Page 884 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 3847848348748808818828838848858868878888949349841384 ... LastLast
Results 13,246 to 13,260 of 28258

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Wait, are we talking about Bendis' Uncanny or Bunn's Uncanny ?.
    Soulsword323 said "he shouldn't be allowed to ruin it, especially since his rendition of Teen Jean in Uncanny was terrible" in reference to Greg Land. So I guess it's Bunn's UXM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Well, I tried to make X-men BLUE Jean Grey
    I think you did a very good job!

The hair and face are especially nice---you have captured Jean's face and hair.

The costume combines the green, yellow and black, into a modern variation of her X-Factor uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    . Just keep thinking good thoughts for the Jean/Jeen solo!
    Oh yes, indeed!

I'm actually okay with Jean's hair here. I've made peace with bangs. As long as it's drawn well it should be okay.
    First X-Lady

so Hopeless is writing teen jean grey solo

https://t.co/CuvQcBByaU

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    She was in Uncanny?
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Soulsword323 said "he shouldn't be allowed to ruin it, especially since his rendition of Teen Jean in Uncanny was terrible" in reference to Greg Land. So I guess it's Bunn's UXM.
    Yes Bunn's Uncanny X-Men, she showed up in an image montage that was sort of like a what's happened up till now thing. She didn't physically show up in the book, but her and the All New X-Men team were used as one of the images, and it looked horrible.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 12-01-2016 at 09:30 AM.

BANNED

Called it...
    He only took ANXM so he could write Jeen later

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I love that Jean got Ibanez as her artist! I was hoping he would stick around the X-World, and I'm very happy he gets to continue to draw Jean. While I was hoping for someone new, Hopeless does love Jean, and I'm glad someone who loves the character is getting to write her. I like that she'll be going around trying to train to prepare for the Phoenix force, and will get to interact with people other than the usual suspects. I'm very happy with the creative team!

I love the artist, the costume, and I'm confident Hopeless is gonna do a good job too, but... THAT HAAAIR. No. I don't like short haired Jean. Never. Rachel's already doing that. From the X-Men Blue cover I don't think it was meant to be like that.

Ok, now about the plot. "Jean gets a premonition of sorts. She’s told the Phoenix is back in play and that the Earth is doomed unless Jean Grey can step up”" That feels a bit like the dreams Jean had on Apocalypse. I like the idea of Jean having premonotions, kind of a psychique thing.

“I have a post-it note on my laptop with this growing Phoenix list: Quentin Quire? Hope Summers? Rachel? Phoenix Five?” That makes me really excited! I always wanted a Jean solo about the Phoenix with these exact characters involved(Except Phoenix 5, I'd rather forget that existed). They're part of the Phoenix mythos and Phoenix mythos is Jean mythos(imo). I actually haven't read X-Men Year One, but I'll do as soon as I can.

Nice. This is what I was hoping for.

I'm happy with the creative team. The costume is growing on me, although I think I would like it better without the jacket (which makes it feel too 80s/90s for me). I actually like the short hair with bangs.

I have to say, my only disapointment is that this is teen Jean. I really want adult Jean back, I can't get down with teen Jean fully bc I feel like they O5 are temporary. They have to go back at some point right? I would love if the Phoenix could merge teen and adult Jean in some way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    so Hopeless is writing teen jean grey solo

https://t.co/CuvQcBByaU

This will be interesting

The Phoenix is gonna be up to something, That's for sure. I really hope he taps into the Jean he had in Season One. Can't get much better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    I'm happy with the creative team. The costume is growing on me, although I think I would like it better without the jacket (which makes it feel too 80s/90s for me). I actually like the short hair with bangs.

I have to say, my only disapointment is that this is teen Jean. I really want adult Jean back, I can't get down with teen Jean fully bc I feel like they O5 are temporary. They have to go back at some point right? I would love if the Phoenix could merge teen and adult Jean in some way.
    Well, this is kind of my dream book, even the situation Jean is currently in(leading the X-Men, even though I don't think that will be touched that much) except that is with teen Jean instead of the adult one. So I'm not gonna complain. Also, yeah, merging the two would be just perfect. I really really wanted to have the old Jean back but I don't want all the development Jeen got to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, this is kind of my dream book, even the situation Jean is currently in(leading the X-Men, even though I don't think that will be touched that much) except that is with teen Jean instead of the adult one. So I'm not gonna complain. Also, yeah, merging the two would be just perfect. I really really wanted to have the old Jean back but I don't want all the development Jeen got to go away.
    That is my feeling, everything is perfect (team, scenario, leadership etc), I just wish it was adult Jean. If I knew this Jean was sticking around forever, I could get more invested in it.