Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: The Batman

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Any chance this footage will be made public soon-ish?
    Probably at FanDome.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably at FanDome.
    So a month and change then. I'll try to be patient...

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

‘The Batman’: Robert Pattinson Teases DC FanDome ‘Surprises’ With Zoë Kravitz’s Catwoman.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/r...tz-1235077584/

Incredible Member

Yeah, that looks like Gotham .

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    @Matt Reeves, many people trust you and see your body of film work of quality. Please do us proud with this film.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Making it sound very threatening .

BANNED

Trailer is okay. that is two okay trailers for DC today and it does not make me feel good.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post

Trailer is okay. that is two okay trailers for DC today and it does not make me feel good.
    So:

- Riddler gets caught eventually but that's not over? And they call him Riddler. And he did a question mark in his coffee because of course.

- Colin Farrel's Penguin sounds like he's using a Danny Devito accent.

- "Sins of my father" Thomas Wayne is corrupt, maybe?

- Selina and Batman's relationship looks to be par the course, in a good way...although she has like 3 different hairstyles that I'm not sure which is a wig and which isn't (aside from the red one)

- Andy Serkis looks like Alfred .

- The Bat-Signal .

- That Batmobile scene .

BANNED

Hmmmm. What is going on. As a person who has always said I look at everything objectively only and always put my fan boy-girl mind away when it comes to films. This did not impress me much, despite been a big Batman fan and appreciate that DC has far creative option to choose from than marvel, but the trailer was just okay.

Honestly I am bit disappointed actually because my standard for the film is high...very high, but the trailer came off like a Nolan clone movie. From this trailer, I think Snyder's Batman v Superman first trailer was stronger and more distinctive in film style from what Nolan did, to this.

In fact I had to quickly go back and rewatch Batman Begins 2005 trailer and I prefer that trailer to this. There is something very refined and fresh from the batman begins trailer that I did not get with this.

Additionally the cinematography looks kinds of bland. It is dark dour bland compared to the Nolan films that had good cinematography, It is almost the same issue I have with marvel cinematography except marvel is light dour bland. The Batman Cinematography reminds me of that season 8 Games of thrones episode (I think it was called The Long Night) where everything was so dark add blur, you could barely see anything.

I do remember when this film was announced like 3-4 years ago, some fans felt it was just way too soon to do another Batman reboot and that the Nolan films were still new enough to last a life time. Watching this trailer I can now see where some were coming from. Hopefully the actual film will prove them wrong, including myself.
    Last edited by Castle; 10-16-2021 at 02:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Really liked the score for the trailer, and the costume looks good and I like the street level feel of it. If the Impostor comic is anything to go by the story will be fantastic so here's hoping.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Ultimate Member

This looks quite different to the other Batman movies we've gotten.

It looks much darker than the previous ones (it almost gives off a horror vibe which is good). The trailer doesn't really hint too much at the plot which is a good thing but it looks much more gritty and more violent than the previous movies. I hope the fight choreography here is better than the Nolan movies because those films fights were pretty terrible. I also love the slowed down Nirvana song used in the trailers.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of emo looking Bruce Wayne but since it's based on a "Year Two" Batman, then that could be overlooked.

This is probably the tankiest Batman ever seeing how he's straight walking through machine gun fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It looks much darker than the previous ones (it almost gives off a horror vibe which is good). The trailer doesn't really hint too much at the plot which is a good thing but it looks much more gritty and more violent than the previous movies. I hope the fight choreography here is better than the Nolan movies because those films fights were pretty terrible. I also love the slowed down Nirvana song used in the trailers.

This is probably the tankiest Batman ever seeing how he's straight walking through machine gun fire.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the fight choreography in the Nolan films was terrible. I understand it was a more realistic take, and that both Nolan and Bale wanted a fighting style that would be used to fight multiple opponents at once. And maybe that style would do that. But it sucked cinematically.

Say what you want about Snyder's Batman, but his fights felt like it came right out of the comic book (except for, you know, the whole killing people part

When Batman was straight walking down the hall while getting hit with multiple rounds from machine guns and not flinching, it really made me think of Deathstroke on Arrow. He must buy his armor from the same person.

Visuals are stunning, I love RPatz, Paul Dano is great, Colin Farrel is great, Zoe kravitz is great, Gotham looks awesome. But I’m still not excited for it. I think there are elements that need to be nixed from the Batman franchise in media for me to find it new and interesting again. I’ll definitely watch though, and I’m sure it will be good