Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: The Batman

Riddler, Mad Hatter, and a proper Mr Freeze are some of the villians I'd like to see. Bane done faithfully for a sequel

I'm generally not a fan of when there is more than one villain in a Batman movie, and Penguin and Catwoman together made for Batman Returns -- the most boring of the Batman movies, in my opinion.

I wouldn't mind seeing Riddler by himself if they really made him a threat and engaged in a tense battle of wits with Batman with the lives of Gotham at stake.

I definitely want to see the more grounded take on Batman that we had in the Dark Knight, and yes, in BvS. I don't want a return to the 90s style Batman -- not Joel Schumacher, but not Tim Burton either.

But I'd be surprised if that's what Matt Reeves has in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    Maybe they'll go Long Halloween or Arkham Asylum and include all the villains that way. In the story, but not the focus of the story.
    Reeves has said he wants to in for more of a Noir detective story, so I wouldn't be surprised if all the villains are framed as suspects in whatever case Batman is trying to solve throughout the movie.

I think he's also cited Long Halloween as one of his favorite Batman stories.

I'm just curious how they might work Robin in. Bruce Wayne takes in a kid over the course of the movie? Batman already has Robin? Or like that one Elseworlds where Dick was a private detective?

BANNED

I'd just like to see a Batman without armor and high tech in his suit...like a stylized Iron Man. I imagine that between the movies and the games of the last 30 years, there are many people who would be surprised that Batman generally wears a costume that is substantially indistinguishable from the Adam West series.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I'd just like to see a Batman without armor and high tech in his suit...like a stylized Iron Man. I imagine that between the movies and the games of the last 30 years, there are many people who would be surprised that Batman generally wears a costume that is substantially indistinguishable from the Adam West series.
    I'm expecting Pattinson will probably get a leaner version of Affleck's suit which was more or less just typical spandex aside from the armor he used against Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm expecting Pattinson will probably get a leaner version of Affleck's suit which was more or less just typical spandex aside from the armor he used against Superman.
    Yup I loved that costume minus the ridiculous amount of muscle padding. Basic and simple made from some bullet proof mesh. No armor. Have all the gadgets be physical tools and not built into some hulking suit.

Astonishing Member

I really want these next batch of films to bypass the more Iconic villlains in favour of those yet to be adapted. Do we really need another go a round for Bane, Joker, or Two-Face? (And I say that with the latter being one of my favourite Batman villains.)

I wouldn't mind if they do Riddler. If they do, I want him to engage Batman in a true cat and mouse game. Batman is regarded as the world's greatest detective. But I have yet to see that portrayed on the big screen. Hugo Strange wouldn't be bad either. Because he was reduced to nothing more than Dr Frankenstein in Gotham. That dude should be a Hannibal Lecter level threat. My other favoured candidates include - Court Of Owls, Hush, Ventriloquist and Scarface, and Black Mask. Lock-Up is an obscure one, but he wouldn't be bad either.

Ultimate Member

Riddler would be perfect for a more noir-ish detective story like the one Reeves apparently wants to make. Also perhaps if Black Mask survives the BOP film, him to as well.

I could live with Catwoman as well because, well I just really like her. And I feel like they've still not fully gotten her dynamic with Batman down right on film yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I really want these next batch of films to bypass the more Iconic villlains in favour of those yet to be adapted. Do we really need another go a round for Bane, Joker, or Two-Face? (And I say that with the latter being one of my favourite Batman villains.)

I wouldn't mind if they do Riddler. If they do, I want him to engage Batman in a true cat and mouse game. Batman is regarded as the world's greatest detective. But I have yet to see that portrayed on the big screen. Hugo Strange wouldn't be bad either. Because he was reduced to nothing more than Dr Frankenstein in Gotham. That dude should be a Hannibal Lecter level threat. My other favoured candidates include - Court Of Owls, Hush, Ventriloquist and Scarface, and Black Mask. Lock-Up is an obscure one, but he wouldn't be bad either.
    Joker sure skip that.but Bane we havent gotten him yet. We got a cartoon of a character who was poison Ivys bitch. and Then we got basically an original character with a weird ass voice they called Bane who was Talias Bitch. Bane should be behind the event of Tha Batman, then be the bad guy in the sequel.

If they do like Arkham style movie where the the villians take over Arkham and batmans gotta go in. Reveal at the End that Bane planned the event to help him study Batman. Then in the Sequel Banes just one step ahead or Batman the whole movie untill you get a Sherlock type reveal at the end that Batmans been on to him from the Beginning and everything that's happened as been part of Batmans plan. A good writer can do something cool with all the Mental chess between the two.

Now if they just wanna make one movie for now and not set up a sequel then just do all that but with Riddler. Riddlers always two steps ahead of Batman untill again at the end you get a Sherlock Homes style reveal that Batman been playing him from the Jump. Either way I wanna see Bruce flex that big brain of his. Hes never seemed dumb in any if the movies but honestly I never felt like he was the smartest guy in the room in any those movies either.

Astonishing Member

Yeah...probably something more akin to the Year One suit.

I don't think something like this would be a bad idea either.

Of course, if they want to really go old-school, I wouldn't mind this suit being done in a more serious noir-ish way...

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Yeah...probably something more akin to the Year One suit.
    I could see a Year One suit without the trunks.

Or maybe something like this:

And lot's of GLITTER!
    Hail Hydra!

I could see a Year One suit without the trunks.

Or maybe something like this:

The Batman Who Has Rickets.

So, voice scrambler thing, or throat cancer voice?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    So, voice scrambler thing, or throat cancer voice?
    Voice scrambler unless he can do a good Batman voice naturally. Bale could not, Afflek could but they still distorted it.