Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: The Batman

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Wasnt Joe Magninellos Deathstroke back when this was an Afflek movie suppose to be in it?

Anyway I'm still all good with Pattinson hope that pans out because Hoult is just an awful idea. Hes a good actor but not a alpha Male type. Having seen Pattinson In Good time and knowing hes starring in Christopher's nolan's next big movie. Hes a star on the rise and it makes sense. Hault a solid actor but iono if hes a leading man or an alpha Male. Or as Kevin Smith calls him "The about a boy, boy?". So yes I'm 100% down with Pattinson. People making fun of the casting probaly havern seen stuff hes done post Twilight. But Good Time was one the better movies to come out the last couple years and by the time Batman comes out Pattinson will head been the lead in a Nolan film. So I'm down. Bale came across as weasley and slimey to me as Bruce. Pattinson I know atleast can play the charming lead. Bales more of the morph into some form of a degenerate type actor. Never bought him as Bruce.
    Wait, you think Pattinson is a Alpha male?

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    There's so many… And it makes me so angry the Batman movies keep rehashing the same villains.
    They don't really joker Catwoman and bane that's it and I really wouldn't count Catwoman or bane Catwoman wasn't really a villan in TDKR and bane was such a Miner part in BaR.

His beast with the make up is meh not that scary.
    Is best sopost to look scary?

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Wasnt Joe Magninellos Deathstroke back when this was an Afflek movie suppose to be in it?

Anyway I'm still all good with Pattinson hope that pans out because Hoult is just an awful idea. Hes a good actor but not a alpha Male type. Having seen Pattinson In Good time and knowing hes starring in Christopher's nolan's next big movie. Hes a star on the rise and it makes sense. Hault a solid actor but iono if hes a leading man or an alpha Male. Or as Kevin Smith calls him "The about a boy, boy?". So yes I'm 100% down with Pattinson. People making fun of the casting probaly havern seen stuff hes done post Twilight. But Good Time was one the better movies to come out the last couple years and by the time Batman comes out Pattinson will head been the lead in a Nolan film. So I'm down. Bale came across as weasley and slimey to me as Bruce. Pattinson I know atleast can play the charming lead. Bales more of the morph into some form of a degenerate type actor. Never bought him as Bruce.
    Yes, Affleck's initial script was apparently Deathstroke-centric from a villain perspective. That's another reason why he also cameo'd in the post-credits scene with Lex in Justice League.
    Chalk it up as another actor more than willing to play as the character (Joe) and who shows excitement for it where the studio just won't green light the character any further.

I'm actually quite fine with Pattinson (will be officially known as Robert Battinson). I was one who hated the Affleck casting (and came around to become a huge fan) and I honestly haven't had a front runner in my mind since Affleck left. Everyone so far but Clooney pulled off a fairly respectable take on Bruce/Bats.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    They don't really joker Catwoman and bane that's it and I really wouldn't count Catwoman or bane Catwoman wasn't really a villan in TDKR and bane was such a Miner part in BaR.
    Catwoman, Joker, Bane, Two-Face all have multiple live action roles.

Ivy, Freeze, Riddler, Scarecrow, Penguin, the al-Ghul's, have all had one, but I think Riddler and Freeze deserve second looks before Penguin and Ivy.

I might be missing some, I'm doing this from the top of my head.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post

I want a detective Batman up against The Riddler. That's all I've wanted for a long time.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I was over on another site talking about the whole Pattison/Hoult thing and someone came up with a great idea. Have Hoult play the Riddler. Once I heard that I was like that is a fantastic idea. Hoult would be a great Riddler.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I was over on another site talking about the whole Pattison/Hoult thing and someone came up with a great idea. Have Hoult play the Riddler. Once I heard that I was like that is a fantastic idea. Hoult would be a great Riddler.
    He reminds me too much of Gotham's Riddler, it will look awkward to me because of that.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Sebastian Stan would be my choice for playing Batman but I trust in Reeves. It would be neat to have Penguin appear throughout the next trilogy like Nolan' s Scarecrow did but I really don't want Catwoman and Penguin as main villains (again)
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 05-19-2019 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Wait, you think Pattinson is a Alpha male?
    Compared to Hoult? God yes.

I've thought for a while that Pattinson would make a good Joker, looks wise at least, so bit surprised to see him as the frontrunner for the Batman role, but I'd be interested to see how he does. I have no real frame of reference in terms of his acting. I didn't need to see a second of the Twilight films to know they weren't for me, and I don't think I've seen him in anything else. I plan to rectify that by giving Good Time a watch since everyone seems to be pointing that one out as a good example of his acting ability.

Regardless, I'm happy to give him a chance. There's a long, sad history of actors being written off by fanboys only to end up actually killing it in the role, so I don't see the point in bitching about it until we have a final product to view.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Ozman79 View Post
    I've thought for a while that Pattinson would make a good Joker, looks wise at least, so bit surprised to see him as the frontrunner for the Batman role, but I'd be interested to see how he does. I have no real frame of reference in terms of his acting. I didn't need to see a second of the Twilight films to know they weren't for me, and I don't think I've seen him in anything else. I plan to rectify that by giving Good Time a watch since everyone seems to be pointing that one out as a good example of his acting ability.

Regardless, I'm happy to give him a chance. There's a long, sad history of actors being written off by fanboys only to end up actually killing it in the role, so I don't see the point in bitching about it until we have a final product to view.
    They went ballistic when "Mr. Mom" Micheal Keaton was cast as Batman. Turns out he was one of the best Batmans ever. The reaction to Pattinson is mild by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    They went ballistic when "Mr. Mom" Micheal Keaton was cast as Batman. Turns out he was one of the best Batmans ever. The reaction to Pattinson is mild by comparison.
    Indeed. People need to give the poor guy a break. Looking at his filmography, it seems like he's done a bunch of diverse films since the last Twilight film (7 years ago), and yet people still appear to be judging him on that series alone. Ridiculously narrow-minded.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

Hoult might be a good Hush.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I want a detective Batman up against The Riddler. That's all I've wanted for a long time.
    I have said for a long time they could get really interesting with Riddler if they took him more seriously and maybe made him something along the lines of Kevin Spacey's villain in Seven. Always staying one step ahead of everyone. Setting up some seriously dark crimes and maybe he's got a "theme" he's following ,etc.