Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: The Batman

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Mahershala Ali playing Gordon ? Or was that a rumor. So much stuff it's hard to keep up
    I think the only consistent element to the Gordon casting is they're looking for an African-American to play him.

Mahershala Ali playing Gordon ? Or was that a rumor. So much stuff it's hard to keep up
    IMBd lists Jeffrey Wright as Commissioner Gordon.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Every time I glance at the thread title my mind immediately goes to THE BATMAN cartoon from the early 2000s. Fresh on my mind because I've been re-watching it lately.

Gotta say, I would not mind if the film took some inspiration from the cartoon. Younger, less experienced Bruce. A capable fighter but can still get taken out by a wild punch or kick. Focused but not obsessive and enjoys social interaction.

Also, some of the concepts on the show were really inspired, like the Hugo Strange zombie attack episode.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Every time I glance at the thread title my mind immediately goes to THE BATMAN cartoon from the early 2000s. Fresh on my mind because I've been re-watching it lately.

Gotta say, I would not mind if the film took some inspiration from the cartoon. Younger, less experienced Bruce. A capable fighter but can still get taken out by a wild punch or kick. Focused but not obsessive and enjoys social interaction.

Also, some of the concepts on the show were really inspired, like the Hugo Strange zombie attack episode.
    I had a fondness for that cartoon as well .

I wouldn't bat an eye to Penguin having Kabuki Twin bodyguards .

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I had a fondness for that cartoon as well .

I wouldn't bat an eye to Penguin having Kabuki Twin bodyguards .
    Oh, man, Penguin and his bodyguards were the best, and I think he showed up in more eps than any other villain. Voiced by SpongeBob SquarePants, no less!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Refused to watch the cartoon because the animation was so bad compared to BTAS which aged a lot better. Now it sounds interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    IMBd lists Jeffrey Wright as Commissioner Gordon.
    You know what I do think I remember that annoucement. I'm good with that. So now hes Uatu and Gordon

I think the only consistent element to the Gordon casting is they're looking for an African-American to play him.
    Matt Reeves officially confirms Jeffrey Wright will play Commissioner Gordon.

https://www.thewrap.com/matt-reeves-...in-the-batman/

Makes me wonder about Batgirl. I know some people have been bringing up a tendency for red-heads to get recast as black characters ...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Makes me wonder about Batgirl. I know some people have been bringing up a tendency for red-heads to get recast as black characters ...
    Yeah, I wonder if they've thought that far ahead as far as Barbara/Batgirl is concerned.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Yeah, I wonder if they've thought that far ahead as far as Barbara/Batgirl is concerned.
    All options are probably still possible when it comes to Batgirl. I have memories of Reeves saying he's also outlining a bigger Bat universe and if that's not scratched... Babs could be Gordon's daughter/niece or there won't be a Batgirl to Pattinson's Batman. There's Cassandra Cain in BoP, though.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    All options are probably still possible when it comes to Batgirl. I have memories of Reeves saying he's also outlining a bigger Bat universe and if that's not scratched... Babs could be Gordon's daughter/niece or there won't be a Batgirl to Pattinson's Batman. There's Cassandra Cain in BoP, though.
    Looking at the take they're going for there, I think it's pretty clear there aren't any serious Batgirl plans for that version.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Seems these actors are in talks to join BATMAN.

Matthew McConaughey-Harvey Dent.
    Colin Farrell-Penguin.
    Andy Serkis-Alfred.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mcco...171024947.html

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Seems these actors are in talks to join BATMAN.

Matthew McConaughey-Harvey Dent.
    Colin Farrell-Penguin.
    Andy Serkis-Alfred.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mcco...171024947.html
    Yea saw this. penguin... well I like Farell but that's not good casting flip that. I rather Farrell play Afred cause I think Serkis could do a great Penguin. Both actor are a bit young for Alfred. But play up the grey hair and it will be fine.

Yea saw this. penguin... well I like Farell but that's not good casting flip that. I rather Farrell play Afred cause I think Serkis could do a great Penguin. Both actor are a bit young for Alfred. But play up the grey hair and it will be fine.
    I would have thought Serkis would be the one they would want to play Penguin too. But maybe he doesn't want to get too typecast as playing a freak. He was Gollum in Lord of the Rings and Caesar in Planet of the Apes.
    So this time he opted for playing a normal looking human being. Looks like Farell is going to be modeled after Gotham's Penguin instead of Batman Return's Penguin.