Page 199 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 991491891951961971981992002012022032092492996991199 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 28258

as dark phoenix

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZehnWaters View Post
    I still think it looks grey-green.
    It looks to be the same colour as things we know to be white, like the white in the hair of Storm and Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    ...more things in heaven and earth...
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    That is epic and gorgeous.

o

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    That is epic and gorgeous.

o
    Google tells me it has the boring name, vdB 141 South.

Also of note is the associated and creepy Ghost Nebula. Rising from the stellar ashes? Jean?! Is that you?!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I found this on the Marvel Heroes fórums:

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discu...mment_13219877

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by joe90 View Post
    great set but the white Phoenix is missing.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeenRogue View Post
    she in the white room

Quote Originally Posted by JeenRogue View Post
    So is X-Factor Jean Grey

Jean as model, bendis already stated he not forgot about it.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

The funny part was when Cyclops showed up and all the other models started flirting with him then Jean got pissed
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Bendis on Tumblr (sorry was too late to ask the question for X-Position) :

narasinha asked: You took the O5 from the 60 and brought them to our time. They were a reflection of society/idea of that time. In ANXM, we see significant change in the O5 behavior. In particular, Jean is more self-assured, assertive, willing to use her powers, to question her elders and state her opinion. How much of this come from making the characters more palatable to contemporary readers? How much is driven by the story as a way to show that their personalities are changed by the idea/values of our time?
    With me a lot is driven by character and I think this book, for those very familiar with the characters history, is a lot about how environment can affect character. but it’s a little different than that because they came here to a new environment but that environment also comes with either vague or complete knowledge of their legacy. so in many respects it is a big chance at a do over

and they are young. and impressionable. and the changes happening to them I think they may not be fully aware of yet
    http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com...ht-them-to-our

Imho, Bendis' answer is interesting as it confirm that he isn't writing Jean that way because he ignores how she was writen in the 60 or because he want to "modernize" her but because she, and the other O5, are changed by the idea and concepts of the society they are now living in.

In the "Rachel Appreciation" thread, I pointed out the difference between Jean and Rachel's personalities. Imho, Rachel was always shown more aggressive, rowdy and impulsive than Jean. More ready to use her power. That's reflected by her way of going in the middle of things and fighting at close quarter. Jean, on the other way, was always less willing of using her powers, specialy against other people. She was less outward. She always wanted to take everything on herself and to impose self-control on herself.

Now, that's pure speculation but it may be one of the reason why Jean (the Phoenix construct) turned into Dark Phoenix while Rachel had less problem with the PF. By trying to suppress her powers, by controling herself, she made herself more vulnerable when Mastermind manipulated her mind. Xavier artificialy blocking her powers just made things worse. Rachel ways of embracing the PF and using it routinely acted as a "safety valve", making her less likely to "blow-up", with catastrophy results, under external pressure.

In term of psychology, Jean's persona is in conflict with Phoenix's personal. She try to suppress Phoenix power and raw emotions and conform to the image that the society of the 60' is expecting of her. By doing so, she created a weakness that could be exploited by Mastermind.

Again, pure speculation, but Jeen is now writen as more self-assured than she was in the 60'. She is more willing to use her powers, more sure of herself and less willing to "take shit" from her elders. Following Rachel's example, if she ever become the host of the Phoenix, that may just make her more ready to embrace that power and handle it and so less likely to turn into Dark Phoenix.