Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I think it's really because Hope was so blatantly a Jean Grey replacement that all but disappeared when Bendis brought teen Jean and the rest of the o5 to the future too.
    Absolutely no offense to their fans, but Rachel, Maddie, Hope and Teen Jean were all - to some extents - Jean Grey replacements. Some of them became characters of their own, but all were "manufactured" to replace the original.

Hope has always felt like her own character. It's Rachel who's most redundant and should be burned away. She doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Hope has always felt like her own character. It's Rachel who's most redundant and should be burned away. She doesn't work.
    Ironic that the one actually shown on panel as a potential replacement is the one who ended up being the most unique.

BANNED

Actually, no. Rachel has her own ties and relationships within the X-Men. Hope was jettisoned the instant Jeen was brought to the future.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    That's it. Thanks!

Its not showing on all my devices. Some just show the photo bucket logo. I've re-uploaded it to blogspot.

That's a nice shot of Jean floating in the sky. Really looking forward to Red, and I'm excited to see who the other secret member is.

BANNED

As for the other Jean replacements, to me Rachel has her full place in the X-Men as a member as Jean's daughter. Maddie, on the other hand, has no usefulness at this point. The Goblin Queen stuff is lame at this point, and instead Marvel could have Selene (powerful mutant witch) as a major enemy of Jean and the X-Men. Or Moondragon if she goes back to being a villain. Jeen is going to go back to her time/universe at some point. Being that Rachel and Cable are the only family adult Jean has left, I'd like to see Jean interact with them soon.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

As for the other Jean replacements, to me Rachel has her full place in the X-Men as a member as Jean's daughter. Maddie, on the other hand, has no usefulness at this point. The Goblin Queen stuff is lame at this point, and instead Marvel could have Selene (powerful mutant witch) as a major enemy of Jean and the X-Men. Or Moondragon if she goes back to being a villain. Jeen is going to go back to her time/universe at some point. Being that Rachel and Cable are the only family adult Jean has left, I'd like to see Jean interact with them soon.
    Also Nate.

BANNED

Trying to find a scan of that Comic Shop News issue but apparently that thing is the most obscure piece of media in circulation.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    That's it. Thanks!

Its not showing on all my devices. Some just show the photo bucket logo. I've re-uploaded it to blogspot.

Nice thank you. Wonder if Jean is sensing the world’s pain.
    First X-Lady

Even though she was introduced to fill a bit of Jean's absent void, Rachel has always been her own character. She shares the TP/TK, red hair/green eyes, and even Phoenix Force which all make sense as a genetic inheritance, but where personality is concerned she and Jean aren't really anything alike.

Maddie...I'm not the best judge of because I've always known her as Jean's clone. If you grew up reading the comics of the time and Maddie being a real replacement Jean was an actual plot twist to you then you might feel differently. But these days to me Jean Grey is to Madelyne Pryor as Superman is to Bizarro...for lack of a better comparison.

With the real Jean coming back I’ve made peace with the other characters. Look at how many Spider related characters there are. Every character has their fans.
    Last edited by 5cents; 12-31-2017 at 04:26 PM.
    First X-Lady

BANNED

I can get behind this! BURN!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    With the real Jean coming back I’ve made peace with the other characters. Look at how many Spider related characters there are. Every character has their fans.
    I still hate derivative characters/

Actually, no. Rachel has her own ties and relationships within the X-Men. Hope was jettisoned the instant Jeen was brought to the future.
    Any character who's around long enough has ties and relationships. Rachel is still a redundant character who doesn't add anything to any team, especially when Teen Jean was running around and even more especially now that the real Jean is back. She has no impact, no purpose in this timeline, and Marvel half the time forgets to even include her in stories she'd actually make sense in (re: the Phoenix Force.) Hope at least has a different power set, much different characterization compared to Jean, and was more useful with the Phoenix than Rachel ever was.

BANNED

Any character who's around long enough has ties and relationships. Rachel is still a redundant character who doesn't add anything to any team, especially when Teen Jean was running around and even more especially now that the real Jean is back. She has no impact, no purpose in this timeline, and Marvel half the time forgets to even include her in stories she'd actually make sense in (re: the Phoenix Force.) Hope at least has a different power set, much different characterization compared to Jean, and was more useful with the Phoenix than Rachel ever was.
    They're both redundant and should be sent to limbo.