Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Elvis brought his guitar to school & emulated CAPTAIN MARVEL JR

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Elvis brought his guitar to school & emulated CAPTAIN MARVEL JR
    This ^ has been posted and ranted about more than enough times, yet it bears repeating; Of all the changes Johns made (I like the new Lieutenants/SHAZAM kids), but Freddy's hair change is truly a betrayal.
    That fans of Elvis would't even recognize the character that helped inspire him.
    I don't see how a "creator" knowing that, decides it's ok to abandon such a culturally significant, huge, iconic and historical reference, that extends beyond the comics, that has been part of the character for longer than than they've been around, and they just completley eradicate the visual connection?
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-08-2019 at 10:42 AM.

Spectacular Member

I like the idea of freddy being a detective

from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. IV (June 1985)

Spectacular Member

Freddy has dealt with lots of deaths at a young age. His parents died in a storm, later on his grandfather died, then it was revealed that his grandma was killed in a death camps and then his brothers died.(well kit came back but then they killed him). He's gone through so much

Quote Originally Posted by SelinaK12 View Post
    Freddy has dealt with lots of deaths at a young age. His parents died in a storm, later on his grandfather died, then it was revealed that his grandma was killed in a death camps and then his brothers died.(well kit came back but then they killed him). He's gone through so much
    But don't forget much (though not all) of that pathos was added on to Freddy's story during the Bronze Age at DC comics.
    After all, there was no way Kid Eternity and Captain Marvel Jr. could have been brothers back in the Golden Age since they were originally published by two separate companies (Kid Eternity by Quality Comics and Captain Marvel Jr. by Fawcett Comics.)

By the way, the revelation that the two were brothers from back in World's Finest Comics #279 (May 1982)

and #280 (June 1982)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But don't forget much (though not all) of that pathos was added on to Freddy's story during the Bronze Age at DC comics.
    After all, there was no way Kid Eternity and Captain Marvel Jr. could have been brothers back in the Golden Age since they were originally published by two separate companies (Kid Eternity by Quality Comics and Captain Marvel Jr. by Fawcett Comics.)

By the way, the revelation that the two were brothers from back in World's Finest Comics #279 (May 1982)

and #280 (June 1982)

True but at the same time it was kind of explained in world finest 268
    RCO047.jpgRCO048.jpg
    Last edited by SelinaK12; 08-06-2019 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SelinaK12 View Post
    True but at the same time it was kind of explained in world finest 268

It was set up in issue #268, but I don't know if it was ever clarified that the "Kit" referred to there was "Kid Eternity" until later, with their actual encounter / Freddy's recognition of Kit being at the end of issue #279. (However, I was only reading World's Finest Comics sporadically at that point, so I can't swear to what may have happened in-between.)