Page 257 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 1572072472532542552562572582592602612673073577571257 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 28258
    Spectacular Member

lol!

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    You would really want her in the Avengers titles right now dating Cap the way he's currently written? Reaction to that would be worse than the fan reaction to Alex's speech at the beginning of Uncanny Avengers and it would make no sense at all for the character...and, as I've said, Marvel would never allow a clean slate on these things.
    Well I haven't been reading ANYTHING recently so I don't know how Cap is being written. I just think the two would make a good pair IN GENERAL (not during a specific era). I know she wouldn't leave the X-family but I kinda want her to so she can start doing her own stuff, no baggage.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZehnWaters View Post
    Well I haven't been reading ANYTHING recently so I don't know how Cap is being written. I just think the two would make a good pair IN GENERAL (not during a specific era). I know she wouldn't leave the X-family but I kinda want her to so she can start doing her own stuff, no baggage.
    The characters all have baggage...as they should after 50 years...as to the Cap thing, I don't really see it...seems like it would be even more forced than Havok/Wasp in Uncanny Avengers but, to each their own.

I'm curious then, who does everything think Jean should be with if Scott and Logan are excluded (not that she HAS to be with anyone but pairing up people is fun sometimes).

I'm curious then, who does everything think Jean should be with if Scott and Logan are excluded (not that she HAS to be with anyone but pairing up people is fun sometimes).
    The only X-Man I'd be in favor of at first blush is a regular sane Warren, although history indicates that's a case of everything looks good on paper but no spark.

Otherwise date outside the madness of X-land.

Astonishing Member

No one naturally springs to mind...it's something that would need to develop naturally in story...but, these days, it never happens that way...the characters flirt for an issue or two and then hop into bed...I'd really rather Jean wasn't written that way.

I would actually hope that, when they bring adult Jean back, they not have her hook up with anyone for a while because it's a character who has never really been on her own and that should be explored.
    Last edited by grinningdemon; 10-24-2014 at 08:10 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    The only X-Man I'd be in favor of at first blush is a regular sane Warren, although history indicates that's a case of everything looks good on paper but no spark.
    Yeah, that's pretty much my take on that particular pairing too.

I was hoping that Jeen would hook up with Warren opposite the Tyke/X-23 tease Bendis gave us. That way, after an issue of the reveal we could have moved forward without any triangle drama.

Adult Jean I would prefer to see her with someone stable, more of a type who would try to save the world through example rather than punching out the problems.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I can't think of anyone I would like to see teen Jean date from the X-men or Avengers. It would have to be an A lister or a very popular B list character. I would kinda like to see her date a human, and have her saving her boyfriend from time to time. Now that Warren only has eyes for X23, who is left? Colossus? Justice? Iron First? Peter Parker? Johnny Storm? Hellion? Cannonball? It can't be someone that's too much older than her otherwise it would just look creepy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    I can't think of anyone I would like to see teen Jean date from the X-men or Avengers. It would have to be an A lister or a very popular B list character. I would kinda like to see her date a human, and have her saving her boyfriend from time to time. Now that Warren only has eyes for X23, who is left? Colossus? Justice? Iron First? Peter Parker? Johnny Storm? Hellion? Cannonball? It can't be someone that's too much older than her otherwise it would just look creepy.
    -Colossus: too old, plus owuld piss off kitty pride
    -Justice: he's a C lister in my opinion, it'd be weird if he gets to B list just for being jeens boyfriend (plausible), but I think he's too old (he was going to marry firestar)
    -Iron First: he's with misty knight
    -Peter Parker: Last time I saw he was dating silk
    -Johnny Storm: Too old
    -Hellion: Might piss off x 23, and he's kind of a douchebag tbh
    -Cannonball: who the hell is cannonball?
    And the winner is sam alexander (kid nova)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Actually yes. I know you've mentioned that the Avengers never send their characters over to the X-franchise (Carol Danvers and Quicksilver both had stints actually though it has been a while admittedly), but the thing is it's not a two way street really. The Avengers are focused on world wide threats and serving all of Earth while the X-Men in recent years are pretty much a special interest group who don't venture outside their world unless they absolutely have to. Yes they've saved the world a couple times too but it's nearly always mutant related or something they just fell into. What reason is there for any Avenger to go in for such a narrow focus which is also largely self-interested which is the very antithesis of what superheros are supposed to be?
    Thank you!!!

Though I have a feeling once Secret Wars ends that it'll no longer be that self interest no more for the X-men and we'll start seeing a lot of mixing and matching between Avengers and X-men line ups.

Adj. X-men:

Sue Storm
    Storm
    Psylocke
    Rachel
    Carol or maybe Black Widow or even Emma.

Jean should start dating Emma.

I know many people feel like the recent Avengers and X-Men mash ups have felt forced, and yes Marvel has hammered them home a little harder than was probably best, but it makes sense to me why they'd do it. I think on some level Marvel understands that the franchises that have existed in their little silos for so long have contributed quite a bit to series stagnation, and mixing it up with other heroes (since compelling villains are hard to come by these days) allows them to at least do something different with them. And the Avengers are the ones with pop-culture cache right now. If anything Marvel probably feels like they're doing the X-Men a favor. Just look at the results.

Super teams fighting each other has been a story beat for decades in comics, but for Marvel it's never driven the direction of a property like it has in recent history. AvX was by no means a genius creation and the jury's still out on Axis, but Scott Summers has never been more popular than he is now and some people love reading his arc which owes much to the AvX fallout.

As for the notion that people fear and hate mutants but love "regular' superheroes in the same universe being a non-sensical idea, in recent times I've come around to thinking that it's not so unlikely after all looking at how fickle people in the real world are, especially with public figures of all types and their impression of such which can turn on a dime.

http://adagadegelo.deviantart.com/ar...Grey-412096639

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    actually it would be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Which one will telepaticaly disguises herself as Cyclops ?