Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839 LastLast

Thread: The Batman

Apparently AMC Theaters are experimenting with 'variable pricing' for The Batman tickets, meaning they will cost more. Not that it bothers me, as I'm an A+ Member.

I'm one of those who actually enjoys longer movies, so the runtime doesn't bother me. I'm looking forward to seeing this on Saturday.

Astonishing Member

Is it okay to actually talk about this film now or are we waiting until it's open in the states?

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Is it okay to actually talk about this film now or are we waiting until it's open in the states?
    If you want to talk about it, start a new thread with SPOILERS in the heading.

Update on you uk movie viewers. The theatres won. The R (15) has now become a 15a. So now adults CAN take kids to batman in the uk.

Apparently AMC Theaters are experimenting with 'variable pricing' for The Batman tickets, meaning they will cost more. Not that it bothers me, as I'm an A+ Member.

AMC head has been awful. Among the things he did--

Layed off thousands then gave himself a Million's raise.
    He is the guy who shortened the theatre window.
    AMC was saved by the reddit stock stunt and he took full credit for it but did zip.
    Raised prices on movies and drinks and removed showing forcing more people into one theatre.
    Just to name a few.

There is a boycott amc already starting and some people have said they will wait till the hbo max release do to this!

This guy has been hanging around disney's ceo.

John rants about him again here.

Last edited by Gaastra; 03-02-2022 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Update on you uk movie viewers. The theatres won. The R (15) has now become a 15a. So now adults CAN take kids to batman in the uk.

AMC head has been awful. Among the things he did--

Layed off thousands then gave himself a Million's raise.
    He is the guy who shortened the theatre window.
    AMC was saved by the reddit stock stunt and he took full credit for it but did zip.
    Raised prices on movies and drinks and removed showing forcing more people into one theatre.
    Just to name a few.

There is a boycott amc already starting and some people have said they will wait till the hbo max release do to this!

This guy has been hanging around disney's ceo.

John rants about him again here.

I get all of those except what I bolded. I'm not sure they've upgraded EVERY theater in St. Louis, but the one I go to now installed heated recliners in all of the theaters. That had the effect of actually cutting down the number of people that could be seated in a theater, and spaced everyone out a bit more.

I'm still pissed, though, that they closed the dine-in theater that was literally right behind my house. I could walk there. Though the signs were there that it was coming- business was down before the pandemic, and the service was awful- but still, now I have to drive 15 to 20 minutes to get to the next closest theater.

What I hate about that stock deal is that I actually bought AMC stock through Cash App, and I could have made a nice profit- but I waited too long, and the stock plunged, and I lost money on it in the end.

Astonishing Member

A parent took their kid to my showing and they ended up leaving early on because the kid got scared. Another kid behind me managed to stay the length of the film, but said it was boring and didn't get it.

Parents need to realise that just because a film has a superhero in it, doesn't mean its going to be them punching a villain for 2 hours or whatever. The run time alone is enough to put most kids off.

WB has kids toys, kids sheets, lego sets, kids books, kids shirts and tons of kids merch so you can't blame parents for taking kids to a batman film.

WB has kids toys, kids sheets, lego sets, kids books, kids shirts and tons of kids merch so you can't blame parents for taking kids to a batman film.
    True - I blame parents for taking their kids to theaters period. Noisy little things, can't shut up and watch a movie. People don't pay good money to hear kids screaming and joking.

(I kid...mostly)

Astonishing Member

No. But a bit of due diligence could prevent little kids being taken out screaming and crying after spoilers:
    Riddler caves a guys head in
    end of spoilers. I also blame classification boards for not rating films accordingly.

Although I wad amused by one guy who managed to sneak in. The ushers did a head count and then the girl suddenly went up to a guy seat two seats in front of me. She promptly told him she didn't remember selling him a ticket and that they knew how many were in that session due to allocated seating. That was a bit extra for my money.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 03-03-2022 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    No. But a bit of due diligence could prevent little kids being taken out screaming and crying after Riddler caves a guys head in. I also blame classification boards for not rating films accordingly.

Although I wad amused by one guy who managed to sneak in. The ushers did a head count and then the girl suddenly went up to a guy seat two seats in front of me. She promptly told him she didn't remember selling him a ticket and that they knew how many were in that session due to allocated seating. That was a bit extra for my money.
    Dude, spoilers!

Batman's just too marketable no matter how dark he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Marketing is his secret superpower.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Dude, spoilers!
    It's the bit in the trailers and tv spots. I shall go and amend it though,

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And just as many adults buy all that merchandise too. Besides, most of it is planned and produced well before the film is finished (often going by production sketches, costume fittings etc). If a potential licensee approaches the studio looking to make stickers for example, then they'll be made as the present another revenue stream.

Just because a film has merchandise out that is kid friendly it by no means implies the final film will be. This Batman has no scene within it that's child friendly, sadly. It's not that type of film.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 03-03-2022 at 01:01 PM.

Batman is definitely marketed towards kids as a franchise and has been since nearly the beginning. Those adults that collect stuff now started as children, too.