Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The Batman

I don't think I could take Robert Pattinson seriously as Batman, but I guess I'm willing to give him a shot.

BANNED

Robert Pattinson will jump at the opportunity to play Batman. He has yet to shake off his twilight reputation. He could also use another big blockbuster franchise. He has a legion of female fans, having legions of male fans will be too good to pass off on.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think I could take Robert Pattinson seriously as Batman, but I guess I'm willing to give him a shot.
    Ok... this is hard for me to accept
    Is there a GOOD RP movie??

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Theres one , damn what's it called.... Good time? Maybe... it's based on a true story about a screw up and his disabled brother. It's like a dark comedy and actually really good. Still cant see him as Batman but Ima trust Reeves. People surprise you

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Speaking of good, there is Good Time. Also High Life, The Lost City of Z and The Childhood of a Leader. If you have seen Good Time, he could conceivably be a young Bruce Wayne. He is 32 years old.
    So depending on how far along in Batman's career this takes place, he would be old enough while not being too old. I'm guessing Bruce became Batman sometime in his mid 20s.

BANNED

An actor's real age has very little to do with the appropriateness of a role based on the character's age. For a middle-aged character there's a good 15 year gap either direction. The right actor can play 37 whether they are 25 or 50, especially if the script is vague about the character's age to begin with (and I would expect any Batman film to be vague about the character's age).

so what villains have yet to be explored? I have rarely watched Gotham.

We should DEFINITELY point out that Robert Pattinson as Batman is only a RUMOR!!! I got scared when I first read this here because people are talking about it as if the contracts have been signed and an announcement has been made.

This is a rumor probably put out by Pattinson's "people." I don't think there's any way in hell he'll get cast as Batman, thankfully.

Pattinson is 32. If we're going to consider people in their early 30s for Matt Reeves' young Batman, then I say go with another 32 year old: Armie Hammer.

Armie Hammer has the looks, physical stature (he's 6'5"), and acting chops to handle Batman and Bruce Wayne. Also, he is in the right age range to stand next to Henry Cavill (35, 6'1"), Gal Gadot (33, 5'10"), and Jason Momoa (39, 6'4") in a future Justice League movie.

Problem solved: Armie Hammer is Batman. Sign the contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what villains have yet to be explored? I have rarely watched Gotham.
    I have heard rumors of Penguin being in The Batman. Also a few others that haven't been named as of yet. Penguin and Riddler are the two biggest villains on Gotham, get the most screen time.
    There is also a faux Joker and faux Harley Quinn. Selina Kyle, the future Catwoman is in it, but right now she is sort of Bruce Wayne's on again off again girlfriend. Poison Ivy makes an occasional
    appearance. We are going to get Bane. A lot of others have shown up in sort of guest spots, Mr. Freeze, Mad Hatter, Scarecrow, Clayface, Firefly, Hugo Strange, among others.

Whatever happened to the Arkham movie. I remember that there was rumors of a movie where The Inmates take over Arkham and Batman has to go in.

Mighty Member

Who should play Mad Hatter and Ventriloquist/Scarface?

And who thinks Jamie Lee Curtis can be Leslie Thompkins?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Robert Pattinson could work. He's not someone I'd pick, but he's a good actor and has picked great roles in his years since those Twilight joints.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 02-08-2019 at 10:53 PM.

Nothing can surpass the weirdness of how Batman cannot recognize his former employees after seeing them a second time post villainy.

Bane and Two-Face were done justice in the Nolan franchise, next comes the other three; Riddler, Poison Ivy, and Mr. Freeze. I hope they can be used properly in sequels.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Bane and Two-Face were done justice in the Nolan franchise,
    Nolan did a GREAT Harvey Dent, but when he became Two-Face everything just completely derailed. The guy gets horribly disfigured then is talked into a killer rampage by the guy who disfigured him AND then decided not to kill that guy?

Then there's Bane. Bane wasn't super strong, had a weird voice that was hard to understand, worked as a lacky for the real villain, and his weakness was getting punched really hard in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Nolan did a GREAT Harvey Dent, but when he became Two-Face everything just completely derailed. The guy gets horribly disfigured then is talked into a killer rampage by the guy who disfigured him AND then decided not to kill that guy?
    Two-Face isn't a rational person. That's kind of the point.

Then there's Bane. Bane wasn't super strong,
    He punched through concrete columns with his bare fists, lifted a fully armored Batman off the ground with one hand and cracked Batman's mask which was specifically designed to withstand strong impacts.

had a weird voice that was hard to understand,
    Please. This is more an Internet joke that is actually a problem with the movie.

worked as a lacky for the real villain,
    Batman and Robin's Bane was a lackey. TDKR Bane was a partner to Talia. And it isn't like Bane is above taking orders from someone else any way.

and his weakness was getting punched really hard in the face.
    Bruce only defeated him by damaging his breathing mask. It's no less stupid than all the times Bane was beaten by cutting his Venom pipe.