Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

History of Freddie Freeman - Captain Marvel Jr

Spectacular Member

I hate it when people spell freddy's name like that. its either freddy or fredrick but the video is really great. He's correct when he says that writers are consistent with him because there has been stories where he could restrain superman and then he there was another story where he cant even break free out of some rocks. I would really like if freddy was to get a comic but i dont think dc would do that or do it correctly (*cough* trials of shazam*cough*). Plus he still doesn't have a name.
    Last edited by SelinaK12; 02-09-2019 at 03:46 PM.

He needs to learn to increase the volume--all of his videos are if the same low volume.

I always saw Freddie as just below Cap in strength. All characters have that "bad-writer" moment where they appear less than what they are truly.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    He needs to learn to increase the volume--all of his videos are if the same low volume.

I always saw Freddie as just below Cap in strength. All characters have that "bad-writer" moment where they appear less than what they are truly.
    Freddy wasn't as strong as Cap but that didnt stop him from getting the job done and Freddy seemed to have alot of those bad writer moments imo

Spectacular Member

I'm surprised he talked about timothy karnes but not Christopher freeman. and also i dont even remember timothy karnes in any of Freddy stories i think that was just something that judd winnick added for freddy in the outsiders . Plus Judd winnick also retconned freddy parents death because in power of shazam his parents were killed in a car crash while going to one of his little league games but in outsiders it says that they drowned in a storm.

Spectacular Member

DzirpHXXcAArp0c.jpg
    I like it I just wish that his hair was black not brown

Really wish Freddy’s classic appearance and origin would be restored. Blue Thor is weird and throws away history and the Elvis connection.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Really wish Freddy’s classic appearance and origin would be restored. Blue Thor is weird and throws away history and the Elvis connection.
    Well, at least the movie Freddy isn't blonde. He may be too tall but I can at least buy the funko pop and pretend he's still a kid.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Spectacular Member

Yeah sadly it doesn't seems that way I dont really like what Geoff Johns is doing with Freddy

Spectacular Member

I actually would have liked for Freddy to be on the Rebirth Outsiders team
    Last edited by SelinaK12; 02-18-2019 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SelinaK12 View Post
    Yeah sadly it doesn't seems that way I dont really like what Geoff Johns is doing with Freddy
    I like Johns and love what he’s done to revitalize Green Lantern and Aquaman, but IMO, he really dropped the ball with the Marvel Family. They should not be contemporized to an extent that was done. I would have much preferred something like Thunderworld being the new status quo in Rebirth.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I like Johns and love what he’s done to revitalize Green Lantern and Aquaman, but IMO, he really dropped the ball with the Marvel Family. They should not be contemporized to an extent that was done. I would have much preferred something like Thunderworld being the new status quo in Rebirth.
    Yeah, I've been wanting a Thunderworld ongoing since I read that issue of Multiversity. I think Captain Marvel is really meant to be the Top Dog in a world of childlike wonder, and making "Shazam" play seventh fiddle on Superman and Batman's world just doesn't allow him or his team to fulfill their fullest potential, at all.

Granted, Captain Marvel Jr.'s world is very different from Captain Marvel's in many ways. He's got it a lot tougher, and I don't just mean being disabled with a Grandpa who was murdered by Captain Nazi, I mean the whole way Freddy's world is drawn and written in the Golden Age books is more serious, violent, with maybe even bleakness breaking in here and there. And I like that. I guess there's gotta be some room for that stuff on Thunderworld, and though I didn't see it much in Multiversity, I definitely see potential for Freddy's sub-world in like, Monster Society of Evil or in the Golden Age. DC could make it work.

Ah, but they won't, because Shazam is fairly successful for them at this point in a way that Captain Marvel and the Marvel Family generally weren't.

I hope I like the Shazam movie. The partisan in me is definitely going to see it and root for its success. But based on what I know so far, it definitely seems designed as a version of Billy Batson based more on Geoff Johns' take than on, you know, versions of the characters that I already love.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Spectacular Member

Sadly i know that they'll never give freddy a solo comic again

Quote Originally Posted by SelinaK12 View Post
    Sadly i know that they'll never give freddy a solo comic again
    Don't see where that ^ is fact.
    If the new launch and ongoing are successful, which by the way are terrific (other than blond Freddy which bothers me too, i prefer a dark more intense Freddy), and continue to build on establishing the whole SHAZAMILY! which I love, from the updated take on Billy, to the entire extended SHAZAMILY!
    The new "lieutenants" are fantastic somewhat re-working of Tall, Fat & Hill Billy. Hopefully Mary is still revealed to be Billy's unknown twin (there is still room for the reveal). And most of all Freddy; who has taken on, not only a central roll not just to Billy's arc of self discovery, but he continually stands out among the other kids, as an absolute driving force towards whimsical, inquisitive fun, the pursuit and fascination of what the power can bring, and what adventures it can lead to.
    That is all Freddy.
    He is the constant "let's do this!" guy, which is one of the funnest characters in the bunch.
    If the relaunch is a success, I can see any of the kids getting their own spin-offs tryouts, either mini-series, and if successful into their own ongoing.
    Especially Freddy!
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-20-2019 at 02:36 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Don't see where that ^ is fact.
    If the new launch and ongoing are successful, which by the way are terrific (other than blond Freddy which bothers me too, i prefer a dark more intense Freddy), and continue to build on establishing the whole SHAZAMILY! which I love, from the updated take on Billy, to the entire extended SHAZAMILY!
    The new "lieutenants" are fantastic somewhat re-working of Tall, Fat & Hill Billy. Hopefully Mary is still revealed to be Billy's unknown twin (there is still room for the reveal). And most of all Freddy; who has taken on, not only a central roll not just to Billy's arc of self discovery, but he continually stands out among the other kids, as an absolute driving force towards whimsical, inquisitive fun, the pursuit and fascination of what the power can bring, and what adventures it can lead to.
    That is all Freddy.
    He is the constant "let's do this!" guy, which is one of the funnest characters in the bunch.
    If the relaunch is a success, I can see any of the kids getting their own spin-offs tryouts, either mini-series, and if successful into their own ongoing.
    Especially Freddy!
    Your right. Hopefully the movie is a success I hope they get rid of his blonde hair if they decide to do a series for him