Just want to note that O5 Jean had some nice moments in X-men Blue #29 today. It's not looking good for Jimmy, though. Still highly recommend this book.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    love triangles arent the problem. the problem is how unbalanced it is, Scott get much more than Jean.
    That doesnt make a good read for jean fans
    I
    I honestly think it's more about love triangles, they are the source of the toxicity in relationships. For example just look at Logan, he has had more love interest than Jean and Scott combined, he has hooked up with more people that i can remember but there is no problem because no character was undetermined by them or had that horrible drama. As a result nobody hates Logan's relationships or love interest (some people hate him with jean, but thats because of the love triangle).

love triangles arent the problem. the problem is how unbalanced it is, Scott get much more than Jean.
    That doesnt make a good read for jean fans
    I
    Scott/Jean's relationship has only had 2 triangles with other women for Scott (Psylocke and Emma) vs 1 with Jean (Wolverine). Id hardly call say Scott gets "much more". Even then, its hard to quantify Psylocke as a true triangle. Having Scott/Jean be together and throwing more men at Jean wont make these type of stories better

Love triangles mostly work if you play then as comedy to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Love triangles mostly work if you play then as comedy to be honest.
    They also work when driving the story forward. But when the writer wants to use it as a status quo he or she needs to be reminded that such foolishness doesn't work outside of Archie - or similar stories where everyone is stuck in current characterization because what we see is a snapshot in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    They also work when driving the story forward. But when the writer wants to use it as a status quo he or she needs to be reminded that such foolishness doesn't work outside of Archie - or similar stories where everyone is stuck in current characterization because what we see is a snapshot in time.
    True, i hope that if Scott is brought we don't have go throught a repetion of the Synger movies.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Scott/Jean's relationship has only had 2 triangles with other women for Scott (Psylocke and Emma) vs 1 with Jean (Wolverine).
    Scott and Jean were in a triangle with Warren in the Silver Age.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    So it's even then. Glad we can put that to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Barely. There was no romantic feelings or attraction on Jean's part for Warren and they never dated. Warren crushed on her before she got together with Scott but he . Scott and Jean's relationship only had Wolverine as a third party. I'll concede and give you Warren but it was hardly played up as anything

Scott/Jean's relationship has only had 2 triangles with other women for Scott (Psylocke and Emma) vs 1 with Jean (Wolverine). Id hardly call say Scott gets "much more". Even then, its hard to quantify Psylocke as a true triangle. Having Scott/Jean be together and throwing more men at Jean wont make these type of stories better
    I'm not talking only about love triangles.

the triangle with Emma was much more serious than the wolverine. Scott was about to choose between Jean and Emma. logan and jean was never reached close to it.
    we cant forget that emma and scott had a full blown relationship.
    I dont want scott/jean together, but for sure I want some men thrown at Jean

if warren counts, maddie also counts

White said about Scott dating other women. what about jean, he doesnt care at all
    Last edited by spirit2011; 06-13-2018 at 10:03 AM.

I'm not talking only about love triangles.

the triangle with Emma was much more serious than the wolverine. Scott was about to choose between Jean and Emma. logan and jean was never reached close to it.
    we cant forget that emma and scott had a full blown relationship.
    I dont want scott/jean together, but for sure I want some men thrown at Jean

if warren counts, maddie also counts
    then what kind of triangle are you taking about bc you went on to describe love triangles with your example.

Emma was the only serious third party in Scott/Jean's relationship. If you want to go by that, its his 1 vs her 0. Thats still hardly him having much more than her.

I didnt count Maddie as there was never a triangle written there. She was presumed dead when Scott reunited with Jean and was killed within 2 issues of them learning she was alive.

then what kind of triangle are you taking about bc you went on to describe love triangles with your example.

Emma was the only serious third party in Scott/Jean's relationship. If you want to go by that, its his 1 vs her 0. Thats still hardly him having much more than her.

I didnt count Maddie as there was never a triangle written there. She was presumed dead when Scott reunited with Jean and was killed within 2 issues of them learning she was alive.
    That still more anyway and a big one. emma/scott rivalizes scott/jean.
    Scott got more love interests and character development.

That still more anyway and a big one. emma/scott rivalizes scott/jean.
    Scott got more love interests and character development.
    Largely due to Jean being dead for far too long. Twice. It wasn't fair to Jean, but any active character is going to get more development than one who isn't on the page. Rogue, Storm, and many others got more character development too, just by virtue of being around.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

now Jean is alive and Scott is dead, she will get more love interest and development, they are even (or they will be).

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    now Jean is alive and Scott is dead, she will get more love interest and development, they are even (or they will be).
    I hope I don't have to wait over a decade. It wasn't fair the first time, and 2 wrongs don't make a right.