Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I hope I don't have to wait over a decade. It wasn't fair the first time, and 2 wrongs don't make a right.
    I give him 2 years max before he comes back, 1 is more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I give him 2 years max before he comes back, 1 is more likely.
    Many X-men are resurrected: Jean, Xavier, Logan, Madrox. I doubt that Scott keep dead for more than 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Many X-men are resurrected: Jean, Xavier, Logan, Madrox. I doubt that Scott keep dead for more than 2 years.
    That's what i said that 1 year is more likely.

I hope I don't have to wait over a decade. It wasn't fair the first time, and 2 wrongs don't make a right.
    There is a younger Scott that is not dead and that is part of the cast of a book. Jean didn't even had that.

When Jean was gone we had nothing until young Jean came along. For me it doesn’t even feel like Xavier and Logan were gone that long. For Jean it felt like she was gone all my high school/college years. I have nieces as old as how long Jean was gone.
    Last edited by 5cents; 06-13-2018 at 11:41 AM.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    now Jean is alive and Scott is dead, she will get more love interest and development, they are even (or they will be).
    I hope they will be even, because right now they arent

Largely due to Jean being dead for far too long. Twice. It wasn't fair to Jean, but any active character is going to get more development than one who isn't on the page. Rogue, Storm, and many others got more character development too, just by virtue of being around.
    and Jean was dead because writers wanted to develop Scott.
    I'm not sure how much writers are interested on Jean character without Scott, they seem much more interested on Scott without jean.
    Even if she was dead, writers could had done much better when she was alive.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    and Jean was dead because writers wanted to develop Scott.
    I'm not sure how much writers are interested on Jean character without Scott, they seem much more interested on Scott without jean.
    Even if she was dead, writers could had done much better when she was alive.
    I had heard that the main reason why Jean has been dead so long is because they wanted to keep Scemma and if they brought her back they should break Scemma. which always seemed completely stupid, Jean could be without Scott, could have other relationships and Scemma could have existed without problems.
    if now they put Jean with another person and they say that Scott can not return so as not to break them, it's going to be the same nonsense. I personally think that Jean was so long outside was more than anything because those who ran the X-men at the time simply didn't like Jean.

the reason Jean was kept dead for so long was Quesada did not like her being alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    the reason Jean was kept dead for so long was Quesada did not like her being alive.
    Yes, I heard this many times as the "real reason" that Jean was kept from returning--he hated the character and get said as long as he worked for Marvel, Jean would not return.

Then someone gave us all that stuff--false "Hope", so to speak--in July 2010--"keep your eyes on a green-eyed, red haired girl..." That years later waiting and reading, turned out NOT to be Jean.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Hope was always intended to be Jean by Mike Carey and it seemed like she was her well into the Cable run (when she used telekinesis to stop Bishop's bullet), but by the time Second Coming came around, plans had changed.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Hope was always intended to be Jean by Mike Carey and it seemed like she was her well into the Cable run (when she used telekinesis to stop Bishop's bullet), but by the time Second Coming came around, plans had changed.
    THat happened like 2 months before Second Coming; they didn’t rewrite things that late. That wasn’t a hint at her being Jean, but rather the first hint of her mimicry powers. I never bought that theory that she was Jean and felt it was more a red herring. I speculated that her powers would involve mimicry and thats what they ended up revealing

Has anybody ask Carey if he would come back (if only briefly like No More Humans) and do a Jean story now that she is back.

He seemed like the only Pro Jean writer at the time.
    Last edited by 5cents; 06-13-2018 at 04:56 PM.
    First X-Lady

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    THat happened like 2 months before Second Coming; they didn’t rewrite things that late. That wasn’t a hint at her being Jean, but rather the first hint of her mimicry powers. I never bought that theory that she was Jean and felt it was more a red herring. I speculated that her powers would involve mimicry and thats what they ended up revealing
    Either way, they changed the original plan. When she was born Hope WAS meant to be Jean.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Has anybody ask Carey if he would come back (if only briefly like No More Humans) and do a Jean story now that she is back.

He seemed like the only Pro Jean writer at the time.
    Bendis was as well