BANNED

Being that White Hot Room Jean/Phoenix has appeared to Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Storm, and Emma Frost, I'd really like her to appear to Jean. I'd be happy to see her explain while yes there's Dark Phoenix, Phoenix saved the universe from destruction. Phoenix stopped the celestials from destroying a planet, stopped Cassandra Nova from killing all mutants and destroying the Shi'ar, and Phoenix destroyed the demons at the end of Inferno (Manhattan was demonized until Jean took back the Phoenix fragment that was released when Maddie killed herself). Oh and of course Phoenix amputated Sublime's future, and Phoenix restored mutation at the end of AvX.

The first time Jean only went Dark Phoenix due to Mastermind (with help from Emma Frost) subverting her into becoming the Hellfire Club's Black Queen. That happened in part due to her lack of experience as a telepath (Xavier had kept her telepathic powers dormant for years as the early Marvel Girl). Jeen knows what happened via memory dump from Beast, and she's already had a lot of telepathic fights from early on and this includes when she beat Lady Mastermind (more powerful than her father).

But back to my ultimate point, Adult Jean's friends maybe biased towards the Phoenix because they associate it with Adult Jean's death ,but the Phoenix repeatedly save them and so many others. It is something Jean can control (Adult Jean did control it just fine during the Morrison run). I'd like to see her get perspective from her adult self, and someone with great cosmic/mystic insight like Dr. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    But back to my ultimate point, Adult Jean's friends maybe biased towards the Phoenix because they associate it with Adult Jean's death ,but the Phoenix repeatedly save them and so many others. It is something Jean can control (Adult Jean did control it just fine during the Morrison run).
    And would have controlled just fine in the original Claremont run if it wasn't for the Hellfire Club messing with her mind. Something they more often than not ignore for some reason...

Preach It, Please!

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Being that White Hot Room Jean/Phoenix has appeared to Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Storm, and Emma Frost, I'd really like her to appear to Jean. I'd be happy to see her explain while yes there's Dark Phoenix, Phoenix saved the universe from destruction. Phoenix stopped the celestials from destroying a planet, stopped Cassandra Nova from killing all mutants and destroying the Shi'ar, and Phoenix destroyed the demons at the end of Inferno (Manhattan was demonized until Jean took back the Phoenix fragment that was released when Maddie killed herself). Oh and of course Phoenix amputated Sublime's future, and Phoenix restored mutation at the end of AvX.

The first time Jean only went Dark Phoenix due to Mastermind (with help from Emma Frost) subverting her into becoming the Hellfire Club's Black Queen. That happened in part due to her lack of experience as a telepath (Xavier had kept her telepathic powers dormant for years as the early Marvel Girl). Jeen knows what happened via memory dump from Beast, and she's already had a lot of telepathic fights from early on and this includes when she beat Lady Mastermind (more powerful than her father).

But back to my ultimate point, Adult Jean's friends maybe biased towards the Phoenix because they associate it with Adult Jean's death ,but the Phoenix repeatedly save them and so many others. It is something Jean can control (Adult Jean did control it just fine during the Morrison run). I'd like to see her get perspective from her adult self, and someone with great cosmic/mystic insight like Dr. Strange.
    Quoted for truth - and more importantly, justice!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Chest size.
    Ya kind of this. It' s sad that you can a girls age by her chest in comics. Often times even teen age girls get over large chest sizes. But even without the chest thing she still looks like a child to me. Her entire build looks small and frail next to the guys in the same picture.

Marvel is doing Trading Cards variants (Heh) Jean is basically is going to be in the titles she's appearing in: Jean Grey #4 will have Dark Phoenix and X-Men Blue #7 will have well Jean Grey.

On a side note OML will be getting Professor X eww. -_-

Edit: They already made a thread about it lol. I saw it a little too late.
    Last edited by The_Phenom2893; 04-14-2017 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Chest size.
    xmenblue2017006-covcol-99011.jpg

This chest size?

Ultimate Member

I don't think that chest size is the one that was meant, it's in that preview page of a female character with a small bust than teen Jean's, who seems to change from panel to panel...

Krakoa is for lovers Blackphoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    So. How old is Jeen? 17? 18?-- When she "died" in the Dark Phoenix Saga Jean was 25 yo I vaguely remember... (IMHO John Byrne drew the best Jean Grey ever)
    Going by the earliest issues of X-Men, Iceman was the youngest at 16, and Beast was the oldest at 19, so I'm guessing that she is probably around 18, like Havok83 said a few pages ago. In the original run, she was already attending college around issue #25 or so

Quote Originally Posted by LocoSteve View Post
    Wow.....

*ahem*

I love Art Adams' art. I hope he draws an issue of Blue.
    Last edited by Blackphoenix; 04-14-2017 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoSteve View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPX-mW4l1rU
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Whoa, Jeen is rocking Scarlett Johansson's 'do in "Ghost in the Shell".

And yeah, funbags.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

jean deserved a trading card variant
    we can be heroes, just for one day

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    jean deserved a trading card variant
    She's the only character to get two! As Dark Phoenix on her solo, and as 90s Jean on X-Men Blue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    She's the only character to get two! As Dark Phoenix on her solo, and as 90s Jean on X-Men Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post

Always loved this first one. May be my favorite pic of '90s Jean ever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Always loved this first one. May be my favorite pic of '90s Jean ever.
    Me too! It's not my favorite costume of hers, but this is the best rendition of it. Love the power signature and the hair too.

I remember I even got a Jean foil sticker from a vending machine that had this art.