Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    So glad they didn’t go with the ponytail. Anyone else feel Trinary’s costume design should have been Jean’s Extraordinary look?
    I love the ponytail. MA makes it work here in a way it never did with the 90s look

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I love the ponytail. MA makes it work here in a way it never did with the 90s look
    It's a better look overall but that weird sideburn thing has got to go.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I hope she wears the ponytail like once or twice as a little alternate look. That was the impression I got from that pic anyway, as he's showing the final design rather than an early concept.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...24664294600704
    interesting, i wonder who is the secret member.
    I'm guessing it's the one who showed up in the last few panels of X-Men Red #2.

Quote Originally Posted by 3aMeHa View Post
    I'm guessing it's the one who showed up in the last few panels of X-Men Red #2.
    Logan? I thought at first but now I don't think so. I feel like the last member and the "friend turned foe" are the same character. It's probably gonna be someone being controlled by Cassandra Nova who's gonna be freed from the brainwashing by Jean. This plot already starts on the next couple of issues, while Logan's return is still an ongoing thing with all the Hunt for Wolverine minis and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Logan? I thought at first but now I don't think so. I feel like the last member and the "friend turned foe" are the same character. It's probably gonna be someone being controlled by Cassandra Nova who's gonna be freed from the brainwashing by Jean. This plot already starts on the next couple of issues, while Logan's return is still an ongoing thing with all the Hunt for Wolverine minis and etc.
    IA, it has to be the foe. Outside of Storm and Beast, whom people have speculated, how about Psylocke, Iceman or Dazzler?

IA, it has to be the foe. Outside of Storm and Beast, whom people have speculated, how about Psylocke, Iceman or Dazzler?
    My thoughts are absolutely Beast, Iceman, Dazzler, or Frenzy.

All of them would be fantastic additions to the team as well. Especially Iceman.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Amazing Member

I'm still betting on (younger) Logan as the 'secret member". 2 Wolverines, why not? After all, there are two Hawkeyes, several Iron Men and two or more Thors running around.

As for "friend turned enemy" I'm betting on Emma, Bishop, Beast (Dark version), or (outside chance) Xavier/X. Emma is an odd choice but Ghost Jean did refer to her as "an old friend" in the Jean Grey miniseries. Bishop has always been a wild card. Dark Beast is just plain rancid. Xavier, who knows whether he is the same guy as the original? I don't see Angel or Iceman as being a threat and, Storm? Scarlet Witch? Kitty Pride? Not seeing it. Magneto - so not a friend. Jean was admired by many but, historically, which X-Men has she been shown as being particularly close to other than the deceased Cyclops? It could be an out of left field ringer like Ted Roberts, but I don't think so.

I really like Frenzy and hope to see more of her but I don't think Jean knew her other than as one of Magneto's Acolytes. Dazzler? Bleah. Disco Done.
    Last edited by 3aMeHa; 03-07-2018 at 06:17 PM.

MA's Jean looks like she's Gabby's age in some panels

Quote Originally Posted by 3aMeHa View Post
    I really like Frenzy and hope to see more of her but I don't think Jean knew her other than as one of Magneto's Acolytes. Dazzler? Bleah. Disco Done.
    Frenzy and Jean have a pretty significant history, man. Frenzy started appearing pre-Acolyte in X-Factor and was first an X-Man under Jean... sorta by force.

BANNED

I agree. It makes sense. I do wonder who Cassandra Nova would deem useful for her agenda. I assume she'd want a powerful mutant under her control, and for it to be someone close to Jean makes sense, given how malicious Cassandra is.

I think it could very well be any of the Astonishing X-Men cast, given it's a finite serie. Angel, Bishop or X are all powerful mutants that share a history with Jean ofc. Alternatively, powerful mutants like Hellion, Frenzy, Sunfire or Banshee could very well be additions to the team, all of which have ties to at least one current member of the team. I don't think Iceman will join, just because he's been too busy in his solo, and now in X-Men Gold, to transition to another team so soon. And Dazzler would be a total random pick I think.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I agree. It makes sense. I do wonder who Cassandra Nova would deem useful for her agenda. I assume she'd want a powerful mutant under her control, and for it to be someone close to Jean makes sense, given how malicious Cassandra is.

I think it could very well be any of the Astonishing X-Men cast, given it's a finite serie. Angel, Bishop or X are all powerful mutants that share a history with Jean ofc. Alternatively, powerful mutants like Hellion, Frenzy, Sunfire or Banshee could very well be additions to the team, all of which have ties to at least one current member of the team. I don't think Iceman will join, just because he's been too busy in his solo, and now in X-Men Gold, to transition to another team so soon. And Dazzler would be a total random pick I think.
    Perhaps Cassandra Nova breaks out Banshee from his containment capsule at some Avengers lab and he goes all evil horseman "your time has come sapiens, bow to homo superior" etc, making a mess in some city and causing antimutant panic.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post

Iceman has been cancelled and his role in Gold is temporary, not that it matters bc Kurt is in this book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Perhaps Cassandra Nova breaks out Banshee from his containment capsule at some Avengers lab and he goes all evil horseman "your time has come sapiens, bow to homo superior" etc, making a mess in some city and causing antimutant panic.
    I think that's within the realm of possibility. I've been dying for Sean to make a comeback, so him in X-Men Red, alongside Jean, Kurt & Remy would be a dream come true

Iceman has been canceled and his role in Gold is temporary, not that it matters bc Kurt is in this book.
    I'm well aware that Iceman was canceled, and that the new Gold team is probably temporary. My point was that he's had a lot going on, and I can't see him transitioning to a new team so soon.

Fantastic Member

Jean's costume looks so good here

Just read Venom and disappointed. spoilers:
    Jean's dead and the X-men have like no reaction. WTH?
    end of spoilers
    Even though I'm still not a fan of her Costume, for some reason it looks better with the rest of the team. What I really don't like, though, is that Jean is being used in a lot of Marvel Promo and they're using that Costume. A Phoenix Variant would have looked more "iconic", IMO.

I'm curious about the "reason for the suits"?