was just way too soon to do another Batman reboot and that the Nolan films were still new enough to last a life time. Watching this trailer I can now see where some were coming from. Hopefully the actual film will prove them wrong, including myself.
    Which has not changed one bit since yesterday...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Batman no selling AUTOMATIC gunfire is stupid. Even Batfleck sold a 9mm head shot to the cowel. Still not sold on Pattinson, and probably never will be. Having said all that I thought the trailer was perfectly fine.
    I have seen criticism about the gun fire scene, although I don't know what your take here is, However There was a fan, I believe it was on youtube that said, the gunfire scene makes this batman look way too superhuman and he compared this scene to Ben's Batman in BvS.

According to the fan. He said Ben's Batman showed more vulnerability and even signs he was hurting when he was shot in the head compared to the multiple gunshot scene from The Batman trailer, he felt makes Pattinson's Batman look very godlike compared to the past Batmans. To see him get all those gun fire shots and just shrugs it off like it is noting and continues to walk while he takes them all out at the same time.

Well, may be some fans will also be glad we are finally getting the ''Bat-god'' in films, we use to joke about in comics for a long time. how Batman can do anything, with no explanation but because He is Batman.

However in more seriousness, My only guess is The Bat Suit in this film now is more like an Iron Man suit in defence mechanism.
    Last edited by Castle; 10-17-2021 at 05:13 PM.

I have seen criticism about the gun fire scene, although I don't know what your take here is, However There was a fan, I believe it was on youtube that said, the gunfire scene makes this batman look way too superhuman and he compared this scene to Ben's Batman in BvS.

According to the fan. He said Ben's Batman showed more vulnerability and even signs he was hurting when he was shot in the head compared to the multiple gunshot scene from The Batman trailer, he felt makes Pattinson's Batman look very godlike compared to the past Batmans. To see him get all those gun fire shots and just shrugs it off like it is noting and continues to walk while he takes them all out at the same time.
    Yeah that's my issue.

dear me, usually this is what I get when I just do a summary of something Now I have to break it down to the basics. I never directly said it was, pure resolution. For all we know the movie could have had good cinematography in the directing room but the trailer's look did not show case that enough. what the 4k has done so far is sort of clear things up a bit more to see actually what the film's cinematography looks or could really be like. Also read my other post, when I said, the film looks like a diamond in the rough. the rough part is eased out more here in 4k.

Additionally please read more on cinematography. the color grading or palette of the film is part of the process. the word cinematography does come from the word photography merged well with how the directors uses cameras, filters and lenses' to get beautiful shot or stills in films. Like what a painting would be if done by an Artist like Leonardo Da Vinci.

watching this trailer, for example, I did not see any perfect still shot that would have looked like a beautiful painting framed well with the camera direction of an object or scenery. I thought the build up to the Riddler cup scene was a potential but now that I see it in 4K more clearly. I think the cup scene looks a lot better to get a perfect still.

sadly, this is not a thread to dive too deep into this stuff. However if you want more on this same issue of another series, please see the story of the game of thrones episode called the long night. an episode some fans later tried to upgrade the cinematography of that episode to make it more tolerable to the sight.

This is after the episode was just a mess both in story, action scenes, directing and cinematography, that the cinematographer himself spoke out and blamed HBO for the mess of the episode been too dark bland and blurred.

'Game of Thrones' Cinematographer Blames HBO for Dark 'Long Night' Episode

I feel like the Game of thrones Batman fan here with the same issue, but the 4K is making this easier and better since it is not making the movie too blurring anymore.
    Can I just say, that sounds like the very definition of a pretentious director? "I know it wasn't too dark, because I shot it." Yeah, but did you watch it?

And I don't care if HBO's compression added to the problem. The main problem was everything was just too dark.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Can I just say, that sounds like the very definition of a pretentious director? "I know it wasn't too dark, because I shot it." Yeah, but did you watch it?

And I don't care if HBO's compression added to the problem. The main problem was everything was just too dark.
    That episode still pisses me off til this day lol. What a fuckin waste.

Incredible Member

Batman no selling AUTOMATIC gunfire is stupid. Even Batfleck sold a 9mm head shot to the cowel.
    Yeah, this bothered me too. The hype around this (and the trailer seems to suggest) is that it's the most gritty and 'real' Batman yet...but him having Black Panther armor where he can ignore a machine gun at close range totally goes against that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Yeah, this bothered me too. The hype around this (and the trailer seems to suggest) is that it's the most gritty and 'real' Batman yet...but him having Black Panther armor where he can ignore a machine gun at close range totally goes against that.
    I did think it was kind of ridiculous that they were having Batman come off as bulletproof as Superman.

And this is, like, an early years Batman.

Just for once, I'd like to see someone with the guts to take on a 1970s era, big yellow emblem on chest, yellow utility belt, blue cape, tall pointy ears, Neal Adams/Dennis O'Neil style Batman tale where he is actually a detective and doesn't just "darkness punch" and "vengeance" his way out of every problem but uses his brain and Alfred instead.

But since that is apparently never going to happen, I guess I'll accept grimdark again for the 110,056th time.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Just for once, I'd like to see someone with the guts to take on a 1970s era, big yellow emblem on chest, yellow utility belt, blue cape, tall pointy ears, Neal Adams/Dennis O'Neil style Batman tale where he is actually a detective and doesn't just "darkness punch" and "vengeance" his way out of every problem but uses his brain and Alfred instead.

But since that is apparently never going to happen, I guess I'll accept grimdark again for the 110,056th time.
    That is the odd part...

While I'm not so sure that I get that feeling from the very little bit that has been revealed so far?

I swear that "Noir Detective Story..." has actually come up.

Not exactly the "Seventies..." detective sort of thing, but a shade of detective anyway.

Yeah if he’s gonna stand there like a VENGEANCE fueled dope and take machine gun fire he should probably cover up the bottom half of his face.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah if he’s gonna stand there like a VENGEANCE fueled dope and take machine gun fire he should probably cover up the bottom half of his face.
    I actually laughed out loud at that.

But its so true, he should be fully covered face included.

Too much risk of damage from possible ricochets to actual bullets hitting his face.