Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: The Batman

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

It seems WB is experimenting with two cuts

Mighty Member

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post

Sigh...
    This trailer was not cut well at all. whoever put this trailer together did a poor job. it feels like a mash up and all over the place. Why did they show Selina walking fast twice in what feels like very similar scenes, also the fast artificial drum beat background. I thought that was a MCU thing. Overall not really impressed with this second trailer. I think the first one was better even if it did not give me the Oscar Vibe I wanted.
    Last edited by Castle; 12-27-2021 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Thoughts:

- Everything seems pretty on-point as far what you would expect character/depiction-wise. So much so that it almost feels like been there, done that, because, execution aside, I feel like I've seen this half a dozen time.

- Typical "Bruce Wayne spends so much time as Batman that he's neglecting Bruce Wayne" stuff.

- Seems like Selina might not think much of the Waynes, not knowing who Batman is...

- I dunno, Riddler feels too much like your garden variety anarchist who just happens to have a riddle gimmick. Like I feel like we see this so much in movies these days.

- "I have a thing for strays." "I've got nine of 'em." Peak Catwoman dialogue.

- So...definitely seems like something's up with the Waynes, and Alfred didn't tell Bruce.

- That sequence with Batman and Catwoman fighting Riddler and his goons (is that the climax?) reminds me a lot of Batman and Catwoman fighting the Children of Arkham in Telltale games.

- Batman solving a Riddler riddle. "Justice" being the answer instead of "vengeance" makes me think this is when Bruce realizes something about how his crusade and Batman can't be about vengeance any more.

I think Catwoman is what I’m most excited about in this movie.

I’m sure I’ll like the movie overall, but every trailer apart from the first one has just made it seem very similar to the Nolan films except with a more interesting looking Gotham.

Another problem for me is the use of (as Frontier said above) another anarchist villain that is super realistic and, physically not a match for Batman. I get that it’s probably focussing on the detective/intelligence side of Bruce, but can’t they ever marry that up with an actual physical threat (Bane was good in TDKR til the Talia twist imo)

Clearly there’s a horror/thriller influence, with Seven maybe being the most obvious influence, but I really wish a director was brave enough to do this kind of movie with more out there characters like Clayface or Solomon Grundy. Batman is easily the IP DC can take real risks with, I just don’t understand why it always has to be so grounded in reality and ignore the high concept sci fi and fantasy elements. Like, imo, a Batman movie with Clayface as the villain could be a pure body horror movie that plays up his strengths as a detective.

I dunno, I’m sure I’ll like this movie, I just hope there’s room in sequels for something newer for the character.

I just wonder how big of a secret there could be this early on in "Batman's..." career.

Arkham?

Its going to be hard to resist comparing this to a lot of Batman Begins. And its going to pretty much suffer in comparison, I think.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Its going to be hard to resist comparing this to a lot of Batman Begins. And its going to pretty much suffer in comparison, I think.
    Hard telling.

It's tough to see them staying in the ballpark the way that they have unless they really did believe that they have a shot at carving out their own space in the bigger "Batman..." picture.

I keep being reminded of the Telltale games.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I just wonder how big of a secret there could be this early on in "Batman's..." career.

Arkham?
    Court of Owls?

All-New Member

I'm just shocked that Pattinson will play the new Batman. I think that he is not very brutal and aristocratic. The cinematography, the score its just amazing.

Incredible Member

I've just accepted that nobody will be content with a new Batman, whether its the actor, the costume, the Batmobile. It's a wait and see type of thing who knows maybe Pattinson can pull it off and be great such as Keaton and Bale or ok like Affleck and Kilmer or just mediocre like Clooney.

I just think of it as an alternate Batman this time around what with multiverses being a big thing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    I've just accepted that nobody will be content with a new Batman, whether its the actor, the costume, the Batmobile. It's a wait and see type of thing who knows maybe Pattinson can pull it off and be great such as Keaton and Bale or ok like Affleck and Kilmer or just mediocre like Clooney.

I just think of it as an alternate Batman this time around what with multiverses being a big thing now.
    To be fair I think the trailers have definitely made most naysayers warm to Pattinson as Batman. In fact, since the first trailer I think, in general, this has been most people’s most anticipated movie.

Obviously (as with every franchise) the devout fans will have their problems here and there, but I think most people are pretty content with this iteration so far

I think the disaffected, 'emo'-look Bruce Wayne is so far from model that it would always be controversial, no matter what actor played him. It doesn't mean that the film won't be good, though, or that Pattinson was a bad choice.