Page 682 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 18258263267267867968068168268368468568669273278211821682 ... LastLast
Results 10,216 to 10,230 of 28258

Just read Extraordinary X-men #4. O5 Jean really shined at one particular point in a way that I think Jean fans will appreciate. She may be time-displaced, but this issue proved that she's a heavy hitter who deserves to be on the front lines with the X-men's heavy hitters.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

X-Editors on Jean

We've been seeing Jean struggle with the idea of destiny in "Extraordinary X-Men." Is she destined to die? And here Jean rejects this notion, too. She can't be a normal person, she's an X-Man, but that doesn't mean she has to follow in the footsteps of her older self, either.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Just read Extraordinary X-men #4. O5 Jean really shined at one particular point in a way that I think Jean fans will appreciate. She may be time-displaced, but this issue proved that she's a heavy hitter who deserves to be on the front lines with the X-men's heavy hitters.
    Awesome I was nervous that she would be relegated to the child role on the team needing to be protected. Glad she gets to pull her punches.

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    X-Editors on Jean

We've been seeing Jean struggle with the idea of destiny in "Extraordinary X-Men." Is she destined to die? And here Jean rejects this notion, too. She can't be a normal person, she's an X-Man, but that doesn't mean she has to follow in the footsteps of her older self, either.
    I found this quote noteworthy as well. It implies that Jean doesn't want to end up dead and will do anything she can to change it. That's good in the sense that her actions could eventually lead to a return of an adult Jean Grey, if not directly than indirectly by affecting the timeline. But I don't think that's going to happen for a good long while. O5 Jean has already proven to be a popular character who can hold her own in the X-books. And I think with her being young and played by the beautifully charismatic Sophie Turner, Marvel is going to keep her in this state for a while. And I'm okay with this so long as the effects on the timeline are eventually explored at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Awesome I was nervous that she would be relegated to the child role on the team needing to be protected. Glad she gets to pull her punches.
    Oh she does more than that. She proves to be one of the X-men's most valuable members in the issue, at least for the first half. But she still holds her own later on. At no point does she end up having to be rescued or calmed down. That alone is progress compared to the early days when she was in All-New X-men. And I hope that trend continues because a stronger Jean Grey means a stronger X-men.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

BANNED

I found this quote noteworthy as well. It implies that Jean doesn't want to end up dead and will do anything she can to change it. That's good in the sense that her actions could eventually lead to a return of an adult Jean Grey, if not directly than indirectly by affecting the timeline. But I don't think that's going to happen for a good long while. O5 Jean has already proven to be a popular character who can hold her own in the X-books. And I think with her being young and played by the beautifully charismatic Sophie Turner, Marvel is going to keep her in this state for a while. And I'm okay with this so long as the effects on the timeline are eventually explored at some point.

Oh she does more than that. She proves to be one of the X-men's most valuable members in the issue, at least for the first half. But she still holds her own later on. At no point does she end up having to be rescued or calmed down. That alone is progress compared to the early days when she was in All-New X-men. And I hope that trend continues because a stronger Jean Grey means a stronger X-men.
    I think the plan is just to have her grown into the adult Jean Grey. She has the memories of the first via memory download from Beast(that was down to make the past of the original Jean Grey a part of teen Jean's backstory). various alternate futures show her never going back. Not just Battle of the Atom, but the alternate future in the Uncanny Avengers too.

TK first and later TP. That's nice. Too often authors only use one part of her powers.

That's both Jean's right? That's sweet, I always imagined how it would be them meeting each other. I believe that Jeen would be kinda impressed but wouldn't see herself there, and the older Jean would be emotional and treat her like a daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    That's both Jean's right? That's sweet, I always imagined how it would be them meeting each other. I believe that Jeen would be kinda impressed but wouldn't see herself there, and the older Jean would be emotional and treat her like a daughter.
    Yep, both Jean! Eh! They did meet each others in No More Humans (well she meet Dark Phoenix who wasn't really "Dark" by the end of the book)

what is that from?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    what is that from?
    It's from "No More Humans". That's what I was refering to in my previous post.

Last edited by Narasinha; 12-24-2015 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Commission sketch by Ed Silva:

Great sketch. Hope one day O5 Jean gets to visit the White Hot Room and see her older self. I have a feeling that if that does happen, it'll only happen shortly before the O5 X-men return to the past. And I don't see that happening for the foreseeable future. Still, I hope Marvel is at least considering the possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Yep, both Jean! Eh! They did meet each others in No More Humans (well she meet Dark Phoenix who wasn't really "Dark" by the end of the book)
    To be honest I didn't read NMH, I heard people saying it was a total filler.

BANNED

LL! Leave it to "Sir Whines-a-Lot" to assume that "sentient" beings excluded Mutants...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    To be honest I didn't read NMH, I heard people saying it was a total filler.
    It ends way too clean, making its impact very low.

I had a lot of fun with it though.