Page 885 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 3857858358758818828838848858868878888898959359851385 ... LastLast
Results 13,261 to 13,275 of 28258

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    That is my feeling, everything is perfect (team, scenario, leadership etc), I just wish it was adult Jean. If I knew this Jean was sticking around forever, I could get more invested in it.
    I think you should be more worried about older Jean not coming back at all cause Marvel plans to fully replace her with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think you should be more worried about older Jean not coming back at all cause Marvel plans to fully replace her with this one.
    Well, I'm (kinda) ok with that, I just want some clue as to what is up. The premise of the O5 was that they need to go back at some point. I know they can't right now, but will they ever?

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    Well, I'm (kinda) ok with that, I just want some clue as to what is up. The premise of the O5 was that they need to go back at some point. I know they can't right now, but will they ever?
    I don't think Marvel currently has a long-term plan actually. Right now they still want the O5 to stay and be prominent but that could change any time.

Love the news that Hopeless is writing Jean's solo series. He was my first choice as soon as I heard it announced, primarily because of his awesome work on X-men Season One. That series had a teenage Jean Grey that was fun, relatable, affable, and upbeat. I think O5 Jean needs that right now, especially if the Phoenix Force is going to be a factor again. This series cannot come soon enough.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I have no complaints about this. I love the idea of this book and look forward to the possibilities. The idea of Jean traveling around trying to grow as a character has a very RPG feel to it that I love.

And who knows? While I don't believe this will at all be a vehicle for adult Jean to return, because the Phoenix is involved maybe young Jean will finally get to have a conversation with her older self.

So disaplointed in the artist choice. He has drawn Jean in exm like a 14 year old. And the cover shown with the reveal is even worse- looks like a 90s bowl haircut on the front.

Very excited about the story direction but man am I sad about the aesthetics.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    So disaplointed in the artist choice. He has drawn Jean in exm like a 14 year old. And the cover shown with the reveal is even worse- looks like a 90s bowl haircut on the front.

I actually really like the cover, except for the damn hair. It's not by Ibanez though.

Well the good news is that cover isn't by the interior artist, which is the same person who's been doing EXM. I think the cover artist did draw her hair too short and how it looks on the Blue cover - which is similar to how she had it before Secret Wars - is more accurate.

The cover not being by ibanez is a relief, thanks y'all for pointing that out.

I guess I just wish the first cover of Jean's first solo had "nailed" it.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

I think there's a chance for her to have short hair and for her not to. Or for her to have inconsistent hair like Carol had for some time(long in X-Men Blue, short on her solo and god knows what else on other appearances). Jamie Mckelvie original design leaves it for intepretation.

And about the Phoenix... I'm actually feeling this thing will be a cop-out. Jean will spend time getting ready for it, but when the Phoenix actually comes she'll be like "You know, I'd rather be just be the normal usual Jean" and either the Phoenix will be like "Oh, sure sweetie." or Jean will be sending the Phoenix away from earth.

Though I guess it is really waaaaaaay too soon to assume anything. Just thoughts cause I'm gonna be speculating a lot in my mind for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

i'm glad i not the only one who think this way, you know it's like ibañez listen teen and he practically think that jean need to look like a child...

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
    i'm glad i not the only one who think this way, you know it's like ibañez listen teen and he practically think that jean need to look like a child...
    I think she just looks like an actual teenager. We're too used to seeing teens looking like adults in comic books or in shows/movies with 30 years old actors playing them, that when they're portrayed accurately it seems weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think she just looks like an actual teenager. We're too used to seeing teens looking like adults in comic books or in shows/movies with 30 years old actors playing them, that when they're portrayed accurately it seems weird.
    well maybe, but the thing is that i was hoping something like this 515150.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
    well maybe, but the thing is that i was hoping something like this 515150.jpg
    Yes, all of those.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'll admit that when Ibanez first drew Jean I thought she looked a little too young, however, his recent issues of EXM have been better IMO. That being said I'm very happy that we got someone as talented as him to do Jean's first ongoing series. I mean its better then some of the other choices out there *cough*Greg Land*cough*.