Page 642 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 14254259263263863964064164264364464564665269274211421642 ... LastLast
Results 9,616 to 9,630 of 28258

I wonder if she's been using a fake last name while at school? Jean Grey probably isn't a household name like Captain America or Iron Man, but imagine anyone who googled her would likely find something.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I wonder if she's been using a fake last name while at school? Jean Grey probably isn't a household name like Captain America or Iron Man, but imagine anyone who googled her would likely find something.
    I remember an Annual for X-treme X-Men, which featured a story of Kitty going through a messageboard from a FoH webpage. It had profiles of all the X-Men, with either their codenames or real names. Emma's profile was removed cause she sicked her lawyers on the site. Anyways, Jean's profile was something like "Red headed woman". And they mentioned that there used to be another redheaded woman who was dead and then this one showed up.

So at least during Morrison's era, where the School was made public, Jean was not publicly known beyond a woman who worked there, she was interviewed, but it probably didn't go beyond that.

While they can probably find something, Jean was gone when the X-Men started their PR stunt during the Reload era. This Jean is younger so even if people could find a way to link her, they would probably just assume she's related to the grown up one.

I think he meant because of the school's name. I don't see how can the Jean Grey School not be known.

ew at Beast + Jean kiss.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I remember an Annual for X-treme X-Men, which featured a story of Kitty going through a messageboard from a FoH webpage. It had profiles of all the X-Men, with either their codenames or real names. Emma's profile was removed cause she sicked her lawyers on the site. Anyways, Jean's profile was something like "Red headed woman". And they mentioned that there used to be another redheaded woman who was dead and then this one showed up.

So at least during Morrison's era, where the School was made public, Jean was not publicly known beyond a woman who worked there, she was interviewed, but it probably didn't go beyond that.

While they can probably find something, Jean was gone when the X-Men started their PR stunt during the Reload era. This Jean is younger so even if people could find a way to link her, they would probably just assume she's related to the grown up one.
    Wasn't aware of the FoH story, but that makes sense. The X-Men were always so secretive I don't think the greater superhero community learned exactly what happened in the original Phoenix Saga until the original Jean got drug out of Jamaica Bay. And the fact Jean spent so much of her post-resurrection time without a proper codename probably helped her remain unidentifiable.

Not to mention the X-Men usually have at least two computer geniuses on staff at any given time so I'd wager they spend a fair amount of time scrubbing their online presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think he meant because of the school's name. I don't see how can the Jean Grey School not be known.
    I could pretend that I actually was this clever, but it honestly hadn't occurred to me.

But now that you bring it up it is interesting to consider. While the X-Men and the Xavier institute's true purpose were clandestine up until Morrison's run everyone always knew where it was since Prof. X was something of a public figure. Made all the more apparent how once he revealed his mutant status the place proceeded to get blown up every other week or so.

I imagine that even if people could make the connection with the school name, one could brush it off as a coincidence, since if they figure out who it was named after that person is legally dead. Jean Grey is a common enough name for that.

But I guess it makes the most sense she took a different last name. At the very least she is under some kind of false identity to enroll in Empire State. But I doubt that there were be an issue if she still uses her real name.

BANNED

Extraordinary X-Men #1 was ok, it felt just like a set up issue. I need to see more of Leimire's Jean before I can make a decision on whether I'll stick with it.

I wish Mike Mayhew can draw a Jean series or issue. He does a gorgeous Jeanne. Only thing I can fault him for is making her eyes blue instead of green.

*He does a gorgeous Ashley Benson with redhair :P
    Btw, I like this Phoenix and 90's Jeans he did.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I imagine that even if people could make the connection with the school name, one could brush it off as a coincidence, since if they figure out who it was named after that person is legally dead. Jean Grey is a common enough name for that.

But I guess it makes the most sense she took a different last name. At the very least she is under some kind of false identity to enroll in Empire State. But I doubt that there were be an issue if she still uses her real name.
    I'm just rather amused that Marvel still uses fictional colleges in their books.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    ew at Beast + Jean kiss.
    I second that, ick.

Quote Originally Posted by XchaiX View Post
    I second that, ick.
    I dont think there is a single person who found it acceptable or a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by cwatz View Post
    I dont think there is a single person who found it acceptable or a good idea.
    Possibly not even Bendis. Intentional trolling? "Look what I can make canon!"
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Haha, perhaps. Thing is, it could be entirely meaningless. Hank is on the next page in the school, and they are never together again. That would have made this even less significant than their first lifeless encounter. It all depends if Lemire follows suit, which seems unlikely considering the circumstances.

I hope not.

She kissed him before right, on ANXM, but it was more of a friendly kiss.

This one was like "let's force it to be romantic" when there's been 0 allusions to it, to say it was forced it would be putting it mildly.

But eh, I hope it isn't carried over on Extraordinary

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Bendis never knew of this?
    All-New X-Men Special 001-005.jpg
    All-New X-Men Special 001-006.jpg
    All-New X-Men Special 001-007.jpg