Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 254

Thread: The Batman

  1. #31
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles California
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    I hope they do something different and make Batman a minority.

  2. #32
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    6,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    I hope they do something different and make Batman a minority.
    But not just fall back on if he isn't white he is black. That has almost gotten cliche. Mix it up a little. Aquaman was played by a Hawaiian and Wonder Woman an Israeli.
    Perhaps cast a Hispanic or Asian as Batman. Or someone whose people are from India.

  3. #33
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    I hope they do something different and make Batman a minority.
    Bruce Wayne is already a part of the smallest minority there is - the 1%.

  4. #34
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    I hope they do something different and make Batman a minority.
    Part of what makes Bruces backstory original is that he comes from old world money. Kinda doesnt make sense to make him not white. But you can keep Thomas Wayne comic accurate but make Martha a POC. So Bruce can be Bi Racial. Maybe make her Asian and cast Daniel Henney as Bruce

  5. #35
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles California
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Bruce Wayne is already a part of the smallest minority there is - the 1%.
    That’s true

  6. #36
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Afleck just did not seem to enjoy his time as Batman at all.
    Maybe near the end of his time as Batman, when he had to promote JUSTICE LEAGUE. But you can't attribute all his unhappiness to playing Batman--there were a lot of things going on in his life and he was unhappy as a result of all that--having to promote the movie and being insulted by the fanbase just made his life that much more bitter. But before that, he put in a lot of time on BVS and being Batman in SUICIDE SQUAD and writing the script for his own Batman movie--and I doubt he would have done all that work if he didn't have a passion for the character. It just sucks that for all he gave to the Batman, he was repaid with crap from bitter fanboys.
    celebrating 50 years of 4 beatles crossing a zebra

  7. #37
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Maybe near the end of his time as Batman, when he had to promote JUSTICE LEAGUE. But you can't attribute all his unhappiness to playing Batman--there were a lot of things going on in his life and he was unhappy as a result of all that--having to promote the movie and being insulted by the fanbase just made his life that much more bitter. But before that, he put in a lot of time on BVS and being Batman in SUICIDE SQUAD and writing the script for his own Batman movie--and I doubt he would have done all that work if he didn't have a passion for the character. It just sucks that for all he gave to the Batman, he was repaid with crap from bitter fanboys.
    I think it was more the incompetent studio than "bitter fanboys". They screwed him around so bad because they could never make up their mind what they were doing. That more than anything I'm sure soured him on the whole thing the most. Especially when he goes to all the effort to write a whole script which he also wanted to direct to seeing it basically thrown in the trash. You could just tell he was not having a good time with the part by the end and that might have had something to do with his personal problems too.

  8. #38
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,000

    Default

    David Fincher's Batman is what I'd love to see and maybe Matt Reeves is a good fit. The director is much more important than the actor for me. Also set up Robin/Nightwing already. Big part of the myth. Never done right.

  9. #39
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    17,214

    Default

    While I know I might have said this already, Clive Standen might work if it's a single film.

    While he is in his late thirties, he could pass for early thirties and he's probably the right height and build for the role.

  10. #40
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    How old was Batman in Batman: Year One? I know Reeves says it won't be Batman:Year One. But it sounds like it will take place around that time or maybe a year or two after.
    He's 25 in Batman: Year One.

  11. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Part of what makes Bruces backstory original is that he comes from old world money. Kinda doesnt make sense to make him not white. But you can keep Thomas Wayne comic accurate but make Martha a POC. So Bruce can be Bi Racial. Maybe make her Asian and cast Daniel Henney as Bruce
    I'm down. He resembles Bruce more than Christian Bale.
    "I just don't get why you wouldn't want to break the law anymore" --Scorpia

  12. #42
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    6,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LexValentine View Post
    He's 25 in Batman: Year One.
    I figured he was around that age. Which reinforces my thought that an actor in his early 30s should be the maximum age for whoever gets cast as Batman. No 40 years olds need apply.

  13. #43

    Default

    I am a fan of this show, and while it has some things that I do not like, I think it is quite underrated. Despite the Joker's design for instance; he is the best Joker ever made, even better than what the great B:TAS presented us with.
    It strangely took inspirations from Batman & Robin, at least it did not make the same mistakes of poor storytelling.


    Now that I opened up this post with a controversial opinion about the show with the same name, I will admit that I am disappointed that Ben Affleck is out. I really wanted to see him in a movie that hopefully redeems Batman boots he was given to wear, cause he got the worst mistreatment as far as live action Batman movies go with both Batman V Superman and Justice League, he needed a version that makes him shine in the role and prove that he is a good fit.

    I wonder if George Reeves can make this movie superior to War for the Planet of the Apes, which is a very good movie, but an inferior sequel to the two movie before it.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

  14. #44
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I figured he was around that age. Which reinforces my thought that an actor in his early 30s should be the maximum age for whoever gets cast as Batman. No 40 years olds need apply.
    Christian Bale was in his late 20s when he was cast for Batman Begins. I agree that the casting should be below 40.

  15. #45
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I figured he was around that age. Which reinforces my thought that an actor in his early 30s should be the maximum age for whoever gets cast as Batman. No 40 years olds need apply.
    Jered Leto is 47 so using old guys would be the theme.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •